Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Alabama Abortion Ban:

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by firstfloor View Post
    The name you give it or the emotional attachment that a person has to it, says nothing about what it actually is. This sort of confusion explains some of the very poor decision making around abortion.
    Which you yourself used:

Laws that ban or severely restrict a woman’s right to abortion, are using the unwanted child to punish the mother. That is one reason that such laws are deeply immoral.

Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Which you yourself used:
    I see a slight misunderstanding has arisen, namely, that when I wrote ‘child’ I meant ‘child’. I hope that helps.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I see a slight misunderstanding has arisen, namely, that when I wrote ‘child’ I meant ‘child’. I hope that helps.
    It helps establish the fact that you're referring to an "unwanted child" as opposed to a "clump of tissue" or some other such term. Like when Tassman accidentally refers to the "mother" instead of "the woman". In fact, you also used the term "mother".

Every once in a while, you liberals screw up and accidentally speak the truth.
    --- this space intentionally left blank ---

4. Amen Sparko amen'd this post.
    Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    It helps establish the fact that you're referring to an "unwanted child" as opposed to a "clump of tissue" or some other such term. Like when Tassman accidentally refers to the "mother" instead of "the woman". In fact, you also used the term "mother".

Every once in a while, you liberals screw up and accidentally speak the truth.
    I cannot speak for Tassman, but I am pro-children, pro-mothers, pro-contraception, pro-sex education, and pro-women’s choice. I also think that a country benefits when it puts public resources into raising and educating its poorest children.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I cannot speak for Tassman,
    That's OK, neither can he.

but I am pro-children, pro-mothers, pro-contraception, pro-sex education, and pro-women’s choice. I also think that a country benefits when it puts public resources into raising and educating its poorest children.
    One of your "pro" issues is in direct conflict with one or more of your other "pro" issues. It does not compute. DANGER, Will Robinson!
    --- this space intentionally left blank ---

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

but I am pro-children, pro-mothers, pro-contraception, pro-sex education, and pro-women’s choice.
    One of these things is not like the others,
    One of these things just doesn't belong,
    Can you tell which thing is not like the others
    By the time I finish my song?musical note.gif

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    That's OK, neither can he.

One of your "pro" issues is in direct conflict with one or more of your other "pro" issues. It does not compute. DANGER, Will Robinson!
    This is how to reduce the incidence of abortion. We want to avoid turning the clock back to this:

But I cannot forget. I am a nurse, and have been for 19 years. I work for Planned Parenthood of Westchester and am committed to its goals as a direct result of my experiences in the field of obstetrics and gynecology. I saw what happened to women who were made desperate by unwanted pregnancy. I remember the more fortunate women who survived, and I remember the ones who were taken from the emergency room to the morgue. Their pain, their suffering, and their deaths were so unnecessary and so tragic. Those were the days when it was not unusual for half of the obstetric beds in a large public hospital to be occupied by women suffering the consequences of illegal abortion.
    NY Times archives.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    This is how to reduce the incidence of abortion. We want to avoid turning the clock back to this:

NY Times archives.
    The whole back-alley abortions with young women dying in the streets story was a sham. A lie. Never happened.

Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The whole back-alley abortions with young women dying in the streets story was a sham. A lie. Never happened.
    This is the article from 1981.
    https://www.nytimes.com/1981/02/01/n...-abortion.html

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    It did happen but was almost unheard of. Moreover, Bernard Nathanson, co-founder in 1969 of the National Association for the Repeal of Abortion Laws (NARAL) and one time director of New York City’s Center for Reproductive and Sexual Health (who later found God and became a very vocal Pro-Life supporter) exposed how the pro-abortion movement made up figures concerning the number of deaths linked to illegal abortions. He noted that they constantly fed the media the lie that 10,000 women a year died as a result of botched illegal abortion when in fact it was but a tiny fraction of that (in 1972, the year prior to Roe v. Wade, 28 deaths were reported from illegal abortions).

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)