Thread: Generation Y and Z Confirms Futurism is true

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    "Saints" is in this context:

Then is proceeded by the fact that the Beast and his associates kills everyone not accepting the mark he's forcing on the whole populace. I'm not sure how from the entire context you get just two or less saints. In fact, I've never heard that interpretation before.
    Your reference was so vague that I thought you were referring to Revelation 11:7 which is about the two witnesses.

Now that I know you're referring to Revelation 13:9-10, I can give a more proper response. Where does it say that all saints were killed? It just says that they were going to be subjugated, no statement that every single one died. I suppose someone could try to claim Revelation 13:8's statement that "all inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast" indicates that no one would be left who doesn't, but that seems to be contradindicated by the fact immediately afterwards it qualifies the statement with "all whose names have not been written in the Lamb’s book of life" and subsequent passages also indicate there would still be believers (Revelation 14:12, Revelation 18:4).

As far as Jesus being "rhetorical," you need to explain what you mean. The context was once again about persecution and the fact he would return and avenge their persecution. I don't see why it was necessary to ask that question there if it was rhetorical, unless he was perhaps using hyperbole (not rhetoric) to actually describe how awful things would be for the church during the time he would return.
    I said the question was rhetorical/hypothetical, as in not making an actual statement that there would be no one left. In any case, it's exactly what you said, that it was hyperbole.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terraceth View Post
    Your reference was so vague that I thought you were referring to Revelation 11:7 which is about the two witnesses.

Now that I know you're referring to Revelation 13:9-10, I can give a more proper response. Where does it say that all saints were killed? It just says that they were going to be subjugated, no statement that every single one died. I suppose someone could try to claim Revelation 13:8's statement that "all inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast" indicates that no one would be left who doesn't, but that seems to be contradindicated by the fact immediately afterwards it qualifies the statement with "all whose names have not been written in the Lamb’s book of life" and subsequent passages also indicate there would still be believers (Revelation 14:12, Revelation 18:4).

I said the question was rhetorical/hypothetical, as in not making an actual statement that there would be no one left. In any case, it's exactly what you said, that it was hyperbole.
    I didn't say all Christians would be killed. I didn't even say that in the OP. I thought it was possible that Christianity as we know it now, would be wiped out due to a combination of persecution and falling away. That's been my argument since the beginning.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I'm going to have to retract part of my earlier post. I had been conflating two Popes - John XII (who was reported to have toasted the devil and pagan gods while gambling), and Julius III (reported to have had an underage male lover). The report of Julius III seems likely, but the main source for the specific John XII came from an anti-Catholic interlocutor. In the absence of hard evidence, I'm going to have to retract that claim. It's still undisputed that John XII was immoral - even the Catholic Encyclopedia describes "a coarse, immoral man, whose life was such that the Lateran was spoken of as a brothel", but I cannot defend the specific claim I made about Satanism.
    For what was given to everyone for the use of all, you have taken for your exclusive use. The earth belongs not to the rich, but to everyone. - Ambrose, 4th century AD

All cruelty springs from weakness. - Seneca the Younger

4. Amen One Bad Pig amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    I'm going to have to retract part of my earlier post. I had been conflating two Popes - John XII (who was reported to have toasted the devil and pagan gods while gambling), and Julius III (reported to have had an underage male lover). The report of Julius III seems likely, but the main source for the specific John XII came from an anti-Catholic interlocutor. In the absence of hard evidence, I'm going to have to retract that claim. It's still undisputed that John XII was immoral - even the Catholic Encyclopedia describes "a coarse, immoral man, whose life was such that the Lateran was spoken of as a brothel", but I cannot defend the specific claim I made about Satanism.
    It's the rampant pedophilia and systemic cover-up that does it for me. And it wasn't just pedophilia, which is bad enough, but the creepy religious symbolism behind many of the instances. To me that clearly reeks of the demonic.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Just one example to reflect the OP:

I just graduated from St. Olaf College after receiving an education I didn’t expect. That’s because as a conservative at my small, Minnesota-based liberal arts institution, I’ve spent the last four years defending myself against personal and political attacks from professors and peers alike.

The most recent example came in late April as the St. Olaf College Republicans hosted scholar Heather Mac Donald for a talk on her new book, “The Diversity Delusion: How Race and Gender Pandering Corrupt the University and Undermine Our Culture.”

As chair of the group, I fielded many angry emails, including this from a theater professor: “This speaker is dangerous. It’s not about a difference in idealogical [sic] perspectives. This rhetoric is dangerous and puts my Black body in danger. This is antithetical to the St. Olaf mission statement. I’m not okay with this… and you all shouldn’t be either.” Several more professors emailed similar sentiments.

source
    I argue that this will intensify exponentially in 10-20 years, but this stuff is happening now. There's no logical reason to think this will just pass as a cultural fad. And, apparently from the article, this is the result of a political perspective. Imagine what would happen to a Christian arguing against aberrant behavior like homosexuality, and that we need repentance for such sins, that Christ is returning to conquer sinners. This person would have gotten physically attacked, I'm sure.
    Last edited by seanD; 07-06-2019 at 09:35 AM.