Announcement

Collapse

Eschatology 201 Guidelines

This area of the forum is primarily for Christian theists to discuss orthodox views of Eschatology. Other theist participation is welcome within that framework, but only within orthodoxy. Posts from nontheists that do not promote atheism or seek to undermine the faith of others will be permitted at the Moderator's discretion - such posters should contact the area moderators before posting.

Without turning this forum into a 'hill of foreskins' (Joshua 5:3), I believe we can still have fun with this 'sensitive' topic.

However, don't be misled, dispensationalism has only partly to do with circumcision issues. So, let's not forget about Innocence, Conscience, Promises, Kingdoms and so on.

End time -isms within orthodox Christianity also discussed here. Clearly unorthodox doctrines, such as those advocating "pantelism/full preterism/Neo-Hymenaeanism" or the denial of any essential of the historic Christian faith are not permitted in this section but can be discussed in Comparative Religions 101 without restriction. Any such threads, as well as any that within the moderator's discretions fall outside mainstream evangelical belief, will be moved to the appropriate area.

Millennialism- post-, pre- a-

Futurism, Historicism, Idealism, and Preterism, or just your garden variety Zionism.

From the tribulation to the anichrist. Whether your tastes run from Gary DeMar to Tim LaHaye or anywhere in between, your input is welcome here.

OK folks, let's roll!

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Generation Y and Z Confirms Futurism is true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Generation Y and Z Confirms Futurism is true

Imagine what it will be like just in the next decade or two when the baby boom Generation dies off. Gen X retires. Then Gen Y and Z take over.

They take over the House of Representatives. They take over the executive seat. They take over the supreme court. They take over city councils. They take over churches. They take over universities (though that's pretty much complete). Just imagine.

Even if you don't believe biblical futurism is true, what do you think the world will be like when that happens? I believe that Christianity will pretty much be extinguished, maybe not worldwide, but definitely in the western world. But even if we assume Christianity is still around -- and that's a HUGE assumption -- it won't be anything like the Christianity of the bible or the last remnants of Christianity we know today.

Considering the majority of Christians worldwide are not in the first world, this has the air of "we're the only ones that matter".
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

A Christian predicting the demise of Christianity - that's a new twist.

"Young whippersnappers these days - they're gonna ruin everything when they get in charge," said pretty much every dying off generation, ever.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Historically two things will happen:

1. Liberalism/Conservativism seem to swing back and forth in US Society - like a pendulum. It is said that the latest gen Z is swinging back to the conservative side ( https://www.forbes.com/sites/ashleys.../#25fe44557878 )
        2. The more Christianity is persecuted, the better it flourishes.

And like KG said, the US is not all of Christianity. Even if Western society (Europe, USA, Canada, etc) go completely liberal or extinguish Christianity, there is still Africa, China, the Middle East, South America, etc. It will not be wiped out.

I think the biggest fear for me is like you said, it will be changed into some liberal ghost of itself and become like one of the seven churches in Revelation that Christ will spit out of his mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          Historically two things will happen:

1. Liberalism/Conservativism seem to swing back and forth in US Society - like a pendulum. It is said that the latest gen Z is swinging back to the conservative side ( https://www.forbes.com/sites/ashleys.../#25fe44557878 )
          2. The more Christianity is persecuted, the better it flourishes.

And like KG said, the US is not all of Christianity. Even if Western society (Europe, USA, Canada, etc) go completely liberal or extinguish Christianity, there is still Africa, China, the Middle East, South America, etc. It will not be wiped out.

I think the biggest fear for me is like you said, it will be changed into some liberal ghost of itself and become like one of the seven churches in Revelation that Christ will spit out of his mouth.
          Option 3. Christ returns!

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
            Option 3. Christ returns!
            Amen!

Comment

"I tell you that He will bring about justice for them quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will He find faith on the earth?"
              (Luke 18:8, NASB)
              When I Survey....

Comment

The idea that Christianity on earth would be extinguished is refuted by Matthew 16:18, when Jesus said "On this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."
                Last edited by KingsGambit; 05-29-2019, 09:12 AM.
                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

In some parts of the world, Christianity is growing.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by one bad pig View Post
                    a christian predicting the demise of christianity - that's a new twist.

"young whippersnappers these days - they're gonna ruin everything when they get in charge," said pretty much every dying off generation, ever.
                    Git Offa My Lawn!!1!!!

Kids today

Have no respect. None at all. Them and their loud hippity hoppity music keeping a body awake all hours.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

There will always be a remnant.

They might be underground, but they will be.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Since we are already at Generation Z, what's next? punctuation marks? Generation @

Comment

We'll have to start with double letters.......AA, AB, AC, etc.

Like license plates.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                            We'll have to start with double letters.......AA, AB, AC, etc.

Like license plates.
                            I was gonna say that. Eventually, maybe we'll get to AOK!
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              I was gonna say that. Eventually, maybe we'll get to AOK!
                              Pfft. Like that will ever happen.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X