Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 429

Thread: Alabama Abortion Ban:

  1. #271
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,790
    Amen (Given)
    263
    Amen (Received)
    1451
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    That, sir, is a dodge worthy of JimL.


    To me that is a tacit acknowledgment that I and MM are right. You have no way to claim that it is OK for a rape victim to abort her baby but not any other woman, if you are basing your argument on your reading of Exodus.

    Dodge?

    Take a clue from Chrawnus and Adrift. Their last two posts are excellent and I will need to think them through. But I will give a response worthy of their effort and lack of acrimony.


    (Adrift/Chrawnus - what you have written will require some time to digest and respond - I won't get to it till later today most likely - work and all ...)




    Jim
    OK - maybe there are 'some' friends

  2. #272
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    48,190
    Amen (Given)
    4789
    Amen (Received)
    21321
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Dodge?

    Take a clue from Chrawnus and Adrift. Their last two posts are excellent and I will need to think them through. But I will give a response worthy of their effort and lack of acrimony.


    (Adrift/Chrawnus - what you have written will require some time to digest and respond - I won't get to it till later today most likely - work and all ...)




    Jim
    MM asked you to support your argument and you said for him to do it himself and you can't be bothered. That is how JimL responds when asked to support his arguments.

  3. #273
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,790
    Amen (Given)
    263
    Amen (Received)
    1451
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    MM asked you to support your argument and you said for him to do it himself and you can't be bothered. That is how JimL responds when asked to support his arguments.
    Err - no. He asked me to give him a summary of Augustine's arguments in a context that quite clearly had little if anything to do with actually wanting to know what they were. I've been down enough of his "I was just pulling your chain to see what you were going to do" rabbit trails to know I wasn't following him down that trail.

    Not only that, I DID in fact give him a quick summary of my own take on these arguments IN THE PART OF MY POST HE CUT OUT OF HIS REPLY.

    Do you have any capacity left to look at my posts objectively Sparko?


    As for MM, Fool me once - shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.




    Jim
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-21-2019 at 11:39 AM.
    OK - maybe there are 'some' friends

  4. #274
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15,987
    Amen (Given)
    5522
    Amen (Received)
    5517
    What Jim is saying is that I've knocked the legs out from under him enough times that he gets a little gun shy when I'm around.

    If he really wanted to engage me, he could have reread my posts and answered the questions that he (I suspect deliberately) missed.
    Last edited by Mountain Man; 05-21-2019 at 01:06 PM.

  5. #275
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,790
    Amen (Given)
    263
    Amen (Received)
    1451
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    What Jim is saying is that I've knocked the legs out from under him enough times that he gets a little gun shy when I'm around.

    If he really wanted to engage me, he could have reread my posts and answered the questions that he (I suspect deliberately) missed.
    You have actually said after purposefully pretending to want to argue some element of a discussion that you were yanking my chain and just wanted to see what I would do.

    Jim
    OK - maybe there are 'some' friends

  6. #276
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15,987
    Amen (Given)
    5522
    Amen (Received)
    5517
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    You have actually said after purposefully pretending to want to argue some element of a discussion that you were yanking my chain and just wanted to see what I would do.

    Jim
    I what? Which post was this? I didn't say anything like that in this thread.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  7. #277
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,790
    Amen (Given)
    263
    Amen (Received)
    1451
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I what? Which post was this? I didn't say anything like that in this thread.
    Did i say it was this thread. Look, I had every intention of answering the post you are going on about - until you started getting all snitty about it. You cant spit on people post after post and expect that no matter what they are somehow obligated to you just because you asked a legitimate question. I have the right if you are acting like a jerk to blow you off. It's a shame too, because it was one of the best replies in this thead and I just needed some time to put together a reasonable answer to it.


    Jim
    OK - maybe there are 'some' friends

  8. #278
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15,987
    Amen (Given)
    5522
    Amen (Received)
    5517
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Did i say it was this thread. Look, I had every intention of answering the post you are going on about - until you started getting all snitty about it. You cant spit on people post after post and expect that no matter what they are somehow obligated to you just because you asked a legitimate question. I have the right if you are acting like a jerk to blow you off. It's a shame too, because it was one of the best replies in this thead and I just needed some time to put together a reasonable answer to it.


    Jim
    Such thin skin you have.

    It's not for my benefit that you might want to consider addressing the points I raised. If you want to leave the impression that you can't then that's on you.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  9. #279
    tWebber Roy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,558
    Amen (Given)
    621
    Amen (Received)
    1437
    Quote Originally Posted by Terraceth View Post
    Why is incest such a commonly suggested exception for abortion anyway? I understand the reasoning for the rape exception, even if I don't necessarily agree with it, but incest as an exception seems almost random.
    One reason is that it greatly increases the possibility of having multiple copies of harmful recessive mutations.
    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

    mikewhitney: What if the speed of light changed when light is passing through water? ... I have 3 semesters of college Physics.

  10. #280
    God, family, chicken! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Central VA
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15,304
    Amen (Given)
    7829
    Amen (Received)
    8065
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy View Post
    One reason is that it greatly increases the possibility of having multiple copies of harmful recessive mutations.
    What if the woman relative is infertile or has a hysterectomy?


    Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

    I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •