Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post
    Around here, we have bats for that.

We have bats here as well, but rarely see them.

We need more.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
      We have bats here as well, but rarely see them.

We need more.
      You know all those small birds you see flying near street lights after dusk and just before dawn? They ain't birds.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        You know all those small birds you see flying near street lights after dusk and just before dawn? They ain't birds.
        I am sleeping at dusk, this time of year when the bats are out. And I am also sleeping at dawn when the bats are out.

We had a bat in our shed once. Scared Mr. mossy when he opened the door.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I am sleeping at dusk, this time of year when the bats are out. And I am also sleeping at dawn when the bats are out.

We had a bat in our shed once. Scared Mr. mossy when he opened the door.
          What abouts bats in your belfry?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            What abouts bats in your belfry?
            I went to an elementary school that was half a block from my house. It had a belfry, used to have a bell before my time.

There were indeed bats in that belfry. We used to sit in the backyard and watch them swooping and swirling around after insects in the early evenings in the summer. My Dad had to put a mesh screen over the chimney to keep them from coming into the house.

My Mom usually had a small veg garden in the back every year, and one year she planted corn. We had a Siamese cat (they are known for fetching things, did ya know) and one evening in late summer it arrived at the back door with a 5' dried cornstalk dragging along. Mom went to pick it up and there was a bat clinging to the stalk. We can only assume the cat was chasing it and it landed there and the cat dragged the whole stalk to the house as a gift.

Bat not injured. Mom recovered. A good story we still tell, those of us that were living at home at the time.

After I was married, they tore the wonderful old brick school building down to construct a "modern" one. Dad said the bats disappeared when their belfry was taken away.

Kind of sad.

Other than that, sometimes I DO have bats in my own belfry, thank you very much.

Comment

I went to an elementary school that was half a block from my house. It had a belfry, used to have a bell before my time...

Yeah... Riiiiiiiiight

Comment

So that's what pterodactyls were called back in the when.
                1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                Scripture before Tradition:
                but that won't prevent others from
                taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Comment

I figure we can make another thread to post cool photos of animals.
                    sigpic

Comment

We visited a free botterfly house yesterday!
                      A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                      George Bernard Shaw

Comment

00000000000000ab000-00a.jpg

Comment

00000000000000ab000-00ab.jpg

Comment

00000000000000ab000-00ad.jpg

Comment

00000000000000ab000-00ac.jpg

Comment

00000000000000ab000-00aa.jpg

Comment