Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Police officers nationwide flagged for racist and violent social media posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seer View Post
    Isn't that the truth. I didn't know that Latinos could have an internal racist thing. I found that my neighbors from Mexico considered themselves Spanish and looked down on some of my other Latino neighbors who were native to South America. And they had zero love for black folk..
    FWIU, the tall, light-skinned Chinese from the northern part of the country look down on the smaller, dark-skinned Chinese from the southern part of the country. I knew an elderly woman from the former group who said the latter weren't really human but were monkeys.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      FWIU, the tall, light-skinned Chinese from the northern part of the country look down on the smaller, dark-skinned Chinese from the southern part of the country. I knew an elderly woman from the former group who said the latter weren't really human but were monkeys.
      I should also note that there were several news stories about how just before the Beijing Olympics the Chinese government rounded up many of those of African descent (most were students or former students) because they were regarded as being prone to criminal behavior and the government didn't want them to cause trouble.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post
        Historically you would be hard pressed to find any non-racist race, and social groups oppressing other social groups is equally common throughout all races. Whites don't have a monopoly on that kind of thing. It's just more noticable to us because it's in our own back-yard. Buying in to the "whites are evil because they are racist and elitist" narrative doesn't have a lot of traction with people who know something of the real history of elitism and racism. Whites aren't worse, we're just no better.
        There is no phony assertion made that "whites are evil because they are racist and elitist." Unnecessary sarcasm to dodge the underlying issues of the "history" of the problem of racism.
        Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
        Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
          Just a wild guess, but I'm thinking the only answer acceptable to you is 'racism'.

The truth is that there isn't any one thing that is the cause, but a bunch of issues, including poverty, racism,poverty, racism, family breakdown, unhealthy role models, negative culture, self-pity and entitlement, lack of opportunities and more. And most of those issues have multiple causes and factors as well.
          Shotgun approach to avoid the facts of the "history" of racism you fail to address. The hundreds of years of racism can be well documented to have a primary contributing factor for "poverty, racism, family breakdown, unhealthy role models, negative culture, self-pity and entitlement, lack of opportunities and more. And most of those issues have multiple causes and factors as well."
          But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
            There is no phony assertion made that "whites are evil because they are racist and elitist." Unnecessary sarcasm to dodge the underlying issues of the "history" of the problem of racism.
            The underlying history of racism was not dodged; it was put into perspective. That is how the peoples of the world generally were and remain - and precious few are making any attempt to address those issues. And your underlying narrative IS blaming all the problems on white society, past and present, so you don't get the right to label my comment a phony assertion. As an attempt at deflection, your claim fails.
            1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
            ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
            Scripture before Tradition:
            but that won't prevent others from
            taking it upon themselves to deprive you
            of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Actually no, this simply represents an acknowledgement racism and profiling by police based on race. Many incidents of violence against blacks involves racial profiling and the victims were not criminals.

I gave important well documented reasons for high crime among blacks, and it is grounded in a known documented "history" of racism, which has not been acknowledged nor responded to.
              I see, so it's whitey's fault that blacks commit disproportionately more violent crime than any other racial group.

Got it.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                I see, so it's whitey's fault that blacks commit disproportionately more violent crime than any other racial group.

Got it.
                Gross avoiding the facts of "history" which you repeatedly fail to address.

Is the alternative in your view that these problems exist proportionally more than other races, because they are inferior and black.

Frank

Comment

Is the alternative in your view that these problems exist proportionally more than other races, because they are inferior and black.
                  Of course not, but I like again how you actively promote this point of view while ostensibly decrying this point of view.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    Of course not, but I like again how you actively promote this point of view while ostensibly decrying this point of view.
                    I never have promoted this, and it is only a logical conclusion of seer and you based on your arguments.

Question: Who was responsible for the fact that the blacks were deprived of their benefits after WWII in the GI Bills for education and housing?

Frank

Comment

I never have promoted this, and it is only a logical conclusion of seer and you based on your arguments.

Question: Who was responsible for the fact that the blacks were deprived of their benefits after WWII in the GI Bills for education and housing?
                      Almost no-one now living.
                      1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                      Scripture before Tradition:
                      but that won't prevent others from
                      taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                      of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Shotgun approach to avoid the facts of the "history" of racism you fail to address. The hundreds of years of racism can be well documented to have a primary contributing factor for "poverty, racism, family breakdown, unhealthy role models, negative culture, self-pity and entitlement, lack of opportunities and more. And most of those issues have multiple causes and factors as well."
                        You're very predictable.
                        ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

No, it not the "only logical conclusion", but it is the conclusion that racists like you and carpe have actively promoted throughout this discussion.

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                          Democrats.

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                            Almost no-one now living.
                            Another dodge trying to sweep the "history" of racism that is intimately related to the racism and poverty of today, and what is the nature of racism that has not significantly changed in a significant part of the population. It is the continuum of dominant racism in the USA that caused the denial of the black population access to the GI Bill for education and housing, which contributed to the breakdown of black society, poverty and crime.

Example: Who is responsible for the widespread denial of loans to black farmers by the USDA which continued up until at least until the 1980s?

You are avoiding the fact that the continuum of the "history" racism is major factor in the breakdown of black society in the USA, and the high rate of poverty and crime. That continuum of racism continues today.

Some posters have described racism, and ethnic prejudice is wide spread, true. In fact it is universal with humanity. The fact is that the "history" of racism in the USA is compounded by the extreme racist domination by the white Anglo Saxons over the black population of the USA, beginning with slavery, which in reality did not end until the 20th century.
                            Last edited by shunyadragon; 06-29-2019, 07:20 AM.

Frank

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
                              You're very predictable.
                              . . . and consistent concerning the actual facts of the "history" of racism in the USA, which persists in a continuum of a large part of the population today. You like others have continued to dodge the reality of "history" of racism that is a major factor of the breakdown of black society, poverty and crime.

Frank

Comment

. . . and consistent concerning the actual facts of the "history" of racism in the USA, which persists in a continuum of a large part of the population today. You like others have continued to dodge the reality of "history" of racism that is a major factor of the breakdown of black society, poverty and crime.
                                Your response indicates that you have either failed to read and understand my previous post, or are stuck in a mental rut and can only spout your usual nonsense, which has nothing to do with what others have said. Actually, it could be both.

I hope you enjoy your obsession with racism.

For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

No doubt racists lurk behind every bush. Certainly the best way to solve the problem of racism is to shriek 'Racist! Denier!' at everyone who tries to have a conversation with you. That will make people focus on who people really are, instead of the colour of their skin.

Shunya, go do something productive with your life. Visit friends or family. Get some exercise. Go help a charity. Live.
                                ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment