Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Generation Y and Z Confirms Futurism is true

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darfius View Post
    How would one's own beauty make one proud unless one expected to be the center of attention for it? Answering for a moron.
    That doesn't answer my question. Would you like to try again?
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    And the main thing is Jesus! Specifically who He is and what He did. And that He didn't stay dead! Besides everyone knows the type of people that evildoers are...

And that God is bigger than any mean evil entity!

If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Pretty fitting, since most people's understanding on this forum is cartoonish.

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    We're only trying to communicate at your level.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

5. Amen Christianbookworm, Littlejoe amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I needed to find something that befitted your comprehension abilities.

Have some hymns!

Any more hymns dealing with the sovereignty of God or that He is our Protector? In an eternal sense anyway. He isn't going to miraculously save you from every bad guy you encounter, so we should still be aware of our surroundings. But I don't need to fear any stinkin' fallen angels! Because I am an adopted child of God! That's much better than being a superhero sidekick or something. Yes, I'm saying being a Christian is cooler than all of the wish fulfillment in all the comics, books, movies, tv shows, and any other stories you can imagine. Even if scary and sad stuff happens, it is only temporary. One day, we shall leave the school of hard knocks and live happily ever after in a glorious new creation! I don't claim to know what will happen in between, but I will let God "worry" about that!
    Last edited by Christianbookworm; 06-25-2019 at 01:56 PM.

7. Amen Littlejoe, Chrawnus amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    I needed to find something that befitted your comprehension abilities.

Have some hymns!

Any more hymns dealing with the sovereignty of God or that He is our Protector? In an eternal sense anyway. He isn't going to miraculously save you from every bad guy you encounter, so we should still be aware of our surroundings. But I don't need to fear any stinkin' fallen angels! Because I am an adopted child of God! That's much better than being a superhero sidekick or something. Yes, I'm saying being a Christian is cooler than all of the wish fulfillment in all the comics, books, movies, tv shows, and any other stories you can imagine. Even if scary and sad stuff happens, it is only temporary. One day, we shall leave the school of hard knocks and live happily ever after in a glorious new creation! I don't claim to know what will happen in between, but I will let God "worry" about that!
    "Any more psalms dealing with the sovereignty of God or that He is our Protector? In a physical sense anyway. He isn't going to miraculously save you from every Roman you encounter, so we should still be aware of our surroundings. But I don't need to fear Satan! Because I am a child of Abraham! That's much better than being a righteous Gentile or something. Yes, I'm saying being a Jew is cooler than all of the righteous acts of any Gentile you can imagine. Even if scary and sad stuff happens, it is only temporary. One day, we shall regain sovereignty over our land and live happily ever after in a restored Israel! I don't claim to know what will happen in between, but I will let God "worry" about that!" --A Jew circa 25 A.D.

The point, since it is not in cartoon form and may therefore be lost on you, is that you and others like you sound like modern day Pharisees. You think outward forms of lip service to God and your "inheritance" as a Christian (rather than as a Jew) vouchsafe your future, regardless of your behavior or actual, living faith in Christ, rather than in "His work", for I tell you truly, Christ could raise up people to praise His "finished work" from the very stones, but the worshippers He and His Father seek are those who worship Them in Spirit and in truth.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    "Any more psalms dealing with the sovereignty of God or that He is our Protector? In a physical sense anyway. He isn't going to miraculously save you from every Roman you encounter, so we should still be aware of our surroundings. But I don't need to fear Satan! Because I am a child of Abraham! That's much better than being a righteous Gentile or something. Yes, I'm saying being a Jew is cooler than all of the righteous acts of any Gentile you can imagine. Even if scary and sad stuff happens, it is only temporary. One day, we shall regain sovereignty over our land and live happily ever after in a restored Israel! I don't claim to know what will happen in between, but I will let God "worry" about that!" --A Jew circa 25 A.D.

The point, since it is not in cartoon form and may therefore be lost on you, is that you and others like you sound like modern day Pharisees. You think outward forms of lip service to God and your "inheritance" as a Christian (rather than as a Jew) vouchsafe your future, regardless of your behavior or actual, living faith in Christ, rather than in "His work", for I tell you truly, Christ could raise up people to praise His "finished work" from the very stones, but the worshippers He and His Father seek are those who worship Them in Spirit and in truth.
    Dude, are you comparing yourself to Jesus??? Because your "I am the only True Christiantm on tweb" routine is getting old. And annoying. It just makes you look like an arrogant fool. Do you think there is a new covenant on the horizon? Because the old covenant was to prepare the way for Jesus.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Dude, are you comparing yourself to Jesus??? Because your "I am the only True Christiantm on tweb" routine is getting old. And annoying. It just makes you look like an arrogant fool.
    I am not and never could be Jesus. No one could. But I do think He told us to be like Him. I just take that command more seriously than most, since I love Him in deed and not just with words. I try to get you to see how much He hated hypocrisy and how hateful hypocrisy is not because I am arrogant, but because I love you.

Do you think there is a new covenant on the horizon?
    Yes

Because the old covenant was to prepare the way for Jesus.
    And the "new" covenant was to prepare the way for His return.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    And pray tell what this new covenant is? Newsflash, every Christianity flavored cult has claim to be bearing new revelation. Why does there need to be more than trusting in the death and resurrection of Jesus for salvation?

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    And pray tell what this new covenant is? Newsflash, every Christianity flavored cult has claim to be bearing new revelation. Why does there need to be more than trusting in the death and resurrection of Jesus for salvation?
    Where does the Bible say "trust in the death and resurrection of Jesus for salvation?" You and many other so-called Christians confuse the theology you were taught with the truths of the Bible. And you wouldn't be the first to replace God's commands with the traditions of men. The new covenant will be the same as all the other covenants: a reminder to men to love God with all of their bodies, souls, minds and hearts. Every generation must hear it anew in a language they can understand, since truths become truisms, cold and with a layer of tradition congealed on its surface.