Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Uncles (plural) with cancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncles (plural) with cancer

My aunt died last year from lung cancer. Now, 2 of her brothers also have cancer, Uncle Jerry and Uncle Ralph.

Uncle Jerry has early stage stomach cancer which the doctors are optimistic about, but is having to fight his insurance company for a PET scan so they oncologist and radiologist know how bad and where to focus the efforts.

Uncle Ralph, survived colon cancer 4 years ago, and has not had a re-occurrence of that, now he has advanced Leukemia.

Prayers greatly appreciated

(we are a very close extended family and the hits just seem to keep coming)

LJ
    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Sorry to hear that LJ. Cancer killed both my parents, several aunts and uncles and my grandmother. It is a horrible disease.

Praying.

Comment

p.s. - the last report I got about Uncle Ralph is they are starting chemo, but only give him about 6 months...or about one month without it...and he says if it really makes him feel really bad, he may just discontinue it.
        "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Comment

Mercy to your uncles, Littlejoe, and peace to them, and to you and your family.

In Christ,
            Lee
            "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              Sorry to hear that LJ. Cancer killed both my parents, several aunts and uncles and my grandmother. It is a horrible disease.

Praying.
              Yes it is Sparko!

Cancer killed both my Paternal grandparents and 4 of their children have gotten cancer so, with one death so far and another seemingly headed that way soon. It seems to possibly be genetic. Mom's side of the family has a low instance of cancer, mostly strokes on their side...and I have cholesterol problems so...may have to watch that more closely.

Comment

Cancer truly sucks

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Cancer touches so many of us. I've lost my Mom and a sister to cancer, and another sister has survived endometrial and bladder cancer. Many of my extended family have also died from it, and my granddaughter's other grandma died just 2 years ago from it.

It is truly one of the worst physical results of the Fall.
                  Last edited by mossrose; 05-17-2022, 09:02 PM.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Uncle Jerry got great news! His cancer is stage 1 and He has early-stage low grade MALT lymphoma. He said of all the cancers this is most favorable and he expects to cure it. It is so small that there was just no light up in the abdomen and it is stage 1.

Comment

Uncle Ralph passed out at home after arriving home from receiving his 2nd chemo treatment. Rushed back to the ER. High blood sugar, and suffered a hemoglobin crash. Severe nausea, and apparent blood infection.
                      After lots of antibiotics, anti nausea medication and doses of insulin, he's much better and able to continue chemo. Oncologist said that was his only hope that he finish his round if chemo otherwise he had very little time left. Thank you for your prayers as they appear to be working!

Comment

Comment

Update: Uncle Jerry's stomach cancer treatment seems to be going well. His Dr again stated he expected him to make a full recovery.

Uncle Ralph has decided to forgo any further Chemo as it was making him extremely ill and was not seeming to work. He's now in hospice care and will most likely go home soon (with the Lord that is). A couple of weeks probably at most.

Meanwhile, I have a good friend in my hunting group that is also now in hospice care with metastatic lung cancer who may not make it past this week. It's shaping up to be a rough summer....

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                            Update: Uncle Jerry's stomach cancer treatment seems to be going well. His Dr again stated he expected him to make a full recovery.

Uncle Ralph has decided to forgo any further Chemo as it was making him extremely ill and was not seeming to work. He's now in hospice care and will most likely go home soon (with the Lord that is). A couple of weeks probably at most.

Meanwhile, I have a good friend in my hunting group that is also now in hospice care with metastatic lung cancer who may not make it past this week. It's shaping up to be a rough summer....

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment