Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Another Backdoor Attack On Guns Rights...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Kinda like suing the cake baker over and over, even if you lose, it costs him money to defend himself.
    To quote a famous preacher I know: EGGZactly!

Comment

Kinda like suing the cake baker over and over, even if you lose, it costs him money to defend himself.
      That's what the school system was hoping would happen to ME when they had me arrested for homeschooling back in the early 80's. The then Texas Attorney General had put out word that middle income and lower homeschoolers in "rich" school districts should be prosecuted. One of the Christian recipients of that memo forwarded it to me, and I was prepared to use it at my trial.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

A gun is a weapon, a motor car is not. People need to appreciate that there is a causal link between the gun company’s profit and these, here, dead folks. When you buy a gun, thus sustaining the gun manufacturer, and delighting the NRA, you are simultaneously buying a dead person, or part thereof, only, the corpse is not packed with the gun, because of the smell.
        “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
        “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
        “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
          A gun is a weapon, a motor car is not.
          A gun doesn't always have to be used as a weapon, nor can it harm anybody on its own.
          It actually happens that 'motor cars' are, indeed, used as weapons. Even jihadist ones!

People need to appreciate that there is a causal link between the gun company’s profit and these, here, dead folks. When you buy a gun, thus sustaining the gun manufacturer, and delighting the NRA, you are simultaneously buying a dead person, or part thereof, only, the corpse is not packed with the gun, because of the smell.
          You really are amusing at times.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
            A gun is a weapon, a motor car is not. People need to appreciate that there is a causal link between the gun company’s profit and these, here, dead folks. When you buy a gun, thus sustaining the gun manufacturer, and delighting the NRA, you are simultaneously buying a dead person, or part thereof, only, the corpse is not packed with the gun, because of the smell.
            Guns don't kill people, bullets do.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              Guns don't kill people, bullets do.
              That's why Clinton's Surgeon General, Joycelyn Elders, declared "We need safer weapons and safer bullets".

Comment

That's why Clinton's Surgeon General, Joycelyn Elders, declared "We need safer weapons and safer bullets".
                I am surprised that the left hasn't tried to just ignore gun restrictions altogether and just tried to ban bullets. They could argue that the 2nd amendment doesn't cover ammunition or something.

Comment

I am surprised that the left hasn't tried to just ignore gun restrictions altogether and just tried to ban bullets. They could argue that the 2nd amendment doesn't cover ammunition or something.
                  Maybe they realize that the guns number in the millions, and the bullets in the hundreds of millions. I'm waiting for the notice that the government wants to trade all my ammo for "safer ammo".

Comment

Maybe they realize that the guns number in the millions, and the bullets in the hundreds of millions. I'm waiting for the notice that the government wants to trade all my ammo for "safer ammo".
                    rubber bullets?

Comment

rubber bullets?
                      I already have some of those. And bean bag rounds for shotgun (well, it's more like a small handheld mortar)

Comment