Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

When OK is not Okay anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When OK is not Okay anymore

Has the OK sign become a symbol of white power in the minds of the liberals? Is this a fake impression held by the liberals due to a spoof by the 4chan? Were teens playing upon this spoof in mockery of the liberal school administration? All this will all be answered on the next episode of SOAP [a 70s sitcom].

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/high-...204500230.html
    A high school in a Chicago suburb is spending more than $53,000 to reprint its 2018-2019 yearbook after staff discovered photos inside in which students were flashing the white supremacist “OK” hand sign.

Administrators at Oak Park and River Forest High School released a statement last week notifying parents that they were withholding the yearbooks from distribution after they discovered the photos, according to CBS Chicago.

This week, the Chicago Tribune reported that the high school will pay Jostens $53,794 to reprint the books and that the new versions are expected to be delivered to students by mid-June.

The racist adaptation of the “OK” hand sign began on 4chan ― an anonymous message board frequented by racists, trolls and extremists ― and has since been co-opted by prominent white supremacists who often use it to signal their presence to like-minded extremists. It’s prominent enough that those who use it have been fired from their jobs or faced other consequences ― recently, a Chicago Cubs fan was banned indefinitely
    I copied text from the middle of an article from The Federalist.
    https://thefederalist.com/2018/09/06...-confirmation/

What’s all this, you ask? Doesn’t that look sort of like an “ok” sign? What in the world has that got to do with white power?

Get out of here with those reasonable questions. This is Twitter, where hysterics and politically convenient rumors are the currency du jour.

Of course we should believe people “fluent in 4chan,” who insist the “ok” sign is actually used by white nationalists and the alt-right as a legitimate white power symbol. Because nothing screams credibility like being intimately familiar with what is effectively the anonymous sweaty groin of the internet, where critical thinking suffocates and myths grow like fungus.

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
    Has the OK sign become a symbol of white power in the minds of the liberals? Is this a fake impression held by the liberals due to a spoof by the 4chan? Were teens playing upon this spoof in mockery of the liberal school administration? All this will all be answered on the next episode of SOAP [a 70s sitcom].

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/high-...204500230.html

I copied text from the middle of an article from The Federalist.
    https://thefederalist.com/2018/09/06...-confirmation/
    It started out as a joke to troll liberals on 4chan but then some white supremacists started legitimately adopting it as a symbol, first ironically then less ironically over time.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I'm going to start using it as often as possible.
      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
        It started out as a joke to troll liberals on 4chan but then some white supremacists started legitimately adopting it as a symbol, first ironically then less ironically over time.
        Which white supremacists did this?

Comment

This one in particular.
          ObamaOK.jpg
          1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
          Scripture before Tradition:
          but that won't prevent others from
          taking it upon themselves to deprive you
          of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
            I'm going to start using it as often as possible.
            OK
            ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
              This one in particular.
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]37216[/ATTACH]
              A few others

00000000000000ab000-00aab.jpg 00000000000000ab000-00aab1.jpg 00000000000000ab000-00aab2.jpg 00000000000000ab000-00aab2a.jpg 00000000000000ab000-00aab3.jpg 00000000000000ab000-00aab4.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

And not forgetting the biggest of them all:
                Black hole.jpg
                1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                Scripture before Tradition:
                but that won't prevent others from
                taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

That also happens to be the handshape for the number 9 or the letter F (depending on context) in American Sign Language. I had no idea that the Deaf community was so racist.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Random nobodies.
                    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      A few others

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37218[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]37219[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]37220[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]37221[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]37222[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]37223[/ATTACH]
                      I knew it - secret Klansmen...
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Somebody got banned from a Cubs game a couple weeks ago for going up to a black sideline reporter and doing it in front of the camera. During the ensuing coverage, some people mentioned that the issue was that he did it upside down. So apparently maybe it's supposed to be done upside down? I don't know. I try to avoid the weird areas of the Internet. TWeb is weird enough, you know.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                          Somebody got banned from a Cubs game a couple weeks ago for going up to a black sideline reporter and doing it in front of the camera. During the ensuing coverage, some people mentioned that the issue was that he did it upside down. So apparently maybe it's supposed to be done upside down? I don't know. I try to avoid the weird areas of the Internet. TWeb is weird enough, you know.
                          Which makes no sense since supposedly when it is done normally it symbolizes the initials for White Power

00000000000000000000000wp.jpg

Here are a few more racists flashing this sign (some you'll note from previous pictures are unrepentant repeat offenders):

00000000000000ab000-00aac3c.jpg 00000000000000ab000-00aac3b.jpg 00000000000000ab000-00aac3b.jpg 00000000000000ab000-00aac3.jpg 00000000000000ab000-00aac3a.jpg 00000000000000ab000-00aab3.jpg 00000000000000ab000-00aac1.jpg 00000000000000ab000-00aac2.jpg 00000000000000ab000-00aac4.jpg 00000000000000ab000-00aac5.jpg

The last two are Bill De Blasio (NYC Mayor and running for president) and the ever nutty freshman Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

The left is still pushing this in spite of the Anti-Defamation League outing it as a hoax. This is as silly as when a few on the right declaring that the "fist bump" was a terrorist greeting.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Posting millions of old pictures of liberal politicians displaying the "OK" symbol does nothing to refute the narrative if this symbol only took on new life within the last year or so. I'm not sure what those posts are attempting to prove.

Comment

I think we should start the rumor that the thumbs-up symbol represents racism. Then we can claim that Facebook is racist because of their "like" symbol that is on every post.

Comment