Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Backlash Over Proposed ‘Straight Pride’ Parade In Boston

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    I think it's a dumb idea personally. If we are serious that sexual orientation is nothing to take pride in or make a big deal about, supporting straight pride parades undermines that.
    It's the principle of the thing. And it certainly points to the hypocrisy of those who are only interested in their own agenda and want the rest of us to accept it.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    I think it's a dumb idea personally. If we are serious that sexual orientation is nothing to take pride in or make a big deal about, supporting straight pride parades undermines that.
    True, that. Perhaps a Christian Pride parade?
    1 Cor 15:34 εκνηψατε δικαιως και μη αμαρτανετε αγνωσιαν γαρ θεου τινες εχουσιν προς εντροπην υμιν λεγω

Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    It's the principle of the thing. And it certainly points to the hypocrisy of those who are only interested in their own agenda and want the rest of us to accept it.
    Gays do not demand that you be gay too. But they do want as much space in this society as you take for granted.
    Last edited by firstfloor; 06-06-2019 at 01:04 PM.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by firstfloor View Post
    Gays do not demand that you be gay too.
    Christians don't demand that non-Christians be Christian. But the two life-styles are incompatible.
    1 Cor 15:34 εκνηψατε δικαιως και μη αμαρτανετε αγνωσιαν γαρ θεου τινες εχουσιν προς εντροπην υμιν λεγω

5. Amen mossrose, Cow Poke, Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Gays do not demand that you be gay too. But they do want as much space in this society as you take for granted.
    Is that why they have parades in which they can act like perverts and freaks?

gay 1.jpggay 2.jpeggay 3.jpg
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Is that why they have parades in which they can act like perverts and freaks?

gay 1.jpggay 2.jpeggay 3.jpg
    For people who claim to want to be tolerated, they sure work hard at being intolerable.
    Last edited by QuantaFille; 06-06-2019 at 01:41 PM.
    Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

8. Amen Cow Poke, One Bad Pig, Sparko, Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaFille View Post
    For people who claim to want to be tolerated, they sure work hard at being intolerable.
    That's just it ... they can't just be "decent people who happen to be gay", they have to be IN YOUR FACE about it --- I couldn't even POST most of the pictures I found just by Googling "Gay Pride Parade". Women wearing vagina suits, men wearing "extenders" on their penis..... In front of children...

Remember when homosexuality was listed as a mental illness? I think the folks who "march" in Gay Pride Parades are making the case it actually is a mental illness.

gay 4.jpeg
    Last edited by Cow Poke; 06-06-2019 at 01:47 PM.

10. Amen seer amen'd this post.
    Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    That's just it ... they can't just be "decent people who happen to be gay", they have to be IN YOUR FACE about it --- I couldn't even POST most of the pictures I found just by Googling "Gay Pride Parade". Women wearing vagina suits, men wearing "extenders" on their penis..... In front of children...

Remember when homosexuality was listed as a mental illness? I think the folks who "march" in Gay Pride Parades are making the case it actually is a mental illness.

gay 4.jpeg
    There may come a time when gay pride marches are as unnecessary as straight pride marches, but for now, it looks like a little more work is needed. I think they do it for your enlightenment.
    Last edited by firstfloor; 06-06-2019 at 03:25 PM.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    There may come a time when gay pride marches are as unnecessary as straight pride marches, but for now, it looks like a little more work is needed. I think they do it for your enlightenment.
    I don't need that kind of enlightenment, thank you very much. And gay pride marches are not necessary any more than straight pride marches.

It's all about forcing acceptance and refusal to allow ME to say what I think.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

13. Amen Cow Poke, Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I think they do it because it's what's in their hearts.