Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uncles (plural) with cancer

Professor and Chaplain Littlejoe's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Uncles (plural) with cancer

My aunt died last year from lung cancer. Now, 2 of her brothers also have cancer, Uncle Jerry and Uncle Ralph.

Uncle Jerry has early stage stomach cancer which the doctors are optimistic about, but is having to fight his insurance company for a PET scan so they oncologist and radiologist know how bad and where to focus the efforts.

Uncle Ralph, survived colon cancer 4 years ago, and has not had a re-occurrence of that, now he has advanced Leukemia.

Prayers greatly appreciated

(we are a very close extended family and the hits just seem to keep coming)

LJ
    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

3. Amen Littlejoe amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Sorry to hear that LJ. Cancer killed both my parents, several aunts and uncles and my grandmother. It is a horrible disease.

Praying.

5. Amen Littlejoe amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    p.s. - the last report I got about Uncle Ralph is they are starting chemo, but only give him about 6 months...or about one month without it...and he says if it really makes him feel really bad, he may just discontinue it.
    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

8. Amen Littlejoe amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Mercy to your uncles, Littlejoe, and peace to them, and to you and your family.

In Christ,
    Lee
    "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

10. Amen Littlejoe amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Sorry to hear that LJ. Cancer killed both my parents, several aunts and uncles and my grandmother. It is a horrible disease.

Praying.
    Yes it is Sparko!

Cancer killed both my Paternal grandparents and 4 of their children have gotten cancer so, with one death so far and another seemingly headed that way soon. It seems to possibly be genetic. Mom's side of the family has a low instance of cancer, mostly strokes on their side...and I have cholesterol problems so...may have to watch that more closely.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Cancer truly sucks

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Cancer touches so many of us. I've lost my Mom and a sister to cancer, and another sister has survived endometrial and bladder cancer. Many of my extended family have also died from it, and Kasha's other grandma died just 2 years ago from it.

It is truly one of the worst physical results of the Fall.
    Last edited by mossrose; 06-04-2019 at 10:44 AM.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

14. Amen Littlejoe amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Uncle Jerry got great news! His cancer is stage 1 and He has early-stage low grade MALT lymphoma. He said of all the cancers this is most favorable and he expects to cure it. It is so small that there was just no light up in the abdomen and it is stage 1.

16. Amen mossrose, Cerebrum123, Sparko amen'd this post.