Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Police officers nationwide flagged for racist and violent social media posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
    Your response indicates that you have either failed to read and understand my previous post, or are stuck in a mental rut and can only spout your usual nonsense, which has nothing to do with what others have said. Actually, it could be both.

I hope you enjoy your obsession with racism.

For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

No doubt racists lurk behind every bush. Certainly the best way to solve the problem of racism is to shriek 'Racist! Denier!' at everyone who tries to have a conversation with you. That will make people focus on who people really are, instead of the colour of their skin.

Shunya, go do something productive with your life. Visit friends or family. Get some exercise. Go help a charity. Live.
    MaxVel, go hide in your box and continue avoiding doing anything productive with your life, and hide for the reality of the continuum of extreme racism in the USA,

I do exercise intensively and volunteer with three regional non-profit organizations.

Your failing to constructively respond in this thread.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
      MaxVel, go hide in your box and continue avoiding doing anything productive with your life, and hide for the reality of the continuum of extreme racism in the USA,

I do exercise intensively and volunteer with three regional non-profit organizations.

Your failing to constructively respond in this thread.

False. I already did give a constructive response, you replied with nonsense about how I was ignoring the role of racism, something I specifically mentioned as a factor in my response. Not my fault if you can't read.

You're just resorting to your usual boilerplate responses when someone doesn't fit in with your preconceptions. Same old Shunya.
      ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

False. I already did give a constructive response, you replied with nonsense about how I was ignoring the role of racism, something I specifically mentioned as a factor in my response. Not my fault if you can't read.

You're just resorting to your usual boilerplate responses when someone doesn't fit in with your preconceptions. Same old Shunya.
        No you have not responded,, and responded with nonsense not addressing the continuum of the "history" of racism, It is not my fault you cannot read, think nor write coherently,

I do not hope you enjoy your obsesion of avoiding the "history" of racism as the foundation of racism today.
        Last edited by shunyadragon; 06-29-2019, 10:15 AM.
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          No, it not the "only logical conclusion", but it is the conclusion that racists like you and carpe have actively promoted throughout this discussion.

Democrats.
          Actually no, it was the entire "white" bureaucracy of the government. The legislation passed by Congress unanimously and signed by the President did not exclude blacks from the benifits.

The "history" of racism is not determined by political party in history, but the reality is in the South the racism was more brutal and aggressive. The Democrats of the South were 'Old World racist Democrats.
          Last edited by shunyadragon; 06-29-2019, 10:13 AM.

Frank

Comment

Another dodge trying to sweep the "history" of racism that is intimately related to the racism and poverty of today, and what is the nature of racism that has not significantly changed in a significant part of the population. It is the continuum of dominant racism in the USA that caused the denial of the black population access to the GI Bill for education and housing, which contributed to the breakdown of black society, poverty and crime.

Example: Who is responsible for the widespread denial of loans to black farmers by the USDA which continued up until at least until the 1980s?

You are avoiding the fact that the continuum of the "history" racism is major factor in the breakdown of black society in the USA, and the high rate of poverty and crime. That continuum of racism continues today.

Some posters have described racism, and ethnic prejudice is wide spread, true. In fact it is universal with humanity. The fact is that the "history" of racism in the USA is compounded by the extreme racist domination by the white Anglo Saxons over the black population of the USA, beginning with slavery, which in reality did not end until the 20th century.
            Not my 20-30 something year old generation?
            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Actually no, it was the entire "white" bureaucracy of the government. The legislation passed by Congress unanimously and signed by the President did not exclude blacks from the benifits.

The "history" of racism is not determined by political party in history, but the reality is in the South the racism was more brutal and aggressive. The Democrats of the South were 'Old World racist Democrats.
              Thanks for the history lesson.

Still doesn't change the fact that blacks commit disproportionately more crimes than other racial groups. Now here's the thing you're not considering: this isn't an inevitability of history. Blacks as individuals and as a group can make different decisions
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

No you have not responded,, and responded with nonsense not addressing the continuum of the "history" of racism, It is not my fault you cannot read, think nor write coherently,

I do not hope you enjoy your obsesion of avoiding the "history" of racism as the foundation of racism today.
                Quite clearly, you're more interested in apportioning historical blame than considering possible ways to address current issues. Making history an excuse for current circumstances instead of working past them will only ensure that nothing changes. Reparations won't address the problems experienced by disadvantaged groups, giving them constructive assistance to work their way out of their difficulties will.
                1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                Scripture before Tradition:
                but that won't prevent others from
                taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                  Quite clearly, you're more interested in apportioning historical blame than considering possible ways to address current issues. Making history an excuse for current circumstances instead of working past them will only ensure that nothing changes. Reparations won't address the problems experienced by disadvantaged groups, giving them constructive assistance to work their way out of their difficulties will.
                  There is nothing in this thread has nothing to do with reparations nor whether we will or can work past the problems. At present there remains a failure to even acknowledge the problems and their roots in the continuum of the "history" in your responses and others.

Frank

Comment

I answered the question that was asked in the post I replied to. You just can't let go of your need to be more right than everyone else. Grow up.

PS: I miss your old pals Bob, Duck and Weave. When do we see them again?
                    ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

There is nothing in this thread has nothing to do with reparations nor whether we will or can work past the problems. At present there remains a failure to even acknowledge the problems and their roots in the continuum of the "history" in your responses and others.
                      The root of the problem is not in history, it is in the present. Historical failures and malfeasance can be used to inform responses, but they don't address the here and now issues. Racism cannot be deemed dead, but black racists (whether or not they themselves are black) are simply blocking chances of resolution.
                      1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

I answered the question that was asked in the post I replied to. You just can't let go of your need to be more right than everyone else. Grow up.

PS: I miss your old pals Bob, Duck and Weave. When do we see them again?
                        In your mirror. You have not made a coherent response answering the question.
                        Last edited by shunyadragon; 07-01-2019, 09:46 PM.

Frank

Comment

The root of the problem is not in history, it is in the present. Historical failures and malfeasance can be used to inform responses, but they don't address the here and now issues. Racism cannot be deemed dead, but black racists (whether or not they themselves are black) are simply blocking chances of resolution.
                          Not a meaningful response, and no you have not answered the question. ou may have made assertions compounded by denying the history of racism is intimately linked to the racism today, and it is the history of racism that is intimately linked to the high crime rate and poverty among blacks.

Frank

Comment

Not a meaningful response, and no you have not answered the question. ou may have made assertions compounded by denying the history of racism is intimately linked to the racism today, and it is the history of racism that is intimately linked to the high crime rate and poverty among blacks.
                            Historical failures and malfeasance can be used to inform responses, but they don't address the here and now issues. Racism cannot be deemed dead ...
                            That I am not ignoring history should have been self evident.
                            ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

That I am not ignoring history should have been self evident.
                              It's not enough that you're not ignoring the history of racism in the US. Unless you also agree with shuny on the issue your response will continue not being "meaningful". "Meaningful" in this instance is simply shorthand for "conceding whatever shuny is currently asserting".

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
                                It's not enough that you're not ignoring the history of racism in the US. Unless you also agree with shuny on the issue your response will continue not being "meaningful". "Meaningful" in this instance is simply shorthand for "conceding whatever shuny is currently asserting".
                                I think its more a matter of not ignoring racism, historical and present and world-wide. That approach is not acceptable or meaningful to people who want racism to be a whites-only-phenomenon.
                                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment