Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Alabama Abortion Ban:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laws that ban or severely restrict a woman’s right to abortion, are using the unwanted child to punish the mother. That is one reason that such laws are deeply immoral.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
      Laws that ban or severely restrict a woman’s right to abortion, are using the unwanted child to punish the mother. That is one reason that such laws are deeply immoral.
      So, let's kill the baby for the mother's temporary convenience. That's much more moral and makes more sense.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
        Laws that ban or severely restrict a woman’s right to abortion, are using the unwanted child to punish the mother. That is one reason that such laws are deeply immoral.
        I assume you're just trolling and aren't so far gone morally that you think this is a legitimate argument.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          My daughter, who has been a labor/delivery nurse, also added that one reason there are so many C-sections (particularly when a woman has already had a C) is that it's far more convenient for the doctor to name the date and time, and schedule the "birth", than to be summoned at the last possible moment from his golf game. (I made up that last part )

But, seriously, I think this "once a C, always a C" is often used as an excuse to make things more manageable for the doctor. Not only can he schedule the date and time, but there's a much more "fixed" window of time required for the procedure.
          Well truthfully the once a C section always a C-section was once true. The incision they made until the 1970's was such that uterine rupture was a crazy high risk. and in some cases its still very true. I was a once a c-section but my internal incision was classical not transverse. I had a baby (my first) that was too large to be delivered any other way. For safety reasons, My 2nd and 3rd were C-sections too. Although i didn't find out until AFTER my third what kind of incision I had. My medical records weren't available for my second so out of an abundance of caution I scheduled the c-section and I don't regret it one bit. Especially after my 3rd I found out that a Vbac would've been entirely too risky. I've also come to realize that while VBAC is appropriate in some cases and a real option, repeating a c-section is less out of convenience and more to control many other unknown factors.
          A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
          George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
            Even though my neices can be a handful, I'd much rather care for them than do the yucky mating without actually reproducing thing! Is there a way to ethically remove the sex drive from anyone who doesn't want to reproduce? Or should they just use contraception?
            No. Contraception, tube tying or vasectomy is the only way to do it.
            A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
            George Bernard Shaw

Comment

So, let's kill the baby for the mother's temporary convenience. That's much more moral and makes more sense.
              ‘killing babies’ is a pro-birth myth and disguises the desire to punish women for having sex. My position is avoid cruelty to either the woman or the fetus, and promote sex education and contraception. It is a policy that works.
              “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
              “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

‘killing babies’ is a pro-birth myth....
                Any woman who has "lost her baby" during pregnancy would beg to differ.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Any woman who has "lost her baby" during pregnancy would beg to differ.
                  The name you give it or the emotional attachment that a person has to it, says nothing about what it actually is. This sort of confusion explains some of the very poor decision making around abortion.

Comment

‘killing babies’ is a pro-birth myth.
                    Amazing how some of those babies actually have survived attempts to "mythicize" them

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The name you give it or the emotional attachment that a person has to it, says nothing about what it actually is. This sort of confusion explains some of the very poor decision making around abortion.
                      I would agree. That a procedure can be conducted to kill a baby - far enough into gestation that it can survive outside the womb - is an outright travesty. But New York State does allow that procedure. Whatever argument is raised in support of killing a foetus before it can survive (lame argument though it be), not even a lame argument can be logically produced to support killing a foetus that has developed enough to survive outside the womb.
                      1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                      Scripture before Tradition:
                      but that won't prevent others from
                      taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                      of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Much in the same way that laws that make a parent responsible for the well-being of their child are nothing more than an attempt to punish the mother and are deeply immoral. smiley stoned.gif

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
                          And what it actually is is an innocent human life.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            And what it actually is is an innocent human life.
                            That is an example of a typical misrepresentation, particularly with regard to the use of the words ‘innocent’, ‘human’ and ‘life’.

Comment

That is an example of a typical misrepresentation, particularly with regard to the use of the words ‘innocent’, ‘human’ and ‘life’.
                              Except, of course, that the born baby is undoubtedly human, innocent, and alive*, everything else you said might be true. Well, except for the misrepresentation and the 'typical' part. And the example. Other than that...

*or there wouldn't be a need to kill him/her.

Comment

The name you give it or the emotional attachment that a person has to it, says nothing about what it actually is.
                                Well, I don't name my fat cells or that wart on my forehead... Because they are not, in and of themselves, human beings in development. (I hope)

This sort of confusion explains some of the very poor decision making around abortion.
                                That sort of confusion is NECESSARY for abortionists to be able to kill a human life.

Comment