Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Australian gunman goes on shooting spree

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Right, it's our fault.
    Of course it is. Not his fault he decided to follow our example instead of getting help or whatever.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertBerean View Post
    Of course it is. Not his fault he decided to follow our example instead of getting help or whatever.
    Let's blame Hollywood. They glorify violence in movies and TV while acting all shocked and horrified about gun violence in real life and wanting to ban guns.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Let's blame Hollywood. They glorify violence in movies and TV while acting all shocked and horrified about gun violence in real life and wanting to ban guns.
    There is a certain veracity in that. Although, it has to be admitted that Hollywood does play to the tastes of its audience, it is also true that it tends to mould those tastes.
    1 Cor 15:34 εκνηψατε δικαιως και μη αμαρτανετε αγνωσιαν γαρ θεου τινες εχουσιν προς εντροπην υμιν λεγω

4. Amen oxmixmudd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    indeed. And I wonder just how much monthly shootings in the US of 10's or more might have planted the idea in his head.

Jim
    It's obviously Trump's fault.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

6. Amen Mountain Man amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Gotta love the celebutards who, while starring in movies which depicts dozens of people getting mowed down by gun fire, make public statements decrying gun violence -- while being surrounded by bodyguards carrying firearms.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Gotta love the celebutards who, while starring in movies which depicts dozens of people getting mowed down by gun fire, make public statements decrying gun violence -- while being surrounded by bodyguards carrying firearms.
    Silvester Stallone is one.

He became rich depicting and glorifying violence in various forms. Guns, knives, grenades, fists.

and then you have silicon valley promoting violent video games to kids that glorify killing, assassination, stealing, rape, etc.

heck we should just nuke California.
    Last edited by Sparko; 06-06-2019 at 11:01 AM.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertBerean View Post
    Given the number of shootings the last few years, there increasing number, and the global nature of media reports about it, there is a real, non-zero, probability the excessive number of shootings in the US contributed to his decision to act out as he did. There is no way around it.

People don't need other people doing bad things to come up with bad things to do, but other people doing bad things do tend to produce more people doing the same bad things.

These are just simple facts DB.

Jim
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

10. Amen Adrift amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    There is a definite influence there as well. Columbine was often linked to what was portrayed in 'The Matrix".

Jim
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

12. Amen Adrift amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    It's obviously Trump's fault.
    I never mentioned the name - can we have a conversation that does not go there?

Jim

14. Amen Sparko amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Given the number of shootings the last few years, there increasing number, and the global nature of media reports about it, there is a real, non-zero, probability the excessive number of shootings in the US contributed to his decision to act out as he did. There is no way around it.

People don't need other people doing bad things to come up with bad things to do, but other people doing bad things do tend to produce more people doing the same bad things.

These are just simple facts DB.

Jim
    Given that fatal shootings in general have dropped dramatically in recent decades from levels experienced earlier, in spite of the media's determined effort to make it seem otherwise, perhaps we're barking up the wrong tree here.

Gun Control Stats II.jpg