Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Back in the Mormon Business

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I've seen the Roman Road, the Four Spiritual Laws, Evangelism Explosion - all kinds of "tools"...
    Seen, yes. The Roman Road is the one I've seen the most, is all. I'm familiar with the Four Spiritual Laws from my fundamentalist days. I've heard of EE, but have no idea what it entails.
    the one 'component' that should be common to all is the power of the Holy Spirit. And as there are more and more people who either don't believe the Bible, or don't trust it like we do, I'm always prepared to go with my personal testimony or whatever the Spirit leads...
    I believe I've stated my agreement with that already.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    I believe I've stated my agreement with that already.
    You're only allowed to agree once per thread per day, perhaps?
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    One of my friends was conversing with some people from her former faith (never mind which) and a doctrine they held which was in clear contradiction to scripture came up. She finally pointed to the Bible in clear view on their table and said, "Read it! And see for yourselves!"

Point is, no matter if it's a catechism, creed, statement of faith, policy, etc, etc. one must know their Bible so as to not be deceived!

4. Amen tabibito, mossrose amen'd this post.
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Ok. Though it must be said that such churches tend to have massive turnover, too. People tend not to stay.
    And, likely, many of those go on to another church just like the one they left. Of course, I'm conjecturing here and have no facts.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    And, likely, many of those go on to another church just like the one they left. Of course, I'm conjecturing here and have no facts.
    They probably go broke and go find a "cheaper" church.

7. Amen mossrose amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    So, after Vacation Bible School last night, my ministry coordinator told me, "Oh, by the way, there were a couple of young men shooting hoops on our lot near the garage, and I was taking some trash to the dumpster. I think I must have scared them, and it looked like they thought I was going to yell at them, but I told them it's perfectly OK for them to play hoops there!" From her description, one of them sounded like Josh. A quick review of the security camera video footage showed it was!
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

9. Amen DesertBerean amen'd this post.