Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Uncles (plural) with cancer

Professor and Chaplain Littlejoe's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Uncle Ralph passed out at home after arriving home from receiving his 2nd chemo treatment. Rushed back to the ER. High blood sugar, and suffered a hemoglobin crash. Severe nausea, and apparent blood infection.
    After lots of antibiotics, anti nausea medication and doses of insulin, he's much better and able to continue chemo. Oncologist said that was his only hope that he finish his round if chemo otherwise he had very little time left. Thank you for your prayers as they appear to be working!

2. Amen mossrose, Cerebrum123, lee_merrill amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

4. Amen Littlejoe amen'd this post.
    Professor and Chaplain Littlejoe's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Update: Uncle Jerry's stomach cancer treatment seems to be going well. His Dr again stated he expected him to make a full recovery.

Uncle Ralph has decided to forgo any further Chemo as it was making him extremely ill and was not seeming to work. He's now in hospice care and will most likely go home soon (with the Lord that is). A couple of weeks probably at most.

Meanwhile, I have a good friend in my hunting group that is also now in hospice care with metastatic lung cancer who may not make it past this week. It's shaping up to be a rough summer....

"What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

6. Amen mossrose, One Bad Pig, Sparko amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlejoe View Post
    Update: Uncle Jerry's stomach cancer treatment seems to be going well. His Dr again stated he expected him to make a full recovery.

Uncle Ralph has decided to forgo any further Chemo as it was making him extremely ill and was not seeming to work. He's now in hospice care and will most likely go home soon (with the Lord that is). A couple of weeks probably at most.

Meanwhile, I have a good friend in my hunting group that is also now in hospice care with metastatic lung cancer who may not make it past this week. It's shaping up to be a rough summer....

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

8. Amen mossrose, Littlejoe amen'd this post.