Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 52

Thread: Jim Acosta has 'never witnessed' news outlets trying 'to damage one particular party'

  1. #31
    tWebber tabibito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    DownUnder
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,958
    Amen (Given)
    202
    Amen (Received)
    851
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    You don't appear to be reasoning well at this moment. Trump lies so often that anyone reporting the truth will have to confront a lie of Trumps.

    This simple fact does not in anyone's universe equate to 'there isn't a single nice or good thing ever to be said about Trump'.

    It just means he lies so much that anyone reporting the truth is bound to bump up against it and be required to call him on it. That forces the relationship to be adversarial.

    Jim
    And yet, these oh so honest media types found themselves at a loss for negative things to say about Trump when he was in Japan one time, that they had to air a doctored video to make him look bad, and gave an entirely fake write-up to support a negative news-story. It isn't the only time that they were caught out - just one so obviously egregious example of how far they are willing to go to undermine Trump that their credibility is dust. Until the Koi-feeding affair, I had my doubts about the impartiality of reporting - since then, I have had none. The blatant lies said about him become ever more blatant as the media becomes ever more desperate - and irrelevant.
    1 Cor 15:34 εκνηψατε δικαιως και μη αμαρτανετε αγνωσιαν γαρ θεου τινες εχουσιν προς εντροπην υμιν λεγω

  2. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
  3. #32
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,776
    Amen (Given)
    262
    Amen (Received)
    1448
    Quote Originally Posted by tabibito View Post
    And yet, these oh so honest media types found themselves at a loss for negative things to say about Trump when he was in Japan one time, that they had to air a doctored video to make him look bad, and gave an entirely fake write-up to support a negative news-story. It isn't the only time that they were caught out - just one so obviously egregious example of how far they are willing to go to undermine Trump that their credibility is dust. Until the Koi-feeding affair, I had my doubts about the impartiality of reporting - since then, I have had none. The blatant lies said about him become ever more blatant as the media becomes ever more desperate - and irrelevant.
    Never said they were 'oh so honest'. I said that trump presents a situation where no legitimate journalist is going to be able to avoid an adversarial relationship because their job is to report the truth.

    Jim
    OK - maybe there are 'some' friends

  4. #33
    tWebber tabibito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    DownUnder
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,958
    Amen (Given)
    202
    Amen (Received)
    851
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Never said they were 'oh so honest'. I said that trump presents a situation where no legitimate journalist is going to be able to avoid an adversarial relationship because their job is to report the truth.

    Jim
    And of course, reporting the truth includes doctoring video to make sure that they can cast him in a negative light and have something to criticise him for. Also to declare that he supports ultra-right groups because he expresses disfavour for ultra-left and ultra-right in equal measure, and in the same sentence.
    1 Cor 15:34 εκνηψατε δικαιως και μη αμαρτανετε αγνωσιαν γαρ θεου τινες εχουσιν προς εντροπην υμιν λεγω

  5. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
  6. #34
    What's that? lilpixieofterror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    8,774
    Amen (Given)
    1481
    Amen (Received)
    2945
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Never said they were 'oh so honest'. I said that trump presents a situation where no legitimate journalist is going to be able to avoid an adversarial relationship because their job is to report the truth.

    Jim
    The media is so darn honest that they:

    - edited a 911 call to leave out the 911 operator asking for race to make the caller seem like a racist than referred to the same man, who was Latino, as ‘a white Latino’.
    - published a fake rape story that got a bunch of innocent men in trouble that basic fact checking would have destroyed.
    - spent years perusing a fake story about the Trump campaign working with the Russians.
    - presented a false narrative about a black kid, shot by police, that painted the officer as a racist.
    - published a poorly researched story about Trump that lacked basic fact checking.
    - lied about a bunch of teens in an attempt to paint them as racist because they were wearing a Trump hat. Than sent the outrage internet mob after them based on doctored videos and lies.
    - gave hundreds of hours of air time to a con artist lawyer that swindled millions of dollars from his clients.
    - protected a serial sexual assaulter, among their ranks, for years.

    This is just a tiny sample of the reality that the media is filled with a bunch of con artist, living in glass houses, casting stones. While Trump isn’t the most honest person ever, the media is no better. Difference is, you don’t care if the media lies to you all the time.
    Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 06-14-2019 at 05:06 AM.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

  7. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
  8. #35
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15,948
    Amen (Given)
    5522
    Amen (Received)
    5496
    Quote Originally Posted by tabibito View Post
    And yet, these oh so honest media types found themselves at a loss for negative things to say about Trump when he was in Japan one time, that they had to air a doctored video to make him look bad, and gave an entirely fake write-up to support a negative news-story. It isn't the only time that they were caught out - just one so obviously egregious example of how far they are willing to go to undermine Trump that their credibility is dust. Until the Koi-feeding affair, I had my doubts about the impartiality of reporting - since then, I have had none. The blatant lies said about him become ever more blatant as the media becomes ever more desperate - and irrelevant.
    And on the flip side, why did we so rarely see critical reporting of Obama even when it was warranted?
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  9. #36
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    49,634
    Amen (Given)
    1055
    Amen (Received)
    17872
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    And on the flip side, why did we so rarely see critical reporting of Obama even when it was warranted?
    A. The MSM was head over heels in love with their Obamessiah

    2: Those who weren't were afraid of being called racist[1]

    c) And for those who still had the gall to do so, Obama sicced the federal government on them.








    1. The reason that late night comics shied away from poking fun at Obama for the first two years of his Administration and instead kept telling George W. Bush jokes.

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

  10. #37
    tWebber Adrift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,975
    Amen (Given)
    6497
    Amen (Received)
    6316
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Sorry - no deal. And I disagree that the MSM 'has been targeting him for 3 years'. Rather, Trump has continuously engaged in negative, lying behavior that has to be covered and exposed for what it is. The press is required to report the truth. Since trump lies about almost everything, they are forced to report the truth behind what he is lying about. There really is no other way to cover trump than in an adversarial way. He's a messenger of falsehoods and deception and he wants everyone around him to go along with those lies and deceptions. What else can they do?


    Jim
    I don't see why it has to be an either/or. I think that Trump continuously says dumb things, and lies a lot (most of which are based in braggadocio and saving face), but that the media also exaggerates their claims about him. I hate that, because as much as I don't care for him, I'd rather that the media simply be honest. There's plenty to dislike about him or his policies without making stuff up. I listen to NPR pretty regularly, and they absolutely can't not put the worst spin on everything he says whether it's deserved or not. Just be freaking objective. Is that so hard? But the news is more and more about preaching to the choir, and telling their demographic what they want to hear rather than reporting the news unbiased and fairly.

  11. #38
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    51,871
    Amen (Given)
    11242
    Amen (Received)
    24004
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrift View Post
    I don't see why it has to be an either/or. I think that Trump continuously says dumb things, and lies a lot (most of which are based in braggadocio and saving face), but that the media also exaggerates their claims about him. I hate that, because as much as I don't care for him, I'd rather that the media simply be honest. There's plenty to dislike about him or his policies without making stuff up. I listen to NPR pretty regularly, and they absolutely can't not put the worst spin on everything he says whether it's deserved or not. Just be freaking objective. Is that so hard? But the news is more and more about preaching to the choir, and telling their demographic what they want to hear rather than reporting the news unbiased and fairly.
    This has always annoyed me --- when your opponent or target has enough faults of his own, why go overboard and exaggerate and obfuscate? Why not just lay out the facts calmly and plainly? That's when the "bias" becomes so incredibly clear - when you have to go way beyond the facts to make whatever case you're trying to make.
    I have called you my friends.... Jesus
    Jn 15:15

  12. #39
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15,948
    Amen (Given)
    5522
    Amen (Received)
    5496
    A lot of media these days is "news and commentary" with a heavy emphasis on the latter. I don't need anyone to "analyze" the news for me. Just report the straight facts and let me figure it out on my own!
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  13. #40
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    51,871
    Amen (Given)
    11242
    Amen (Received)
    24004
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    A lot of media these days is "news and commentary" with a heavy emphasis on the latter. I don't need anyone to "analyze" the news for me. Just report the straight facts and let me figure it out on my own!
    There used to be at least a hint of 'balance' when a news reporter would attempt to get "both sides".

    Then, particularly in matters regarding religion, it seemed they'd find a very articulate spokesperson for the "against" side, and the most inarticulate ignorant "Christian" for the "for" side.

    Now, they just make things up! Who was it who said, recently, that all pretense of fairness had to go*?





    *my own dear brudder will be along shortly to provide the answer to this gripping question
    Last edited by Cow Poke; 06-14-2019 at 06:46 AM.
    I have called you my friends.... Jesus
    Jn 15:15

  14. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •