Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Making "Julie" Stop calling about my non existant warranty.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Catholicity View Post
    They happen 5 and 6 times or more a day. "Julie" From the warranty department calls about the non-existent car warranty. Or the student loan forgiveness calls. Thankfully Congress stopped fighting long enough to MAKE THE CALLS STOP!!!

https://thehill.com/policy/technolog...egal-robocalls
    There was already a $10,000 fine (per call) for calling anyone on the no-call registry, but that hasn't stopped the telemarketers. Unless they actually make the phone companies block spoofed phone numbers, they will never be able to stop these callers, because they don't reveal where they are really calling from. They make the calls through the internet using spoofed phone numbers. So this is legislation without teeth.

ETA - I was wrong about the do not call fines.

" In addition, the FTC, FCC and various state officials have created a maze of rules and regulations that must be followed in order to avoid the costly federal fines of up to $16,000 ($40,000 beginning 08/01/16) and state fines of up to $25,000 per violation."
    http://www.donotcallcompliance.com/faq.html
    Last edited by Sparko; 06-10-2019 at 05:41 AM.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I keep getting random calls from numbers with various Kansas area codes (obviously spoofed). I blocked the first one after it called me 2-3 times and they just keep coming up with more numbers. It's some black preacher yelling about how how the devil is attacking me and "Press one! Press one now!" The first few times, I found it amusing.

At this point, I don't answer calls from 620 or 785 area codes.
    For what was given to everyone for the use of all, you have taken for your exclusive use. The earth belongs not to the rich, but to everyone. - Ambrose, 4th century AD

All cruelty springs from weakness. - Seneca the Younger

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I got like 6 or 8 phone calls from "Apple, Inc." within a span of a couple hours on Saturday saying there was an issue with one of my devices.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    I keep getting random calls from numbers with various Kansas area codes (obviously spoofed). I blocked the first one after it called me 2-3 times and they just keep coming up with more numbers. It's some black preacher yelling about how how the devil is attacking me and "Press one! Press one now!" The first few times, I found it amusing.

At this point, I don't answer calls from 620 or 785 area codes.
    That's really the only recourse. I don't answer any calls from any number I don't recognize. I let it go to voice mail. most of the spam callers won't leave a voice mail. And if it is someone trying to actually reach me, they will leave a message and I will call them back.

5. Amen mossrose amen'd this post.
    God, family, chicken! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    Mickiel?

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    Mickiel?
    Do we want to get into that? Really?
    1 Cor 15:34 εκνηψατε δικαιως και μη αμαρτανετε αγνωσιαν γαρ θεου τινες εχουσιν προς εντροπην υμιν λεγω

God, family, chicken! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by tabibito View Post
    It's a joke, Tab. I need some humor right now.

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

9. Amen rogue06 amen'd this post.
    Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by tabibito View Post
    Yes, we want to get into that.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    It's a joke, Tab. I need some humor right now.
    That was Tabibito emulating mickiel who would say, "and I want to get into that"