Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Generation Y and Z Confirms Futurism is true

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Generation Y and Z Confirms Futurism is true

Imagine what it will be like just in the next decade or two when the baby boom Generation dies off. Gen X retires. Then Gen Y and Z take over.

They take over the House of Representatives. They take over the executive seat. They take over the supreme court. They take over city councils. They take over churches. They take over universities (though that's pretty much complete). Just imagine.

Even if you don't believe biblical futurism is true, what do you think the world will be like when that happens? I believe that Christianity will pretty much be extinguished, maybe not worldwide, but definitely in the western world. But even if we assume Christianity is still around -- and that's a HUGE assumption -- it won't be anything like the Christianity of the bible or the last remnants of Christianity we know today.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

2. Amen Darfius amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Considering the majority of Christians worldwide are not in the first world, this has the air of "we're the only ones that matter".
    For what was given to everyone for the use of all, you have taken for your exclusive use. The earth belongs not to the rich, but to everyone. - Ambrose, 4th century AD

All cruelty springs from weakness. - Seneca the Younger

4. Amen Pentecost amen'd this post.
    Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    A Christian predicting the demise of Christianity - that's a new twist.

"Young whippersnappers these days - they're gonna ruin everything when they get in charge," said pretty much every dying off generation, ever.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

6. Amen Chaotic Void amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Historically two things will happen:

1. Liberalism/Conservativism seem to swing back and forth in US Society - like a pendulum. It is said that the latest gen Z is swinging back to the conservative side ( https://www.forbes.com/sites/ashleys.../#25fe44557878 )
    2. The more Christianity is persecuted, the better it flourishes.

And like KG said, the US is not all of Christianity. Even if Western society (Europe, USA, Canada, etc) go completely liberal or extinguish Christianity, there is still Africa, China, the Middle East, South America, etc. It will not be wiped out.

I think the biggest fear for me is like you said, it will be changed into some liberal ghost of itself and become like one of the seven churches in Revelation that Christ will spit out of his mouth.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Historically two things will happen:

1. Liberalism/Conservativism seem to swing back and forth in US Society - like a pendulum. It is said that the latest gen Z is swinging back to the conservative side ( https://www.forbes.com/sites/ashleys.../#25fe44557878 )
    2. The more Christianity is persecuted, the better it flourishes.

And like KG said, the US is not all of Christianity. Even if Western society (Europe, USA, Canada, etc) go completely liberal or extinguish Christianity, there is still Africa, China, the Middle East, South America, etc. It will not be wiped out.

I think the biggest fear for me is like you said, it will be changed into some liberal ghost of itself and become like one of the seven churches in Revelation that Christ will spit out of his mouth.
    Option 3. Christ returns!

9. Amen Thoughtful Monk amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrift View Post
    Option 3. Christ returns!
    Amen!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    "I tell you that He will bring about justice for them quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will He find faith on the earth?"
    (Luke 18:8, NASB)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The idea that Christianity on earth would be extinguished is refuted by Matthew 16:18, when Jesus said "On this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."
    Last edited by KingsGambit; 05-29-2019 at 07:12 AM.
    For what was given to everyone for the use of all, you have taken for your exclusive use. The earth belongs not to the rich, but to everyone. - Ambrose, 4th century AD

All cruelty springs from weakness. - Seneca the Younger

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    In some parts of the world, Christianity is growing.
    --- this space intentionally left blank ---

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by one bad pig View Post
    a christian predicting the demise of christianity - that's a new twist.

"young whippersnappers these days - they're gonna ruin everything when they get in charge," said pretty much every dying off generation, ever.
    Git Offa My Lawn!!1!!!

Kids today

Have no respect. None at all. Them and their loud hippity hoppity music keeping a body awake all hours.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)