Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Backlash Over Proposed ‘Straight Pride’ Parade In Boston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post
    It took me a couple of years to stop chasing the ladies...
    Eyesight finally got that bad?

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Eyesight finally got that bad?

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        we are all a work in progress.
        No, I'm perfect now and more humble than you!
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

OK, now you done it! You have challenged Sparko's humility, of which he is supreme master!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yes you are. Go and sin no more.

Comment

OK, now you done it! You have challenged Sparko's humility, of which he is supreme master!
              As he constantly says, "I has more humbleness in my hook that you's got in your entire body."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                As he constantly says, "I has more humbleness in my hook that you's got in your entire body."
                He do!

Comment

He do!
                  It's true.

Comment

When the Bible talks about the "prince of the power of the air"... I can't help but think this is why we have situations like this where there's a particular "narrative", and anybody, regardless of who they are or what they stand for, who speaks against that narrative doesn't stand a chance.
                    I happens inside and outside the church though CP. The church itself has long been a place where new ideas are squashed as unorthodox or heresy, and getting people in the church to listen to that which is not a currently accepted idea is mostly an invitation to be judged and vilified. At least for a time.

Oh - and please keep that in mind next time I say something a little out of the current box

Jim
                    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                      I happens inside and outside the church though CP. The church itself has long been a place where new ideas are squashed as unorthodox or heresy, and getting people in the church to listen to that which is not a currently accepted idea is mostly an invitation to be judged and vilified. At least for a time.
                      Perhaps that's because, in church, new ideas typically ARE unorthodox/heresy.

Just sayin'.
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                        What "new ideas" in the church have brought us closer to the Lord?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          Kenneth Copeland, Benny Hinn, the NAR?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                            Kenneth Copeland, Benny Hinn, the NAR?

I said "closer to the Lord", not "closer to the sword"!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              There has been something of a revival of ancient ideas that were more or less scrapped ... but I haven't noticed anything actually new/novel - even the heresies have pretty much been recycled.
                              1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                              ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                              Scripture before Tradition:
                              but that won't prevent others from
                              taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                              of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                                There has been something of a revival of ancient ideas that were more or less scrapped ... but I haven't noticed anything actually new/novel - even the heresies have pretty much been recycled.
                                Kinda like
                                "What has been is what will be,
                                and what has been done is what will be done,
                                and there is nothing new under the sun."

Comment