Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Australian gunman goes on shooting spree

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    Of course I am because Iím attacking your narrative and you prefer that not to happen. Violence in media is nothing new and gun tech is roughly the same today as it was 60 years ago. What changed?
    Apparently - a lot. We just didn't have mass shootings like this when I was a kid. Gun tech is roughly the same? That's way too rough a generalization. I guess you mean they still use gun powder and a trigger

And that Ďsomethingí lines right up with what you want to believe. How wonderful, too bad you havenít touched a thing I sad or proved your position is true beyond emotional appeals. Sorry, but your opinion is laughable in the face of the reality that we are safer now, by almost every measure, than we were decades ago. Stop being persuaded by fear and propaganda, weíre living in one of the safest eras in human history.
    You are such a wild thing. Like Africanized bees, it takes almost nothing to provoke you into a crazed and defensive response. Best to keep one's distance.

Jim
    He will reply, ĎTruly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Apparently - a lot. We just didn't have mass shootings like this when I was a kid. Gun tech is roughly the same? That's way too rough a generalization. I guess you mean they still use gun powder and a trigger
    We also didnít have 24 hour news networks, trying to get eyeballs on the screen. They happened, they just didnít spend 24 hours a day, for a week, talking about it. Since all you have us insults and zero substance, let me help you here:

When was the AR-15 designed?
    How much different does it look today vs when it was first designed?

I know you donít like your narrative being destroyed, but the biggest changes to come to guns is in using new alloyís and composite materials in their construction. The basic design and operation, hasnít changed in decades. What do I know though? My dad only collects antique and vintage firearms. Semi automatics, carriages, large ammo capacity, etc is a decades old technology that my great grandfather owned.

You are such a wild thing. Like Africanized bees, it takes almost nothing to provoke you into a crazed and defensive response. Best to keep one's distance.
    I can have total chaos going on all around me and can keep calm and organized, even with a dozen kids going wild. Just ask my in-laws, nearly 9 years of marriage and they have yet to see me get phased by anything, even when a tree fell on our house a few years ago. Youíre just projecting your TDS symptoms onto others. Anyway, you could show where I am wrong and why, but that might require you to admit your narrative is wrong and that can never happen.
    Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 06-07-2019 at 11:10 AM.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    No the technology and the actual guns and mechanisms haven't changed. The AR-15 was developed in the 1950s and is pretty much still the same gun today mechanically. Semi-auto guns haven't changed much. They add lasers and fancy trigger safeties and grips and handrails, but the mechanics haven't changed in nearly a hundred years now.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    We just didn't have mass shootings like this when I was a kid.
    I suppose it depends on how old you are, but as I mentioned earlier, the number of mass shootings in the US has been pretty much a statistical flatline for at least the past 30-years.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...esearch-215678
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    No the technology and the actual guns and mechanisms haven't changed. The AR-15 was developed in the 1950s and is pretty much still the same gun today mechanically. Semi-auto guns haven't changed much. They add lasers and fancy trigger safeties and grips and handrails, but the mechanics haven't changed in nearly a hundred years now.
    All the basic mechanics that make up an AR-15 existed by the 1890ís.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    I see, so they are not different, but they are after all. Sorta like saying cars arent different because the still have internal combustion engines and rubber tires.

Im not real sure the point of all this except for pix to just pick a fight and go all wild eyed.

Jim
    He will reply, ĎTruly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I see, so they are not different, but they are after all. Sorta like saying cars arent different because the still have internal combustion engines and rubber tires.
    Tell you what, you tell me the differences between a modern AR-15 and itís 1959 model and Iíll tell you the difference between a modern car and itís original model. Deal?

Im not real sure the point of all this except for pix to just pick a fight and go all wild eyed.
    Still projecting? Please stop acting like Jorge. It doesnít do you any favors.
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Jim
    No the actual mechanical parts and movements are the same. How the trigger and firing mechanism work hasn't changed in 100 years. Or in the case of the AR-15, in 60+ years. It is more like having a car where the internal combustion engine hasn't changed in 100 years, but the other parts have. In reality the internal combustion engine has changed a lot in the last 100 years. In guns, not much at all. It is a "mature technology" - stagnant for the most part.