Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Another funeral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another funeral

The wife of a long time friend, Jim, died a few days ago. Today would have been their 50th wedding anniversary. Her funeral is tomorrow. I am going to go to it.

She suddenly got sick, not sure from what, and ended up on a respirator for about a week and then died. Jim is devastated. Please pray for him and his children (all grown) - Jim is a Christian so he knows he will see her again, but he loved her so much. They met in high school I believe, and got married soon after. Her name was Betty Sue.

Thanks.

ScreenHunter_.jpg
    Last edited by Sparko; 05-17-2019, 02:06 PM.

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

looking at Jim's facebook page it seems she had a simple bladder infection that somehow turned into sepsis and attacked her organs and kidneys. wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          looking at Jim's facebook page it seems she had a simple bladder infection that somehow turned into sepsis and attacked her organs and kidneys. wow.
          Deanna's dad had that happen last year. They caught it in time though.
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Comment

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The funeral went well. He seems to have a lot of family around to comfort him.

Keep praying for Jim though, he was very broken up. He said they knew each other since they were 15 years old.

Comment