Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Space Demons!

We already knew that the Nazis have a base on the moon

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    We already knew that the Nazis have a base on the moon

Don't go giving Darfius more ideas. He already has space demons and the antichrist changing the past.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    People who treat secondary doctrines like primary doctrines are generally wrong. What's that quote about unity in the primary doctrines and diversity in the secondary doctrines? If holders of a certain view are arrogant about it, that drives me to other views that are more humble and do research on the historical context and don't assume the Bible was written yesterday in English in a innocence-guilt culture. I understood that the Bible was written a long time ago and in a different culture even as a child. Even basic reading comprehension can help prevent misinterpretation of Scripture. And the Psalmist is making fun of the bad guys. They are as effectual as the guys that just exist to get clobbered by the hero in the beginning of a story.
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    People who treat secondary doctrines like primary doctrines are generally wrong. What's that quote about unity in the primary doctrines and diversity in the secondary doctrines?
    In Essentials Unity, In Non-Essentials Liberty, In All Things Charity

Or my favorite version -- The main thing is that we make the main thing the main thing.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

5. Amen Littlejoe, Christianbookworm amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    People who treat secondary doctrines like primary doctrines are generally wrong. What's that quote about unity in the primary doctrines and diversity in the secondary doctrines? If holders of a certain view are arrogant about it, that drives me to other views that are more humble and do research on the historical context and don't assume the Bible was written yesterday in English in a innocence-guilt culture. I understood that the Bible was written a long time ago and in a different culture even as a child. Even basic reading comprehension can help prevent misinterpretation of Scripture. And the Psalmist is making fun of the bad guys. They are as effectual as the guys that just exist to get clobbered by the hero in the beginning of a story.
    I've read my Holding, too. But it's one thing to grasp the concept of socio-historical context and another thing to disregard the transcendent being who authored the Bible to be intelligible to all people at all times and certain parts to be more intelligible to certain people at certain times. "Seal up the scroll until the time of the end." It's not a coincidence that God chose the word "conspiracy." In fact, if you truly believed in God, you'd know there is no such thing as coincidences.

Mark well what I tell you. The disagreement I have with so many here is not about "secondary issues." It is the overarching problem of choosing one's beliefs based on what one is comfortable with rather than what is true. That is the primary divide among all of creation. Satan was not comfortable not being the center of attention and started all of this. His children are liars, too, whether consciously, subconsciously or unconsciously, ranging from rationalizing to outright deception. We have no record of "men's hearts failing them for fear" when the Romans laid siege to Jerusalem. Such a siege would not mark a unique time in history, either, "more terrible than any time before or since." Many cities have been sieged. Jesus was not some ignorant backwoods rabbi using hyperbole to make a point. He was God in the flesh using the exact right words to convey what He meant.

Anyone who says "the main thing" that makes them or anyone a Christian is words spewing out of their mouths, rather than "truth in the inward parts" and a faith in Christ which consumes and transforms them into truth seeking, truth doing and truth loving kings and queens is a charlatan, a fool and a threat.

Scripture Verse: John 8

31 To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. 32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

© Copyright Original Source

But maybe He was "just talking to the Jews."

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darfius View Post
    I've read my Holding, too. But it's one thing to read Holding and another thing entirely to understand what he's saying.
    Fixed that for you, no charge.
    It is the overarching problem of choosing one's beliefs based on what one is comfortable with rather than what is true.
    If that were your dispute, you wouldn't find many here disagreeing with you.
    Satan was not comfortable not being the center of attention and started all of this.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I've read my Holding, too. But it's one thing to grasp the concept of socio-historical context and another thing to disregard the transcendent being who authored the Bible to be intelligible to all people at all times and certain parts to be more intelligible to certain people at certain times. "Seal up the scroll until the time of the end." It's not a coincidence that God chose the word "conspiracy." In fact, if you truly believed in God, you'd know there is no such thing as coincidences.

Mark well what I tell you. The disagreement I have with so many here is not about "secondary issues." It is the overarching problem of choosing one's beliefs based on what one is comfortable with rather than what is true. That is the primary divide among all of creation. Satan was not comfortable not being the center of attention and started all of this. His children are liars, too, whether consciously, subconsciously or unconsciously, ranging from rationalizing to outright deception. We have no record of "men's hearts failing them for fear" when the Romans laid siege to Jerusalem. Such a siege would not mark a unique time in history, either, "more terrible than any time before or since." Many cities have been sieged. Jesus was not some ignorant backwoods rabbi using hyperbole to make a point. He was God in the flesh using the exact right words to convey what He meant.

Anyone who says "the main thing" that makes them or anyone a Christian is words spewing out of their mouths, rather than "truth in the inward parts" and a faith in Christ which consumes and transforms them into truth seeking, truth doing and truth loving kings and queens is a charlatan, a fool and a threat.

Scripture Verse: John 8

31 To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. 32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

But maybe He was "just talking to the Jews."
    Peter wrote about you Darfius:

2 Peter 3:15 Bear in mind that our Lord’s patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. 16 He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Fixed that for you, no charge.
    If I misrepresented something you said, I'd be given a warning. Being the hypocrite you are, I'm expected to believe that you love the truth? Nah, playa.

If that were your dispute, you wouldn't find many here disagreeing with you.
    Everyone loves the truth until it costs them something.

Scripture Verse: Ezekiel 28

12 ‘You were the seal of perfection,
    full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.
    You were anointed as a guardian cherub,
    for so I ordained you.
    Your heart became proud
    on account of your beauty,
    and you corrupted your wisdom
    because of your splendor.

Here again, actually knowing the Bible would have saved the day for you.

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    If I misrepresented something you said, I'd be given a warning. Being the hypocrite you are, I'm expected to believe that you love the truth? Nah, playa.
    I find it quite accurately represented your lack of understanding.
    Everyone loves the truth until it costs them something.
    Two lefts don't make a right... but three do.
    Scripture Verse: Ezekiel 28

12 ‘You were the seal of perfection,
    full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.
    You were anointed as a guardian cherub,
    for so I ordained you.
    Your heart became proud
    on account of your beauty,
    and you corrupted your wisdom
    because of your splendor.

Here again, actually knowing the Bible would have saved the day for you.
    How does one manage to get "not comfortable being the center of attention" from "Your heart became proud"?

Asking for a friend.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    I find it quite accurately represented your lack of understanding.

Two lefts don't make a right... but three do.

How does one manage to get "not comfortable being the center of attention" from "Your heart became proud"?

Asking for a friend.
    How would one's own beauty make one proud unless one expected to be the center of attention for it? Answering for a moron.