Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Reproductive Rights --- Protect - Defend - Extend

  1. #1
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    51,077
    Amen (Given)
    10988
    Amen (Received)
    23690

    Reproductive Rights --- Protect - Defend - Extend

    In the first place, it's really odd that a group dedicated to protecting, defending and extending abortion could be called "reproductive rights".

    They already have the right to reproduce - it's the right to terminate life without restriction for which they fight.

    And it's gone WAY beyond "safe, legal and rare" with the new slogan being "Protect - Defend - Extend".

    The campaign seeks to remove existing restrictions on abortion, with the PDF linked outlining some of these moves on page 21.

    REMOVING RESTRICTIONS ON ABORTION & CODIFYING THE RIGHT TO ABORTION

    More than a dozen states introduced legislation in 2018 to
    repeal abortion restrictions. One example is the Virginia General
    Assembly, which introduced both a House and Senate version
    of the Whole Woman’s Health Act. These companion bills repeal
    unconstitutional abortion restrictions and codify the legal right to
    abortion in state law.

    REMOVING RESTRICTIONS

    Missouri and Kentucky introduced legislation to repeal their mandatory delay
    requirements, allowing patients to receive abortion care more quickly.
    Arizona introduced a bill to repeal the state’s ban on using telemedicine to
    administer abortions, and lawmakers in Maine attempted to widen the scope of
    health care professionals allowed to perform abortions.
    --- this space intentionally left blank ---

  2. #2
    Thread Killer QuantaFille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Thulcandra
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,367
    Amen (Given)
    545
    Amen (Received)
    741
    Too bad none of them realise women already have the right to not get pregnant in the first place.
    Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

  3. #3
    Professor KingsGambit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Triangle
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,617
    Amen (Given)
    1570
    Amen (Received)
    4136
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaFille View Post
    Too bad none of them realise women already have the right to not get pregnant in the first place.
    I don't think we should use this argument against abortion because it backs us into a serious corner in the case of rape.
    For what was given to everyone for the use of all, you have taken for your exclusive use. The earth belongs not to the rich, but to everyone. - Ambrose, 4th century AD

    All cruelty springs from weakness. - Seneca the Younger

  4. Amen Roy amen'd this post.
  5. #4
    Thread Killer QuantaFille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Thulcandra
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,367
    Amen (Given)
    545
    Amen (Received)
    741
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    I don't think we should use this argument against abortion because it backs us into a serious corner in the case of rape.
    Rape accounts for a very tiny percentage of all abortions. Statistics show that most women who have abortions are using it as birth control. They either didn't use contraceptives at all, or didn't use it consistently or properly.
    Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

  6. Amen Christian3 amen'd this post.
  7. #5
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    48,877
    Amen (Given)
    1038
    Amen (Received)
    17622
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    In the first place, it's really odd that a group dedicated to protecting, defending and extending abortion could be called "reproductive rights".

    They already have the right to reproduce - it's the right to terminate life without restriction for which they fight.

    And it's gone WAY beyond "safe, legal and rare" with the new slogan being "Protect - Defend - Extend".

    The campaign seeks to remove existing restrictions on abortion, with the PDF linked outlining some of these moves on page 21.

    REMOVING RESTRICTIONS ON ABORTION & CODIFYING THE RIGHT TO ABORTION

    More than a dozen states introduced legislation in 2018 to
    repeal abortion restrictions. One example is the Virginia General
    Assembly, which introduced both a House and Senate version
    of the Whole Woman’s Health Act. These companion bills repeal
    unconstitutional abortion restrictions and codify the legal right to
    abortion in state law.

    REMOVING RESTRICTIONS

    Missouri and Kentucky introduced legislation to repeal their mandatory delay
    requirements, allowing patients to receive abortion care more quickly.
    Arizona introduced a bill to repeal the state’s ban on using telemedicine to
    administer abortions, and lawmakers in Maine attempted to widen the scope of
    health care professionals allowed to perform abortions.
    "Abortion care."

    What's next? Euthanasia treatment?

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

  8. #6
    tWebber Tassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Sydney/Phuket
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    10,963
    Amen (Given)
    2428
    Amen (Received)
    1740
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaFille View Post
    Rape accounts for a very tiny percentage of all abortions. Statistics show that most women who have abortions are using it as birth control. They either didn't use contraceptives at all, or didn't use it consistently or properly.
    Abortion will always be needed, so long as there are men who rape, so long as contraception remains imperfect, so long as 11-year-old girls can become pregnant,
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

  9. #7
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15,626
    Amen (Given)
    5494
    Amen (Received)
    5387
    I love how liberals try to present an air of tolerance and compassion when talking about possibly the most horrific procedure ever invented by the medical profession: the murder of innocent human life before it even has the chance to take a single breath.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  10. Amen Cow Poke, lee_merrill, One Bad Pig amen'd this post.
  11. #8
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    51,077
    Amen (Given)
    10988
    Amen (Received)
    23690
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    "Abortion care."

    What's next? Euthanasia treatment?
    The liberals are, indeed, the "culture of death" party.
    --- this space intentionally left blank ---

  12. #9
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    408
    Amen (Given)
    52
    Amen (Received)
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    In the first place, it's really odd that a group dedicated to protecting, defending and extending abortion could be called "reproductive rights".

    They already have the right to reproduce - it's the right to terminate life without restriction for which they fight.

    And it's gone WAY beyond "safe, legal and rare" with the new slogan being "Protect - Defend - Extend".

    The campaign seeks to remove existing restrictions on abortion, with the PDF linked outlining some of these moves on page 21.

    REMOVING RESTRICTIONS ON ABORTION & CODIFYING THE RIGHT TO ABORTION

    More than a dozen states introduced legislation in 2018 to
    repeal abortion restrictions. One example is the Virginia General
    Assembly, which introduced both a House and Senate version
    of the Whole Woman’s Health Act. These companion bills repeal
    unconstitutional abortion restrictions and codify the legal right to
    abortion in state law.

    REMOVING RESTRICTIONS

    Missouri and Kentucky introduced legislation to repeal their mandatory delay
    requirements, allowing patients to receive abortion care more quickly.
    Arizona introduced a bill to repeal the state’s ban on using telemedicine to
    administer abortions, and lawmakers in Maine attempted to widen the scope of
    health care professionals allowed to perform abortions.
    For a Christian doesn't it boil down to when life begins and if you believe life begins at conception then abortion is murder of a child?

  13. #10
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    51,077
    Amen (Given)
    10988
    Amen (Received)
    23690
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian3 View Post
    For a Christian doesn't it boil down to when life begins and if you believe life begins at conception then abortion is murder of a child?
    Apparently, the definition of "Christian" is wide open, and even includes a certain Mayor who defends abortion with no limitation whatsoever.
    --- this space intentionally left blank ---

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •