Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Backlash Over Proposed ‘Straight Pride’ Parade In Boston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    One was a march the other a parade. The former was about trying to effect change
    And quite effectively so.

while the latter is all about expressing yourself.
    And often in the worst possible way.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

One was a march the other a parade. The former was about trying to effect change while the latter is all about expressing yourself.
      ...and ALSO trying (very successfully over the years) effect change. Both, in their time have attracted massive protests.
      Last edited by Tassman; 06-10-2019, 02:53 AM.
      “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
        ...and ALSO trying (very successfully over the years) effect change. Both, in their time have been attracted massive protests.
        That's some sentence structure ya got goin' there, Tassy.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          That's some sentence structure ya got goin' there, Tassy.
          Corrected!
          “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Corrected!
            The second sentence, yes - you missed the first one, though. You must be experiencing a bad case of the vapors or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              The second sentence, yes - you missed the first one, though. You must be experiencing a bad case of the vapors or something.
              It's a very busy day at work. That's my story.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                While you know I defend that bakers right not to be treated that way, over my history I have seen and in some cases experienced the sort of attacks and persecution gay people must endure, and honestly, there is no comparison here. Part of why the baker and the florist have had to endure what they have endured is because when a group of people is treated as badly as the gay community is treated, there will in fact be a subgroup out for revenge. You cant treat people like gay people are treated in general without generating a lot of hatred and fear.

Jim
                hated? They are praised in today's society. You can't watch a TV show or a movie without a gay main character in it. The new Batgirl TV series has Batgirl as a lesbian for example. LGBTQ+ is promoted in schools, colleges, business. Every large company has a "diversity" manager now. Gays are mainstream and they use that position to attack anyone who dares say that homosexual sex is a sin or marriage is between a man and a woman.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  hated? They are praised in today's society. You can't watch a TV show or a movie without a gay main character in it. The new Batgirl TV series has Batgirl as a lesbian for example. LGBTQ+ is promoted in schools, colleges, business. Every large company has a "diversity" manager now. Gays are mainstream and they use that position to attack anyone who dares say that homosexual sex is a sin or marriage is between a man and a woman.
                  Those elements do not change how things have been or continue to be. Another lesbian couple was attacked today in England. You are right that there is also hostility against those that hold to traditional views on the issue. But that backlash is very recent and does negate what the gay population has endured and continues to endure.

Before you get all warped out of shape, you need to get hold of the fact that my comment simply states the fact that the sort of hatred the baker endured is not equivalent in intensity or quantity to what homosexuals themselves have endured. And I said that only as a counter to a comment that indicated there was some sort of equivalence. There really isnt.

It is not a comment saying either form of hatred is justified or good.

It is not a comment that says homosexual acts are good.

Jim
                  Last edited by oxmixmudd; 06-10-2019, 12:02 PM.
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Before you get all warped out of shape, you need to get hold of the fact that my comment simply states the fact that the sort of hatred the baker endured is not equivalent in intensity or quantity to what homosexuals themselves have endured. And I said that only as a counter to a comment that indicated there was some sort of equivalence. There really isnt.
                    Not yet Jim, Christians and Christian ideals are being marginalized more and more in the West. We see this on college campus, in the general culture.
                    Last edited by seer; 06-10-2019, 12:53 PM.
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Those elements do not change how things have been or continue to be. Another lesbian couple was attacked today in England. You are right that there is also hostility against those that hold to traditional views on the issue. But that backlash is very recent and does negate what the gay population has endured and continues to endure.

It is not a comment saying either form of hatred is justified or good.

It is not a comment that says homosexual acts are good.

Jim
                      Well historically Christians have been discriminated against a lot worse than homosexuals. And continue to be in some places.

And remember the pizza parlor that refused to cater a gay wedding? They were harassed so much they had to shut down their business. I think they got death threats. Or the kid who got attacked by an entire country because he smiled while an Indian banged a drum in his face?

Comment

...and ALSO trying (very successfully over the years) effect change. Both, in their time have attracted massive protests.
                        If the gay pride parades of a dozen or so years ago were trying to effect change they likely shot themselves in the foot. I've heard several gay activists say over the years that those parades were at best counterproductive.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

If the gay pride parades of a dozen or so years ago were trying to effect change they likely shot themselves in the foot. I've heard several gay activists say over the years that those parades were at best counterproductive.
                          Yet, it would be foolish for the gay community to denounce the debauchery and 'freak show' nature of the gay pride 'parades', because that's what some of those perverts (the ones who parade around in BSDM attire, naked, half naked, accentuated male genitalia, vagina suits, etc) live for.

When we were at the Promise Keepers rally in DC years ago, there were a number of small outbreaks of "queer nation" and women exposing their breasts to the men, some of the women stripping naked.... in most cases, the men just formed groups surrounding these little outbreaks, with their backs to them, blocking them from the view of the crowds.

Comment

Well historically Christians have been discriminated against a lot worse than homosexuals. And continue to be in some places.

And remember the pizza parlor that refused to cater a gay wedding? They were harassed so much they had to shut down their business. I think they got death threats. Or the kid who got attacked by an entire country because he smiled while an Indian banged a drum in his face?
                            B-b-but he was wearing a MAGA hat! As the newly minted socio-political expert Alyssa Milano (who just a couple months ago was nothing more than a celebutard nearing the end of her acting career) informed us, MAGA hats are identical to KKK hoods, and therefore the wearer "deserves" whatever negative thing happens to them[1]. So forget the facts, the kid was entirely at fault.

1. You know, just like women scantily dressed deserve to be sexually assaulted

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yeah they are not the type of parades you would want to take children to. They were just sexual exhibitions for the most part. The only message they gave was "We're gay and we're in your face! Ha!"

Comment

Yeah they are not the type of parades you would want to take children to. They were just sexual exhibitions for the most part. The only message they gave was "We're gay and we're in your face! Ha!"
                                "They think we're sexual degenerates? How dare they?! We'll show them!"
                                I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment