Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Facebook doesn't like Christian theology conferences.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Not sure I remember that.
    He might be thinking of Paltalk.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
      Christians need to dump Facebook entirely. I'm considering it again. There's certainly some good there, but, going to a platform that doesn't inhibit Christian free speech and doesn't sell your data to outside sources is something we should all consider.
      I've thought about it, though I don't think I could at this point in time. I just moved across the country, where I literally know nobody, and social media is my only real means of communicating with anybody at this point in time. Millennials are slowly dumping Facebook en masse, so over time it should be easier to justify.
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        He might be thinking of Paltalk.
        Nope. "Webchat" it was. A few "webchats" now exist but none are related to the original. (early to mid 1990s).
        1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
        Scripture before Tradition:
        but that won't prevent others from
        taking it upon themselves to deprive you
        of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
          Nope. "Webchat" it was. A few "webchats" now exist but none are related to the original. (early to mid 1990s).
          Tweb wasn't around until 2003.
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Update:

A friend of mine tried to post an article into a theology-related Facebook group today, and received a message that nobody would be able to see the post because it violated Facebook's terms of service (it did not say what the violation was). The post was just a link to an article by mainstream evangelical scholar Walter Kaiser arguing that the Psalms point toward the New Testament vision of eternal life. I don't see how anybody would possibly find it offensive.

This guy likes to post to conservative blogs a lot (he has some views that are pretty out there; nothing racist or anything like that; he's in an interracial marriage) and some of us suspect that feeds into some algorithm that already seems not to like religious content. Either way, it's disturbing.
            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
              Update:

A friend of mine tried to post an article into a theology-related Facebook group today, and received a message that nobody would be able to see the post because it violated Facebook's terms of service (it did not say what the violation was). The post was just a link to an article by mainstream evangelical scholar Walter Kaiser arguing that the Psalms point toward the New Testament vision of eternal life. I don't see how anybody would possibly find it offensive.

This guy likes to post to conservative blogs a lot (he has some views that are pretty out there; nothing racist or anything like that; he's in an interracial marriage) and some of us suspect that feeds into some algorithm that already seems not to like religious content. Either way, it's disturbing.
              Accounts like this are increasing every day. When it concerns someone famous they are usually quick to apologize and unblock them but for the average person they tend to ignore it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I tried to post a link to a prolife article about abortion and it blocked it.

Comment

I tried to post a link to a prolife article about abortion and it blocked it.
                  If you get a chance, post the link here and I'll test-post it on Facebook.
                  Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                    I've thought about it, though I don't think I could at this point in time. I just moved across the country, where I literally know nobody, and social media is my only real means of communicating with anybody at this point in time. Millennials are slowly dumping Facebook en masse, so over time it should be easier to justify.
                    My 15-year old turns his nose up at Facebook as something that only old people use.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                      If you get a chance, post the link here and I'll test-post it on Facebook.
                      It was the article about the Planned Parenthood undercover videos ruled as not being edited. I recently tried again and it went through.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        My 15-year old turns his nose up at Facebook as something that only old people use.
                        Well, that surely includes me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          I remember complaints about Septembernet - so I qualify as old. Never had a Facecrack account, though.

sigpic

Comment

what do young kids use?

I hear twitter is kind of dying out too.

Comment

But if they are discriminating against some based on religion, doesn't that fall under the Civil Rights act? They are refusing service to someone based on religion, which private businesses can't do.
                              Does it? I thought the Civil Rights Act was about stuff like getting service in places like restaurants, hotels, and movie theaters. I don't think it applies to anything online.

There might be some other law that covers it, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                                Does it? I thought the Civil Rights Act was about stuff like getting service in places like restaurants, hotels, and movie theaters. I don't think it applies to anything online.

There might be some other law that covers it, though.
                                Might be something for the supreme court to take up. There was no internet when the civil rights act was written up.

Comment