Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another Backdoor Attack On Guns Rights...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The only time a gun manufacturer should be held liable is if there is a manufacturing defect that they should have or did know about and it causes the gun to misfire and kill someone.

This is nothing but grandstanding, it would never pass, but the democrats can say "see we want to help you but the republicans wont' let us!"

Even if such a bill passed into law, it would be struck down the by the justice system. There is no conceivable way you can blame the manufacturer for someone using their product illegally.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post

Even if such a bill passed into law, it would be struck down the by the justice system.
    I don't trust emotional juries...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    I don't trust emotional juries...
    Wouldn't have to. If it even got to a trial, it would probably be appealed up to SCOTUS and overturned.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Ah looking at the bill:
    https://schiff.house.gov/imo/media/doc/One-pager.pdf

They are being really sneaky. They are not trying to pass a new law, but to repeal an old one. The one that protects firearm manufacturers from frivolous civil suits. The goal is that once repealed the firearms manufacturers would be inundated with frivolous suits, which even if the plaintiffs didn't have a chance to win, would cost the gun manufacturers so much that they would either be driven out of business or would have to charge so much for their guns that no one could afford them.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Ah looking at the bill:
    https://schiff.house.gov/imo/media/doc/One-pager.pdf

They are being really sneaky. They are not trying to pass a new law, but to repeal an old one. The one that protects firearm manufacturers from frivolous civil suits. The goal is that once repealed the firearms manufacturers would be inundated with frivolous suits, which even if the plaintiffs didn't have a chance to win, would cost the gun manufacturers so much that they would either be driven out of business or would have to charge so much for their guns that no one could afford them.
    Kinda like suing the cake baker over and over, even if you lose, it costs him money to defend himself.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Kinda like suing the cake baker over and over, even if you lose, it costs him money to defend himself.
    To quote a famous preacher I know: EGGZactly!

7. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    That's what the school system was hoping would happen to ME when they had me arrested for homeschooling back in the early 80's. The then Texas Attorney General had put out word that middle income and lower homeschoolers in "rich" school districts should be prosecuted. One of the Christian recipients of that memo forwarded it to me, and I was prepared to use it at my trial.

Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    A gun is a weapon, a motor car is not. People need to appreciate that there is a causal link between the gun company’s profit and these, here, dead folks. When you buy a gun, thus sustaining the gun manufacturer, and delighting the NRA, you are simultaneously buying a dead person, or part thereof, only, the corpse is not packed with the gun, because of the smell.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by firstfloor View Post
    A gun is a weapon, a motor car is not.
    A gun doesn't always have to be used as a weapon, nor can it harm anybody on its own.
    It actually happens that 'motor cars' are, indeed, used as weapons. Even jihadist ones!

People need to appreciate that there is a causal link between the gun company’s profit and these, here, dead folks. When you buy a gun, thus sustaining the gun manufacturer, and delighting the NRA, you are simultaneously buying a dead person, or part thereof, only, the corpse is not packed with the gun, because of the smell.
    You really are amusing at times.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by firstfloor View Post
    A gun is a weapon, a motor car is not. People need to appreciate that there is a causal link between the gun company’s profit and these, here, dead folks. When you buy a gun, thus sustaining the gun manufacturer, and delighting the NRA, you are simultaneously buying a dead person, or part thereof, only, the corpse is not packed with the gun, because of the smell.
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do.