Amen (Received)
    The self Refutation of Relativism.

Child of the One True King Raphael's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewhitney View Post
    Oops. I thought this was on the Babylon Bee.
    no, just Auckland.
    TheologyWeb Needs YOU! - Please Help Us Upgrade Tweb! Click here for more info

"If you can ever make any major religion look absolutely ludicrous, chances are you haven't understood it"
    -Ravi Zacharias, The New Age: A foreign bird with a local walk

Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
    1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
    -Ben Witherington III

3. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    “I think I'd like to hold off judgment on a thing like that, sir, until all the facts are in...I don't think it's quite fair to condemn the whole program because of a single slip up, sir.” - Turgidson.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

5. Amen guacamole amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    More people not reading the article? It sounds like one idiot did one dumb thing and now we get to broad brush a whole bunch of people. Nice. It's not like we expect conservatives to be intellectually or morally consistent, right?
    "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
    Hear my cry, hear my shout,
    Save me, save me"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by guacamole View Post
    More people not reading the article? It sounds like one idiot did one dumb thing and now we get to broad brush a whole bunch of people. Nice. It's not like we expect conservatives to be intellectually or morally consistent, right?
    Was the irony deliberate?
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The problem is the number of occasions when, and the variety of circumstances under which just "one idiot did one dumb thing."
    There is also the matter of the environment which makes it seem (to the person concerned) that the person can act like that with impunity.
    1 Cor 15:34 εκνηψατε δικαιως και μη αμαρτανετε αγνωσιαν γαρ θεου τινες εχουσιν προς εντροπην υμιν λεγω

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zymologist View Post
    Was the irony deliberate?

10. Amen Zymologist amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by tabibito View Post
    The problem is the number of occasions when, and the variety of circumstances under which just "one idiot did one dumb thing."
    There is also the matter of the environment which makes it seem (to the person concerned) that the person can act like that with impunity.
    The incident is being investigated by the board. Most boards take child safety and therefore custody extremely seriously. This is likely a fireable offense.

Child of the One True King Raphael's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The incident is being investigated by the board. Most boards take child safety and therefore custody extremely seriously. This is likely a fireable offense.
    Not really. You can't just fire people in NZ. The best the School Board could do is choose not to renew the teacher's contract at the end of the year.

The teacher might get censured by the Education Council, but is hardly likely to lose their registration over this.
    TheologyWeb Needs YOU! - Please Help Us Upgrade Tweb! Click here for more info

"If you can ever make any major religion look absolutely ludicrous, chances are you haven't understood it"
    -Ravi Zacharias, The New Age: A foreign bird with a local walk

Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
    1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
    -Ben Witherington III

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
    Not really. You can't just fire people in NZ. The best the School Board could do is choose not to renew the teacher's contract at the end of the year.

The teacher might get censured by the Education Council, but is hardly likely to lose their registration over this.
    Sounds like the US. As one teacher once told me, the only two ways to lose your job are to do something inappropriate with a kid or do something inappropriate with money.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill