Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Religious Couples Happiest...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Religious Couples Happiest...

Religious Couples Have Happier Marriages

The report, a joint project of the Institute for Family Studies and the Wheatley Institution, uses data from two surveys of respondents in eleven countries: Argentina, Australia, Chile, Canada, Colombia, France, Ireland, Mexico, Peru, the United Kingdom, and the United States. The authors set out to examine the now standard bromide that progressive, secular social values lead to happier marriages.

As study authors W. Bradford Wilcox, Jason S. Carroll, and Laurie DeRose wrote in the New York Times, the recipe for a happy marriage is either being religious or being egalitarian—those stuck in the middle are consistently the worst off.

To reach this result, the study's authors looked at roughly 5,000 couples surveyed in the Global Family and Gender Survey (GFGS). Based on frequency of religious attendance, these couples were classified as either secular, religious, or mixed. What the survey data show is that high religious couples report higher rates of marital and sexual satisfaction than their mixed or secular peers.

https://freebeacon.com/issues/report...ier-marriages/
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

I was gonna post that, but my wife came home from work and I was too happy.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Trump voters are losers:

Those who lose out, in terms of marital happiness, are those who neither share labor within the marriage nor with a larger community. This is the group of Americans whose lives Washington Examiner editor Timothy P. Carney recently covered in his book Alienated America. Carney argues that left-behind Americans—like the millions who put Donald Trump in the White House—suffer from a lack of social capital, brought on by a decline of religious community.
      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
      “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

It took all of two responses before someone started whining about Trump. Someone obviously dropped the ball here.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          It took all of two responses before someone started whining about Trump. Someone obviously dropped the ball here.

I agree that Trump infects everything, even this good news.
          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            I was gonna post that, but my wife came home from work and I was too happy.
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
              Trump voters are losers:
              My dear friend firstfloor - it is usual and customary, when providing a "quote", however deranged it may be, to also supply a source. Food for thought, you know.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

My dear friend firstfloor - it is usual and customary, when providing a "quote", however deranged it may be, to also supply a source. Food for thought, you know.
                it was in the OP article.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  it was in the OP article.
                  Ah, so my dear friend could have included a note such as "from the article in the OP...." I think he enjoys being rather cryptic at times.

It's a tactic I see some use here when they want to claim "That's not what I was arguing!"

Comment

Trump voters are losers:
                    ...but they'd be happier if they invested in religious community.
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                      ...but they'd be happier if they invested in religious community.
                      Yes, we are!

Comment

Ah, so my dear friend could have included a note such as "from the article in the OP...." I think he enjoys being rather cryptic at times.

It's a tactic I see some use here when they want to claim "That's not what I was arguing!"
                        It was one of the rare ‘open goals’ that even firstfloor could not miss.

Comment

I agree that Trump infects everything, even this good news.
                          Only for those in the throes of TDS. For everyone else he isn't all-consuming and we can go for days and even longer not thinking about him unless someone else brings him up.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment