Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim Acosta has 'never witnessed' news outlets trying 'to damage one particular party'

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Jim Acosta has 'never witnessed' news outlets trying 'to damage one particular party'

---
    CNN’s Jim Acosta says he has never witnessed an instance where new outlets try to “damage one particular party or help another.”

The network’s chief White House correspondent — a persistent critic of President Trump — told Publishers Weekly magazine that his peers, from what he’s witnessed, have always been straight shooters when it comes to covering the White House.

“Is there a grain of truth to claims of biased coverage of President Trump and his supporters by the mainstream media?” the magazine asked in an interview published Tuesday.

“I have never witnessed a concerted effort by any news organization to take a stand one way or the other on a political issue, to damage one particular party or help another,” he responded. “We have been far more honest and straightforward with the American people than President Trump has. Are there times when we fall short? Sure. But the press issues corrections. When was the last time you saw the president issue a correction or a clarification? It’s a rare thing for Donald J. Trump.”

Mr. Acosta’s response came while promoting his book “The Enemy of the People,” which excoriates the Trump administration.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...utlets-trying/
    ----

Surprisingly this is NOT a Babylon Bee article.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    bless is little pea-pickin heart
    DuckDuckGo - Privacy Simplified

Professor and Chaplain Littlejoe's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Just another example of how the media elitists are out of touch with the average Joe.
    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    During the McCain/Obama race and later Romeny/Obama, there studies done that showed that for every one positive story about Obama's opponents, there were four about Obama, and for every one negative story about Obama, there were four about his opponents.

I'm not sure what the coverage disparity was between Hillary and Trump.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlejoe View Post
    Just another example of how the media elitists are out of touch with the average Joe.
    This guy is out of touch with reality, in general.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    ---
    CNN’s Jim Acosta says he has never witnessed an instance where new outlets try to “damage one particular party or help another.”

The network’s chief White House correspondent — a persistent critic of President Trump — told Publishers Weekly magazine that his peers, from what he’s witnessed, have always been straight shooters when it comes to covering the White House.

“Is there a grain of truth to claims of biased coverage of President Trump and his supporters by the mainstream media?” the magazine asked in an interview published Tuesday.

“I have never witnessed a concerted effort by any news organization to take a stand one way or the other on a political issue, to damage one particular party or help another,” he responded. “We have been far more honest and straightforward with the American people than President Trump has. Are there times when we fall short? Sure. But the press issues corrections. When was the last time you saw the president issue a correction or a clarification? It’s a rare thing for Donald J. Trump.”

Mr. Acosta’s response came while promoting his book “The Enemy of the People,” which excoriates the Trump administration.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...utlets-trying/
    ----

Surprisingly this is NOT a Babylon Bee article.
    The problem is that Trump consistently says really lame and stupid things - like that on his watch the CIA would not have been allowed to recruit Jim Jong Un's brother - and they call him on it.

So if a person is deluded into thinking Trump doesn't consistently say really lame and stupid things, they tend think the reporters are biased against him.

Jim
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    The problem is that Trump consistently says really lame and stupid things - like that on his watch the CIA would not have been allowed to recruit Jim Jong Un's brother - and they call him on it.

So if a person is deluded into thinking Trump doesn't consistently say really lame and stupid things, they tend think the reporters are biased against him.

Jim
    Yet even if that is true, Acosta's remarks still are not. The MSM has been focused on and attacking Trump for the last 3 years. This thread is about Acosta and his comments, not what Trump has done or not done. And it is not a serious thread Jim, so lighten up.

8. Amen Cerebrum123, RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Yet even if that is true, Acosta's remarks still are not. The MSM has been focused on and attacking Trump for the last 3 years. This thread is about Acosta and his comments, not what Trump has done or not done. And it is not a serious thread Jim, so lighten up.
    ox is under the same delusion as Acosta, that Trump really is the most horrible person ever, and that the media is doing nothing more than reporting the truth dispassionately and without bias, which I'm not sure how anybody could say that with a straight face.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    riggggghhhht: Jim comments on thread. Thread is about trump. -> tell jim to go away.

My comment is in the same 'spirit' as the thread. So YOU lighten up.

Jim
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlejoe View Post
    Is he also out of touch with the little Joes?

12. Amen Cow Poke, Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.