Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Designer enzymes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lee_merrill View Post
    No, I asked some questions which have not yet been answered.
    You deflected and ran from the question you were asked so fast you left skid marks.

Here is the question again. Try to answer it honestly for a change:

Where are the effects of feedback from natural selection accounted for in your "calculations"?

HINT: the answer is you didn't include the effects at all because your "calculations" are based on the usual Creationist science-free stupidity. That's why they are completely worthless.

I just want to see how far you'll go to deny the obvious. Exposing Creationist dishonesty is always a win for the pro-science side.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
      The bottomline is taking into the natural determining factors that constrain the influence of the randomness of the occurence of each mutation event greatly increases the probability of the processes of evolution.
      Originally posted by HMS_Beagle
      Where are the effects of feedback from natural selection accounted for in your "calculations"?
      I selected a biomolecule that is not self-replicating, so it has to form randomly. You need replication and competition for natural selection, for evolution to work.

Blessings,
      Lee
      "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Comment

I selected a biomolecule that is not self-replicating, so it has to form randomly. You need replication and competition for natural selection, for evolution to work.
        Huh?!?!!?

Source: https://www.google.com/search?q=biomolecule+definition&oq=biomolecule&aqs=chrome.2.0j69i57j0l4.10039j1j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

biomolecule -A biomolecule or biological molecule is a loosely used term for molecules and ions present in organisms that are essential to one or more typically biological processes, such as cell division, morphogenesis, or development.

© Copyright Original Source

Biomolecules do not act alone in the biological processes of replecation. No, the formation of biomolecules are determined by chemistry of physiology not randomness. They do not form randomly.

Still the question has not been answered. Where are the effects of feedback from natural selection accounted for in your "calculations"?

Apparently you are changing the subject, not clear, 'arguing from ignorance' concerning what you perceive as unknown in abiogenesis concerning biomolecules(?) and not the science of evolution. In the physiology of life there is nothing random about biomolecules and role in the physiology and replication of cells.

Even in the chemical processes in the biomolecules the cause and effect evts are all that is random. The resulting reactions and products are determined by the Laws of Nature via the laws of chemistry. I mentioned before the limited reactions to achieve the desired geometry of organic chemistry is not random, would also be true in abiogenesis.
        Last edited by shunyadragon; 07-18-2019, 05:50 PM.

Comment

I selected a biomolecule that is not self-replicating, so it has to form randomly.
          No you didn't. You posted a 2001 paper you didn't read and don't understand describing the origin of self-replication

The RNA world hypothesis regarding the early evolution of life relies on the
          premise that some RNA sequences can catalyze RNA replication. In support of
          this conjecture, we describe here an RNA molecule that catalyzes the type of
          polymerization needed for RNA replication.
          The paper said nothing about the molecule having to form randomly by falling together all at once like your IDiot "calculations" require. That was your lie.

Keep up the lying for Jesus Lee. You'll guarantee your spot in Heaven.

Comment

Huh?!?!!?

Source: https://www.google.com/search?q=biomolecule+definition&oq=biomolecule&aqs=chrome.2.0j69i57j0l4.10039j1j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

biomolecule -A biomolecule or biological molecule is a loosely used term for molecules and ions present in organisms that are essential to one or more typically biological processes, such as cell division, morphogenesis, or development.

Biomolecules do not act alone in the biological processes. No, the formation of biomolecules are determined by chemistry of physiology. They do not form randomly.

Still the question has not been answered. Where are the effects of feedback from natural selection accounted for in your "calculations"?
            Lee has on his "Pants on Fire" hat today. He's busted and he knows it.

Comment

• If you are shifting the subject to the issue of abiogenesis and biomolecules. Well, yes there are many unknowns, which is a given concerning abiogenesis. . . . but yes, there are many advances in the science of abiogenesis that explain the role of the biomolecules in the primitive forms that lead to the first life forms as follows in this reference.

Source: https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2015/03/researchers-may-have-solved-origin-life-conundrum

Researchers may have solved origin-of-life conundrum

Comment

• Originally posted by HMS_Beagle View Post
                No you didn't. You posted a 2001 paper you didn't read and don't understand describing the origin of self-replication

Source: Johnston et. al.

The RNA world hypothesis regarding the early evolution of life relies on the
                premise that some RNA sequences can catalyze RNA replication. In support of
                this conjecture, we describe here an RNA molecule that catalyzes the type of
                polymerization needed for RNA replication.

Right, it's a catalyst for replicating RNA, so the ribozyme doesn't replicate.

The paper said nothing about the molecule having to form randomly by falling together all at once like your IDiot "calculations" require. That was your lie.
                Well, how else would the ribozyme form? It's not replicating, so natural selection is not involved.

Blessings,
                Lee
                "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Comment

Biomolecules do not act alone in the biological processes of replecation.
                  Certainly not.

No, the formation of biomolecules are determined by chemistry of physiology not randomness. They do not form randomly.
                  Yes, they do form randomly, if they do not replicate.

But repeating the question will not change my reply: I selected a biomolecule that is not self-replicating, so it has to form randomly. You need replication and competition for natural selection, for evolution to work.

Even in the chemical processes in the biomolecules the cause and effect evts are all that is random. The resulting reactions and products are determined by the Laws of Nature via the laws of chemistry. I mentioned before the limited reactions to achieve the desired geometry of organic chemistry is not random, would also be true in abiogenesis.
                  Well, what distribution would explain the interactions of molecules in solution, if not a uniform random one?

Blessings,
                  Lee

Comment

Right, it's a catalyst for replicating RNA, so the ribozyme doesn't replicate.

Well, how else would the ribozyme form? It's not replicating, so natural selection is not involved.

Blessings,
                    Lee
                    Your moving around the goal posts and basing your argument on the very jello-like 'argument of ignorance' concerning the the question of the origin of the ribosomes, and actually not reading the references, and NOT responding to the references, nor The Lurch,.

Source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2926754/

Origin and Evolution of the Ribosome

It may help if you read the whole article, and respond to the other posts and references you have avoided.

Comment

If you are shifting the subject to the issue of abiogenesis and biomolecules. Well, yes there are many unknowns, which is a given concerning abiogenesis. . . . but yes, there are many advances in the science of abiogenesis that explain the role of the biomolecules in the primitive forms that lead to the first life forms as follows in this reference.
                      Here they describe precursors to nucleotides and lipids and amino acids. In my example, I assume the presence of nucleotides in abundance. You still need a ribozyme to assemble, for instance.

Blessings,
                      Lee

Comment

Here they describe precursors to nucleotides and lipids and amino acids. In my example, I assume the presence of nucleotides in abundance. You still need a ribozyme to assemble, for instance.

Blessings,
                        Lee
                        You need to read the references and respond coherently, which you have failed to do. You are trying to herd jelly fish.

Comment

Yes, they do form randomly, if they do not replicate.
                          Ribosomes form by the Laws of Nature reflected in the laws of chemistry.

But repeating the question will not change my reply: I selected a biomolecule that is not self-replicating, so it has to form randomly. You need replication and competition for natural selection, for evolution to work.
                          The original ribosomes from by organic chemistry and not replication. It is understood that ribosomes do not replicate themselves.

You have not responded to the references. It is more than obvious that you do not understand them.

Well, what distribution would explain the interactions of molecules in solution, if not a uniform random one?
                          No the laws of nature reflected in chemistry determine the interactions of the molecules.

Comment

Your moving around the goal posts and basing your argument on the very jello-like 'argument of ignorance' concerning the the question of the origin of the ribosomes, and actually not reading the references, and NOT responding to the references, nor The Lurch,.

It may help if you read the whole article, and respond to the other posts and references you have avoided.
                            Lee still has his "Pants On Fire" hat on. He isn't interested in learning the science, just preaching. Same as it always is with Dory.

Comment

Ribosomes form by the Laws of Nature reflected in the laws of chemistry.
                              But I was talking about a ribozyme, not a ribosome. The ribosome is much more complex.

You have not responded to the references. It is more than obvious that you do not understand them.
                              Which references have I not responded to, though?

No the laws of nature reflected in chemistry determine the interactions of the molecules.
                              Which laws of nature? I believe that molecular interactions in a chemical reaction are characterized by a uniform probability distribution.

Blessings,
                              Lee

Comment

Again, I was estimating the creation of a ribozyme, not a ribosome.

Blessings,
                                Lee

Comment