Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 169

Thread: Generation Y and Z Confirms Futurism is true

  1. #81
    tWebber Christianbookworm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Northern Hemisphere
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    9,457
    Amen (Given)
    5611
    Amen (Received)
    1809
    Conspiracy is also a legal term for bad guys plotting a crime. If a group plans to rob a bank, that would be a bank robbery conspiracy. No need to claim evil when incompetence works. The 9/11 attacks could have been prevented if there had been a locked metal door to keep hijackers out of the cockpit. The problem with acting like chicken little and crying that the sky is falling every time you get beaned in the head with an acorn is that no one will believe you. Or everyone gets eaten by a fox.
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

  2. #82
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,813
    Amen (Given)
    226
    Amen (Received)
    701
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    He has almost convinced me to become a preterist with his conspiracy argument.
    Reminds me of how the one and only time a political commercial ever affected was my vote was that it convinced me to vote for the other person.

    Basically, it was an attack ad on one of the candidates in an election I had previously not cared that much about. Now, I'm aware these ads frequently will exaggerate things or take things out of context in order to attack the opposing candidate, so I usually don't put much credence into them. But what I was struck by in this commercial was that even if everything it just said was true, none of it seemed particularly important (at least to me). So I figured "well, if that's the best you can come up against this guy, I guess he's worth voting for" and voted for the candidate the ad was attacking (for the record, that candidate won). If not for that ad, I would've abstained from the election entirely.

  3. Amen Rushing Jaws amen'd this post.
  4. #83
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    49,940
    Amen (Given)
    4999
    Amen (Received)
    22173
    What about the moon landing, Darfius? Was that faked too?

  5. #84
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    690
    Amen (Given)
    62
    Amen (Received)
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    What about the moon landing, Darfius? Was that faked too?
    No idea. Doubt it, though. The Bible indicates that the enemy has "bases" on other planets that "even there" they will not be able to escape from God's wrath.

    Scripture Verse: Obadiah 1

    3 The pride of your heart has deceived you—O dwellers in the clefts of the rocks whose habitation is the heights, who say in your heart, ‘Who can bring me down to the ground?’ 4 Though you soar like the eagle and make your nest among the stars, even from there I will bring you down,” declares the LORD. 5 “If thieves came to you, if robbers by night—oh, how you will be ruined—would they not steal only what they wanted?

    © Copyright Original Source


  6. #85
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    49,940
    Amen (Given)
    4999
    Amen (Received)
    22173
    Quote Originally Posted by Darfius View Post
    No idea. Doubt it, though. The Bible indicates that the enemy has "bases" on other planets that "even there" they will not be able to escape from God's wrath.

    Scripture Verse: Obadiah 1

    3 The pride of your heart has deceived you—O dwellers in the clefts of the rocks whose habitation is the heights, who say in your heart, ‘Who can bring me down to the ground?’ 4 Though you soar like the eagle and make your nest among the stars, even from there I will bring you down,” declares the LORD. 5 “If thieves came to you, if robbers by night—oh, how you will be ruined—would they not steal only what they wanted?

    © Copyright Original Source

    Space Demons!


  7. #86
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    690
    Amen (Given)
    62
    Amen (Received)
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Space Demons!

    Get your laughs in while you still can. Very soon, men's hearts will be failing them for fear of what is coming upon the earth. God stopped Babel because "otherwise nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them." He will not stop them this time, to show all of creation the wickedness that is possible when He is disregarded and:

    Scripture Verse: Psalm 64

    1
    Hear me, my God, as I voice my complaint;
    protect my life from the threat of the enemy.
    2
    Hide me from the conspiracy of the wicked,
    from the plots of evildoers.
    3
    They sharpen their tongues like swords
    and aim cruel words like deadly arrows.
    4
    They shoot from ambush at the innocent;
    they shoot suddenly, without fear.
    5
    They encourage each other in evil plans,
    they talk about hiding their snares;
    they say, “Who will see it?”
    6
    They plot injustice and say,
    “We have devised a perfect plan!”
    Surely the human mind and heart are cunning
    .
    7
    But God will shoot them with his arrows;
    they will suddenly be struck down.
    8
    He will turn their own tongues against them
    and bring them to ruin;
    all who see them will shake their heads in scorn.
    9
    All people will fear;
    they will proclaim the works of God
    and ponder what he has done.
    10
    The righteous will rejoice in the Lord
    and take refuge in him;
    all the upright in heart will glory in him!

    © Copyright Original Source


  8. #87
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    49,940
    Amen (Given)
    4999
    Amen (Received)
    22173
    Quote Originally Posted by Darfius View Post
    Get your laughs in while you still can. Very soon, men's hearts will be failing them for fear of what is coming upon the earth. God stopped Babel because "otherwise nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them." He will not stop them this time, to show all of creation the wickedness that is possible when He is disregarded and:

    Scripture Verse: Psalm 64

    1
    Hear me, my God, as I voice my complaint;
    protect my life from the threat of the enemy.
    2
    Hide me from the conspiracy of the wicked,
    from the plots of evildoers.
    3
    They sharpen their tongues like swords
    and aim cruel words like deadly arrows.
    4
    They shoot from ambush at the innocent;
    they shoot suddenly, without fear.
    5
    They encourage each other in evil plans,
    they talk about hiding their snares;
    they say, “Who will see it?”
    6
    They plot injustice and say,
    “We have devised a perfect plan!”
    Surely the human mind and heart are cunning
    .
    7
    But God will shoot them with his arrows;
    they will suddenly be struck down.
    8
    He will turn their own tongues against them
    and bring them to ruin;
    all who see them will shake their heads in scorn.
    9
    All people will fear;
    they will proclaim the works of God
    and ponder what he has done.
    10
    The righteous will rejoice in the Lord
    and take refuge in him;
    all the upright in heart will glory in him!

    © Copyright Original Source

    Are you on medication? If so, I think you missed your dose.

  9. #88
    Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Inside the beltway
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    21,191
    Amen (Given)
    6261
    Amen (Received)
    11937
    Quote Originally Posted by Terraceth View Post
    Reminds me of how the one and only time a political commercial ever affected was my vote was that it convinced me to vote for the other person.

    Basically, it was an attack ad on one of the candidates in an election I had previously not cared that much about. Now, I'm aware these ads frequently will exaggerate things or take things out of context in order to attack the opposing candidate, so I usually don't put much credence into them. But what I was struck by in this commercial was that even if everything it just said was true, none of it seemed particularly important (at least to me). So I figured "well, if that's the best you can come up against this guy, I guess he's worth voting for" and voted for the candidate the ad was attacking (for the record, that candidate won). If not for that ad, I would've abstained from the election entirely.
    That's more or less why I abandoned the pre-trib rapture idea I was taught growing up; I read a book attacking other views.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

  10. Amen Rushing Jaws amen'd this post.
  11. #89
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    690
    Amen (Given)
    62
    Amen (Received)
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Are you on medication? If so, I think you missed your dose.
    I know you think it's crazy to read, understand and actually reference the Bible, Sparkplug, but honest, it's just Christian.

  12. #90
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    49,940
    Amen (Given)
    4999
    Amen (Received)
    22173
    Quote Originally Posted by Darfius View Post
    I know you think it's crazy to read, understand and actually reference the Bible, Sparkplug, but honest, it's just Christian.
    I have no problem with the bible, just how you misuse it.

  13. Amen Christianbookworm amen'd this post.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •