Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast

Thread: Police officers nationwide flagged for racist and violent social media posts

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post
    Actually no, it was the entire "white" bureaucracy of the government. The legislation passed by Congress unanimously and signed by the President did not exclude blacks from the benifits.

The "history" of racism is not determined by political party in history, but the reality is in the South the racism was more brutal and aggressive. The Democrats of the South were 'Old World racist Democrats.
    Thanks for the history lesson.

Still doesn't change the fact that blacks commit disproportionately more crimes than other racial groups. Now here's the thing you're not considering: this isn't an inevitability of history. Blacks as individuals and as a group can make different decisions
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    No you have not responded,, and responded with nonsense not addressing the continuum of the "history" of racism, It is not my fault you cannot read, think nor write coherently,

I do not hope you enjoy your obsesion of avoiding the "history" of racism as the foundation of racism today.
    Quite clearly, you're more interested in apportioning historical blame than considering possible ways to address current issues. Making history an excuse for current circumstances instead of working past them will only ensure that nothing changes. Reparations won't address the problems experienced by disadvantaged groups, giving them constructive assistance to work their way out of their difficulties will.
    1 Cor 15:34 εκνηψατε δικαιως και μη αμαρτανετε αγνωσιαν γαρ θεου τινες εχουσιν προς εντροπην υμιν λεγω

3. Amen MaxVel amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by tabibito View Post
    Quite clearly, you're more interested in apportioning historical blame than considering possible ways to address current issues. Making history an excuse for current circumstances instead of working past them will only ensure that nothing changes. Reparations won't address the problems experienced by disadvantaged groups, giving them constructive assistance to work their way out of their difficulties will.
    There is nothing in this thread has nothing to do with reparations nor whether we will or can work past the problems. At present there remains a failure to even acknowledge the problems and their roots in the continuum of the "history" in your responses and others.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    No you have not responded,, and responded with nonsense not addressing the continuum of the "history" of racism, It is not my fault you cannot read, think nor write coherently,

I do not hope you enjoy your obsesion of avoiding the "history" of racism as the foundation of racism today.
    I answered the question that was asked in the post I replied to. You just can't let go of your need to be more right than everyone else. Grow up.

PS: I miss your old pals Bob, Duck and Weave. When do we see them again?
    ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

6. Amen Chrawnus amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    There is nothing in this thread has nothing to do with reparations nor whether we will or can work past the problems. At present there remains a failure to even acknowledge the problems and their roots in the continuum of the "history" in your responses and others.
    The root of the problem is not in history, it is in the present. Historical failures and malfeasance can be used to inform responses, but they don't address the here and now issues. Racism cannot be deemed dead, but black racists (whether or not they themselves are black) are simply blocking chances of resolution.
    1 Cor 15:34 εκνηψατε δικαιως και μη αμαρτανετε αγνωσιαν γαρ θεου τινες εχουσιν προς εντροπην υμιν λεγω

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVel View Post
    I answered the question that was asked in the post I replied to. You just can't let go of your need to be more right than everyone else. Grow up.

PS: I miss your old pals Bob, Duck and Weave. When do we see them again?
    In your mirror. You have not made a coherent response answering the question.
    Last edited by shunyadragon; 07-01-2019 at 07:46 PM.
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The root of the problem is not in history, it is in the present. Historical failures and malfeasance can be used to inform responses, but they don't address the here and now issues. Racism cannot be deemed dead, but black racists (whether or not they themselves are black) are simply blocking chances of resolution.
    Not a meaningful response, and no you have not answered the question. ou may have made assertions compounded by denying the history of racism is intimately linked to the racism today, and it is the history of racism that is intimately linked to the high crime rate and poverty among blacks.

Frank

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Not a meaningful response, and no you have not answered the question. ou may have made assertions compounded by denying the history of racism is intimately linked to the racism today, and it is the history of racism that is intimately linked to the high crime rate and poverty among blacks.
    Historical failures and malfeasance can be used to inform responses, but they don't address the here and now issues. Racism cannot be deemed dead ...
    That I am not ignoring history should have been self evident.

11. Amen Chrawnus, Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    That I am not ignoring history should have been self evident.
    It's not enough that you're not ignoring the history of racism in the US. Unless you also agree with shuny on the issue your response will continue not being "meaningful". "Meaningful" in this instance is simply shorthand for "conceding whatever shuny is currently asserting".

13. Amen Adrift, One Bad Pig, MaxVel, Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrawnus View Post
    It's not enough that you're not ignoring the history of racism in the US. Unless you also agree with shuny on the issue your response will continue not being "meaningful". "Meaningful" in this instance is simply shorthand for "conceding whatever shuny is currently asserting".
    I think its more a matter of not ignoring racism, historical and present and world-wide. That approach is not acceptable or meaningful to people who want racism to be a whites-only-phenomenon.