Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Alabama Abortion Ban:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Did you miss my point, or are you choosing to reply by insult in lieu of rebuttal? Feel free to have another go at it, or not.
    I didn't miss your point - but you clearly missed my point by several parsecs. Feel free to have another go at it. Or not.
    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
    MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• This is interesting...

World’s smallest newborn who weighed same as an APPLE at just 8.6oz survives after parents are told she’d only live for an hour

smalles newborn.jpg

She was born 23 weeks and three days into her mother's 40-week pregnancy.

Doctors told her distraught mum and dad after the birth that they would only have about an hour with their girl before she died.

But Saybie's mum said: "That hour turned into two hours, which turned into a day, which turned into a week."

The delighted new mother, who does not wish to be named, appeared in a video announcing the miraculous survival.

It was released last night by Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women & Newborns.

Bless her tiny little heart*.

*and I mean that sincerely
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Oh, I stopped reading too soon.....

More than five months have passed since the birth - and little Saybie has gone home as a healthy 5lb infant.

The baby's family gave permission to share the story but wanted to stay anonymous, the hospital said.

They allowed the girl to go by the name that nurses called her: "Saybie."

Her ranking as the world's smallest baby ever to survive is according to the Tiniest Baby Registry, maintained by the University of Iowa.

Dr. Edward Bell, a professor of paediatrics at the uni, said Saybie had the lowest medically confirmed birth weight submitted to the registry.

But he added: "We cannot rule out even smaller infants who have not been reported to the Registry."

So, Saybie is "the world's smallest newborn" reported to the Registry! Not necessarily the smallest newborn in 'ever'.

And 5 months old and home with family!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          This is interesting...

World’s smallest newborn who weighed same as an APPLE at just 8.6oz survives after parents are told she’d only live for an hour

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37337[/ATTACH]

She was born 23 weeks and three days into her mother's 40-week pregnancy.

Doctors told her distraught mum and dad after the birth that they would only have about an hour with their girl before she died.

But Saybie's mum said: "That hour turned into two hours, which turned into a day, which turned into a week."

The delighted new mother, who does not wish to be named, appeared in a video announcing the miraculous survival.

It was released last night by Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women & Newborns.

Bless her tiny little heart*.

*and I mean that sincerely
          The fact that a baby can survive after just 23 weeks pretty much flies in the face of some of the pro-abortion crowd's talking points.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Source: Louisiana's governor, a Democrat, signs 'heartbeat' abortion bill into law

Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards, a Democrat, broke from his party's ideology Thursday and signed a bill that would prohibit women from having an abortion once a baby's heartbeat is detected, in almost all cases.

Edwards urged his party colleagues to do so as well, tweeting a statement on Wednesday saying "I call on the overwhelming bipartisan majority of legislators who voted for it to join me in continuing to build a better Louisiana that cares for the least among us and provides more opportunity for everyone."

The fetal heartbeat abortion ban applies to pregnancies as early as six weeks, before some woman even know they are pregnant and include exceptions only for "medically futile" instances where the mother's health is at risk or the baby is stillborn. The bill necessitates an ultrasound to confirm pregnancy and does not include exceptions for women who were victims of rape and incest.

Many fellow Democrats lashed out at Edwards, with 2020 presidential candidate Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, D-N.Y., accusing the governor of "turning his back on Louisiana women by signing this shameful bill."

The bill's passage makes Louisiana the fifth state, after Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, and Ohio, to pass a fetal heartbeat act in its state, which challenges the constitutional right to an abortion guaranteed by the Supreme Court's 1973 ruling in Roe v. Wade.

Republican Gov. Kay Ivey signed an Alabama abortion bill into law earlier in May that makes performing abortions at any stage of pregnancy, with no exceptions except health risks to the mother, a felony crime punishable by up to life imprisonment.

In Louisiana, doctors and medical providers who perform an abortion could face up to two years in prison and lose their medical license.

Although many of the states legislations have been challenged in court because of its constitutional conflict, state lawmakers hope that the controversy will facilitate Supreme Court justices in overturning Roe v. Wade.

The Louisiana law will not go into effect until Mississippi's similar legislation is upheld by a federal court, but so far, it faces legal challenges as a federal judge blocked the Mississippi law by injunction on Friday.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

It should be noted that the bill was sponsored by another Democrat, state Sen. John Milkovich. A few in the MSM are trying to conceal this.

For example Andrea Mitchell, who is NBC News' Chief Foreign Affairs Correspondent and anchors Andrea Mitchell Reports on MSNBC, while commiserating with the head of Planned Parenthood Leana Wen, complained about how fetal heartbeat laws "bit by bit chip away at abortion services in state after state where there are Republican governors and legislatures." Again, Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards is a Democrat.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              The fact that a baby can survive after just 23 weeks pretty much flies in the face of some of the pro-abortion crowd's talking points.
              And, again, that's only the smallest "not necessarily the 'soonest' birth" reported to the record keeping entity in Iowa.

Comment

• So - a foetus barely half way to full term might survive outside the womb. Kind of makes a mockery of any argument that it's just a blob of cells.
                1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                Scripture before Tradition:
                but that won't prevent others from
                taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                  So - a foetus barely half way to full term might survive outside the womb. Kind of makes a mockery of any argument that it's just a blob of cells.
                  EVEN IF one were to accept the argument that the baby is, at some point, a "blob of cells", it's getting harder and harder to deny that the point at which that "blob" actually becomes a viable person (not my words) is getting pushed earlier and earlier.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    EVEN IF one were to accept the argument that the baby is, at some point, a "blob of cells", it's getting harder and harder to deny that the point at which that "blob" actually becomes a viable person (not my words) is getting pushed earlier and earlier.
                    Yup - there a middle ground will become available with further developments in medical technology - you can have your abortion, provided that everything possible is done to preserve the baby's life.
                    1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                    Scripture before Tradition:
                    but that won't prevent others from
                    taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                    of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                      So - a foetus barely half way to full term might survive outside the womb. Kind of makes a mockery of any argument that it's just a blob of cells.
                      And states like New York celebrating their legalizing abortions at end of term pregnancies while Saybie's survival demonstrates that babies can survive from the second trimester.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
                        I didn't miss your point - but you clearly missed my point by several parsecs. Feel free to have another go at it. Or not.
                        Given that all you're doing here is JimL-level aping what I said in hopes that I'll go into defensive mode, yes, you seem to have missed my point. Can you tell me what my point was, or shall I assume that, as usual, you're more interested in merely being a jackass?
                        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• I've given hospital care to premature babies of about that age ( circa 24 weeks) - their whole foot about the size of the top joint of my thumb....

And some people think it's quite Ok to abort babies older than that still...
                          ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            Given that all you're doing here is JimL-level aping what I said in hopes that I'll go into defensive mode, yes, you seem to have missed my point. Can you tell me what my point was, ...
                            Your point was that it is bad idea to refrain from punishing criminals who get caught because you cannot equally punish criminals who don't get caught; it has consequences such as not locking up proven murderers.

Can you tell me what my point was, and how your point is in any way relevant? Based on your responses so far, I doubt it.

... or shall I assume that, as usual, you're more interested in merely being a jackass?
                            That would be easier on your ego than admitting error.
                            Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                            MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
                              I've given hospital care to premature babies of about that age ( circa 24 weeks) - their whole foot about the size of the top joint of my thumb....

And some people think it's quite Ok to abort babies older than that still...
                              As the Democrat Governor of Virginia, as well as several others, has shown, the idea of post-birth abortion is now on the table.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                As the Democrat Governor of Virginia, as well as several others, has shown, the idea of post-birth abortion is now on the table.
                                Isn't that just infanticide? Aka the thing ancient pagans liked to do with unwanted babies? Sounds like the opposite of progress to me.
                                If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment