Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Hillary Clinton to serve as keynote speaker at cyber defense summit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hillary Clinton to serve as keynote speaker at cyber defense summit

No this is NOT a Babylon Bee or Onion satire. It's for real.

----

Former Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton will serve as a keynote speaker at the Cyber Defense Summit 2019, the cybersecurity company FireEye announced on Thursday.

"We are pleased to announce that Former U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton will be a featured keynote at our #FireEyeSummit in October! Secretary Clinton will engage in an intimate Q&A keynote discussion," a tweet from the company read.

ScreenHunter_.jpg

FireEye's website touted its "informative and insightful keynotes from industry thought leaders." "Take this opportunity to share best practices, learn about the latest advancements, and enhance your cyber preparedness," the company said of the event.

The event is designed to inform executives on cybersecurity, as well as security practitioners on how to "mitigate, detect, and respond to cyber attacks."

Her comments will follow a slew of appearances in which she attributed her 2016 loss partly to Russian cyber activities used to interfere in the election. In May, she said the election was "stolen" from her.

“I think it’s also critical to understand that, as I’ve been telling candidates who have come to see me, you can run the best campaign, you can even become the nominee, and you can have the election stolen from you,” she said during an event in May.

That loss, according to her, was also influenced by former FBI Director James Comey's decision to notify Congress about his agency's investigation into her email servers.

That scandal hung over Clinton's head for the entirety of her campaign, during which she polled low on trustworthiness. Clinton denied any intentional wrongdoing as investigators found that as Secretary of State, she sent classified material over an unsecured server in her basement.

She and her team faced suspicions of trying to conceal evidence as well after it scrubbed her server. At one point, Clinton seemed to defender herself by suggesting she didn't know what it meant to "wipe" a server.

“What, like with a cloth or something?” Clinton said when asked about the issue during the election cycle. “I don’t know how it works digitally at all," she said.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hil...curity-speaker

Topics to be covered:
    • Wiping your server with a cloth
    • Ball peen or claw? Which hammer is best when it comes to smashing phones?
    • Best rooms for keeping illegal private servers
    • Bleachbit. Your best friend when subpoenaed

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Topics to be covered:
      Playing dumb 101 - How to escape criminal charges when caught red handed.

Comment

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

The only way I can think Hillary could give an informative keynote on cybersecurity is if it's under the premise that you should do the exact opposite of what she did. It's like the bit in the Douglas Adams book Mostly Harmless, where the protagonist, Arthur Dent, seeks advice from a wise old sage living in a smelly cave. She hands him a copy of her autobiography and says,
            "It's the story of my life. You see, the quality of any advice anybody has to offer has to be judged against the quality of life they actually lead. Now, as you look through this document, you'll see that I've underlined all the major decisions I ever made to make them stand out. They're all indexed and cross-referenced. See? All I can suggest is that if you take decisions that are exactly opposite to the sort of decisions that I've taken, then maybe you won't finish up at the end of your life" --she paused, and filled her lungs for a good shout--"in a smelly old cave like this!"
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Topics to be covered:
              Would this be a good thread for your "this is where we throw our heads back and laugh" shtick?
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Maybe her keynote speech is as an object lesson on what not to do.

But I bet they will sell a LOT of tickets of people who want to go just to see what the heck she is going to say. I hope it ends up on youtube at some point.

Comment

When they talk about "Take this opportunity to share best practices, learn about the latest advancements, and enhance your cyber preparedness" it should noted that many times our "best practices" are developed from really bad examples and case studies.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Ah, what difference does it make?
                    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                      Ah, what difference does it make?
                      It's like inviting Michael Avanetti to give a speech on ethics to the legal profession, complete with Q&A.

Meanwhile, I note that the extent of her "keynote" seems to be attached to Q&A - anybody wanna bet on softballs vs hardballs?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        It's like inviting Michael Avanetti to give a speech on ethics to the legal profession, complete with Q&A.

Meanwhile, I note that the extent of her "keynote" seems to be attached to Q&A - anybody wanna bet on softballs vs hardballs?
                        "Miz Clinton... What type of hammer is best for deleting information off of a phone?"

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          When they talk about "Take this opportunity to share best practices, learn about the latest advancements, and enhance your cyber preparedness" it should noted that many times our "best practices" are developed from really bad examples and case studies.
                          As the saying goes, even a bad example is a good example of a bad example.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            "Miz Clinton... What type of hammer is best for deleting information off of a phone?"
                            Is there a limit on the number of times one can claim "I don't recall"? Or is that like the 7 times 70 thing in the Bible?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              As the saying goes, even a bad example is a good example of a bad example.
                              And some things are so hideous that they are excellent examples of bad examples.

Comment