Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 126

Thread: Backlash Over Proposed ‘Straight Pride’ Parade In Boston

  1. #101
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    55,426
    Amen (Given)
    12067
    Amen (Received)
    25778
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    I happens inside and outside the church though CP. The church itself has long been a place where new ideas are squashed as unorthodox or heresy, and getting people in the church to listen to that which is not a currently accepted idea is mostly an invitation to be judged and vilified. At least for a time.
    What "new ideas" in the church have brought us closer to the Lord?
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

  2. #102
    Oops....... mossrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    20,792
    Amen (Given)
    15791
    Amen (Received)
    9545
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    What "new ideas" in the church have brought us closer to the Lord?
    Kenneth Copeland, Benny Hinn, the NAR?



    Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

  3. #103
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    55,426
    Amen (Given)
    12067
    Amen (Received)
    25778
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    Kenneth Copeland, Benny Hinn, the NAR?

    I said "closer to the Lord", not "closer to the sword"!
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

  4. Amen mossrose amen'd this post.
  5. #104
    tWebber tabibito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    DownUnder
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,958
    Amen (Given)
    202
    Amen (Received)
    852
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    What "new ideas" in the church have brought us closer to the Lord?
    There has been something of a revival of ancient ideas that were more or less scrapped ... but I haven't noticed anything actually new/novel - even the heresies have pretty much been recycled.
    1 Cor 15:34 εκνηψατε δικαιως και μη αμαρτανετε αγνωσιαν γαρ θεου τινες εχουσιν προς εντροπην υμιν λεγω

  6. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
  7. #105
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    55,426
    Amen (Given)
    12067
    Amen (Received)
    25778
    Quote Originally Posted by tabibito View Post
    There has been something of a revival of ancient ideas that were more or less scrapped ... but I haven't noticed anything actually new/novel - even the heresies have pretty much been recycled.
    Kinda like
    "What has been is what will be,
    and what has been done is what will be done,
    and there is nothing new under the sun."
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

  8. Amen Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.
  9. #106
    tWebber TheWall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,622
    Amen (Given)
    1467
    Amen (Received)
    1735
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Kinda like
    "What has been is what will be,
    and what has been done is what will be done,
    and there is nothing new under the sun."
    The internet has helped. Archeology anthropology and sociology can also help.

  10. #107
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    52,374
    Amen (Given)
    1112
    Amen (Received)
    19061
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Kinda like
    "What has been is what will be,
    and what has been done is what will be done,
    and there is nothing new under the sun."
    Sing that using the music from "Que Sera, Sera"

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

  11. #108
    Oops....... mossrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    20,792
    Amen (Given)
    15791
    Amen (Received)
    9545
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Sing that using the music from "Que Sera, Sera"



    "What has been is what will be,
    and what has been done is what will be done,
    and there is nothing new under the sun."
    "And such were some of you."


    Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

  12. #109
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,669
    Amen (Given)
    305
    Amen (Received)
    1605
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    What "new ideas" in the church have brought us closer to the Lord?
    There are a good many. Shall we start with the printing press and the unorthodox idea that we translate the Bible into the common tongue of the people? Now we all have Bibles because of that. It was not liked very much, or rather, the idea of printing the Bible in languages other than Latin was opposed quite vigorously by the Church. People died for the right to have a Bible translated into their own language.

    Do you believe that helped people get closer to the Lord?


    Jim
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

  13. #110
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    55,426
    Amen (Given)
    12067
    Amen (Received)
    25778
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    There are a good many. Shall we start with the printing press and the unorthodox idea that we translate the Bible into the common tongue of the people? Now we all have Bibles because of that. It was not liked very much, or rather, the idea of printing the Bible in languages other than Latin was opposed quite vigorously by the Church. People died for the right to have a Bible translated into their own language.

    Do you believe that helped people get closer to the Lord?


    Jim
    Have a wonderful evening, Jim.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •