Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Alabama Abortion Ban:

Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Between 1950 and 1960, the National Centre for Health Statistics has about 200 - 250 deaths per year from illegal abortions. You also have much exploitation of desperate women because they were vulnerable and acting illegally. This is very definitely a history not to be repeated.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtfloor View Post
    The New York Times lied then just as it lies now.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Between 1950 and 1960, the National Centre for Health Statistics has about 200 - 250 deaths per year from illegal abortions.
    Does that statistic include the innocent children who were killed?

Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Does that statistic include the innocent children who were killed?
    Happily, no children were killed. But you know that already, so you’re just trolling as usual.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by firstfloor View Post
    Between 1950 and 1960, the National Centre for Health Statistics has about 200 - 250 deaths per year from illegal abortions. You also have much exploitation of desperate women because they were vulnerable and acting illegally. This is very definitely a history not to be repeated.
    In 1978 the CDC examined the number of deaths resulting from illegal abortions earlier in that decade during a three year period and found that they ranged between five and 39. A far cry from the 10,000 per year that abortion proponents and the ever obedient MSM kept erroneously reporting. In the last year that I could find information (2014) the CDC reported that six women died as a result of a legal abortion.

Doesn't seem that all that much has changed.

Moreover, since the 1970s the availability of contraceptives and their efficiency has markedly increased making abortions less necessary -- if the contraceptive precautions were used. Increasing restrictions on abortions would likely mean that contraceptives would increase in use since women would know that they couldn't rely on an abortion for their means of avoiding having a baby.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Happily, no children were killed. But you know that already, so you’re just trolling as usual.
    Considering the testimony of different nurses at abortion clinics that live babies who the mothers gave birth to after the abortion failed to do its dirty work were later killed, your claim is false even when we use your narrow definitions.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

7. Amen Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.
    Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Considering the testimony of different nurses at abortion clinics that live babies who the mothers gave birth to after the abortion failed to do its dirty work were later killed, your claim is false even when we use your narrow definitions.
    This is why good sex education is needed, so that girls know when they are pregnant. It is the reason that good health care is made available so that girls get help early and free of judgment, and so that abortions are carried out safely.

We already know that removing access to professional abortion services does not prevent abortion and therefore it is a sinful and inappropriate solution to the desire that everyone has to reduce the incidence of abortion and particularly of late term abortions.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Happily, no children were killed.
    Lies. Abortion always kills a child.

10. Amen Cerebrum123, mossrose amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    250 over 10 years is a whole lot less than the 10's of thousands dying in back alleys that the prochoice people pushed as a statistic and still do.

12. Amen Bill the Cat, Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    God, family, chicken! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    250 over 10 years is a whole lot less than the 10's of thousands dying in back alleys that the prochoice people pushed as a statistic and still do.
    And most of those were from infections before the advent of antibiotics.

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---