No announcement yet.

It is a good time to be a fan of rpgs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is a good time to be a fan of rpgs.

RPGs. I love em.

I was born in 1997. The same year final fantasy seven was released. It is now being remade.

Final fantasy 8 is being remastered.

Dragon quest 11 is getting its definitive edition.

Honestly, I love storytelling. Using our God given creativity is a beautiful thing.
    sigpic

I used to play World of Warcraft. A lot. like 6 hours a day sometimes. I realized it was getting to be an addiction so I stopped. You have to be careful of video games and remember there is a real world out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      I used to play World of Warcraft. A lot. like 6 hours a day sometimes. I realized it was getting to be an addiction so I stopped. You have to be careful of video games and remember there is a real world out there.
      I know. Honestly, I dont get the appeal of some games. I find that oftentimes there are times that I seem to just stay away from my hobbies for a bit.

I know what addiction can do to people.
      sigpic

Comment

I like games that are wrapped in history so that I (hopefully) learn something while I'm playing. I recently finished the RPG Kingdom Come: Deliverance, and it was phenomenal. Loaded with all sorts of historical facts and tidbits. Obviously a bit of it was dramatized to engage the player, but the game came with an in-game guide that would inform the player about notable people within the region, and how ordinary people lived in Bohemia in the 15th century vetted by actual historians. I did find a few slight inaccuracies in some of the religious points made, but other than that, it was a very faithful representation (for a video game anyways). Looking forward to the sequel, and I hope the popularity of games like this encourages other gaming companies to do more historical stuff like this.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
          RPGs. I love em.
          THESE?

rpg.jpg
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            THESE?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37610[/ATTACH]
            From Pop Mech:

Watch an RPG Blast Through 16 Inches of Bulletproof Glass
            00000000000000ars0.gif
            It's bulletproof glass—not rocket-propelled-grenade-proof glass

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

00000000000000ars0.gif

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment