Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

A Civil Abortion Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I'm all for saving lives; I just don't think we should complacently accept a situation where the abortion industry dictates to us how many lives we're allowed to save, which is the only thing a "compromise" solution would accomplish.
    No one says that you have to stop the struggle. These were only ideas to do in the mean time.
    "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
    Hear my cry, hear my shout,
    Save me, save me"

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Did it accomplish anything?
      The discussion accomplished what it set out to do, to politely discuss if there were any other ideas we could have to save lives. Like I said, it's up to us now to work at the grassroots level if we want to do more.

And, as noted, many of us are already "in the trenches" at the grassroots level, actually saving lives, not just discussing it.

Let's be precise here. By "many of us" you mean "you." You're the only one who posted the concrete things done to save more lives. There are other pro-life people, including me, who could do more.

fwiw,
      guacamole
      Save me, save me"

Comment

• I kind of doubt that CP is running a pregnancy care centre all by his lonesome.
        1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
        Scripture before Tradition:
        but that won't prevent others from
        taking it upon themselves to deprive you
        of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post
          I kind of doubt that CP is running a pregnancy care centre all by his lonesome.
          In this thread, the only person who indicated that he was actually doing anything immediate to save lives was CP.
          Save me, save me"

Comment

• Originally posted by guacamole View Post
            No one says that you have to stop the struggle. These were only ideas to do in the mean time.
            You mean stuff that we (meaning Christians in general) are already doing?
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              You mean stuff that we (meaning Christians in general) are already doing?
              Or I mean stuff that we probably mean to do but think other people are doing a good enough job of doing and so we never quite get to it. Also, supporting some policy directions that might make saving lives easier.
              Save me, save me"

Comment

• Dp? Idky.
                Save me, save me"

Comment

Let's be precise here. By "many of us" you mean "you." You're the only one who posted the concrete things done to save more lives. There are other pro-life people, including me, who could do more.

fwiw,
                  guacamole
                  I have a hard time believing that when CP wrote "many of us" he was only talking about pro-life people on TWeb.

Comment

• To help put things into perspective, here's what we're up against:

Source: Breitbart

The New York Times has launched a full-court press on behalf of the abortion industry with an op-ed titled: “Pregnancy Kills. Abortion Saves Lives.”

Written by Warren M. Hern, who specializes in performing late-term abortions, the article asserts that every pregnancy poses a “serious health risk” to the mother.

“Pregnancy always comes with some irreducible risk of death,” Dr. Hern warns, whereas “abortion can be lifesaving.”

In his essay, Dr. Hern is reacting to the new Alabama law that significantly limits abortions in that state, suggesting that what legislators are restricting is a lifesaving procedure.

“Alabama’s new law claims that it does not prohibit abortion if there is a ‘reasonable medical judgment’ that the pregnancy poses a ‘serious health risk’ to the woman,” Hern notes. “But pregnancy itself poses a ‘serious health risk’ — including the risk of dying and losing all bodily functions.”

“A woman’s life and health are at risk from the moment that a pregnancy exists in her body, whether she wants to be pregnant or not,” he states.

For a medical professional Hern’s language is [remarkably] imprecise and even misleading. A pregnancy does not “exist” in a woman’s body, a baby does. Pregnancy describes the state of carrying a child in one’s womb.

While Dr. Hern notes that “black women are more likely to die from pregnancy in Alabama than white women,” he fails to mention that black women are also much more likely to abort their children. Nationwide, black babies are three times more likely to be aborted than white babies and organizations like abortion giant Planned Parenthood intentionally target black neighborhoods for their clinics.

What Dr. Hern knows but does not say is that while pregnancies are rarely fatal, abortions always are. As a practitioner of late-term abortions he has seen babies literally ripped apart.

In a late-term abortion, the abortionist will typically pierce the baby’s skull, insert a catheter into the wound, remove the brain with suction, causing the skull to collapse, remove the baby through the birth canal, and scrape any remaining fetal tissue from the womb.

Dr. Hern wishes to describe this practice as life-saving. What is actually is, is an act of barbarism.

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/...n-saves-lives/

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

The discussion accomplished what it set out to do, to politely discuss...
                      With all due respect, Guac, you seem to be on the 'edge' of civility here, and, at times, a bit combative.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                        I kind of doubt that CP is running a pregnancy care centre all by his lonesome.
                        It's a pretty broad network - there are five such clinics in our group, and they depend largely on volunteers. There are very few paid positions among them, so, yeah.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It's a pretty broad network - there are five such clinics in our group, and they depend largely on volunteers. There are very few paid positions among them, so, yeah.
                          Unfortunately, saving the unborn isn't nearly as profitable as killing them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
                            I have a hard time believing that when CP wrote "many of us" he was only talking about pro-life people on TWeb.
                            I have a hard believing when I said "you're the only one who posted" that I meant pro-life people not on Tweb.
                            Save me, save me"

Comment

With all due respect, Guac, you seem to be on the 'edge' of civility here, and, at times, a bit combative.
                              I'm not sure how you get that from my answers. I'm answering the questions directly. I'm presuming that we are big people who don't have to be overly polite to be granted a measure of polite discourse in return. Perhaps you could model for me the way I should answer your questions if you think I am being impolite?
                              Save me, save me"

Comment

I'm not sure how you get that from my answers. I'm answering the questions directly. I'm presuming that we are big people who don't have to be overly polite to be granted a measure of polite discourse in return. Perhaps you could model for me the way I should answer your questions if you think I am being impolite?
                                After I finish politely smirking at your avatar which appears to portray a "yeah, I'm RIGHT!" attitude. (And, yeah, I'm reading too much into that)

As you were, Guac -- I think this thread is just a bunch of "I want to feel good without actually doing anything". I'll bow out again and let you adults continue your civility.

Comment