Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Jim Acosta has 'never witnessed' news outlets trying 'to damage one particular party'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    You don't appear to be reasoning well at this moment. Trump lies so often that anyone reporting the truth will have to confront a lie of Trumps.

This simple fact does not in anyone's universe equate to 'there isn't a single nice or good thing ever to be said about Trump'.

It just means he lies so much that anyone reporting the truth is bound to bump up against it and be required to call him on it. That forces the relationship to be adversarial.

Jim
    You are kind of assuming your own conclusion when it comes to Trump. It ends up being nothing but question begging.

You assume Trump is the devil incarnate so that means that everyone reporting that he is the devil incarnate is only telling the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      You are kind of assuming your own conclusion when it comes to Trump. It ends up being nothing but question begging.

You assume Trump is the devil incarnate so that means that everyone reporting that he is the devil incarnate is only telling the truth.
      No sparko. In simple terms a implies b does not necessarily equate to b imples a.

A reporter of the truth will be at odds with trump does not imply every reporter at odds with Trump is a reporter of the truth.

Jim
      Last edited by oxmixmudd; 06-14-2019, 03:54 PM.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
        Yep. I don't think that the news has ever been bias-free, but 40 years ago we got a much fuller story simply because it took so long to get the news to the audience. That, by itself, cut down a lot of the nonsense speculation, and goof-ball half truths. Getting the news out there before all the facts come in means that the narrative can be controlled, and people usually only care about the news as it breaks, not once all the facts come in. But there's no way of reversing the current trend.
        Massive solar flare destroying the bulk of the world's electronics?

But that would probably be reported as "Trump's rants provoke Sun into measured response"
        ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
          No sparko. In simple terms a implies b does not necessarily equate to b imples a.

A reporter of the truth will be at odds with trump does not imply every reporter at odds with Trump is a reporter of the truth.

Jim
          So you admit a bunch of them are liars?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            So you admit a bunch of them are liars?
            Nope. Not a logical consequence of anything said so far.

Jim
            Last edited by oxmixmudd; 06-15-2019, 02:26 PM.
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
              Massive solar flare destroying the bulk of the world's electronics?

But that would probably be reported as "Trump's rants provoke Sun into measured response"
              Nah, they'd blame it on Trump's soft response to "glo-bull warming".
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Jim Acosta really should become a front man for Lenscrafters.

he's got the presentation and camera skills, and he's clearly got eyesight problems.
                ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment