Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Jim Acosta has 'never witnessed' news outlets trying 'to damage one particular party'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    No. Journalists are not biased in their focus on him. He invites it, demands it. If they were not focused on him, they would not be doing their jobs. In fact, NOT reporting the absurdities that are Trump would reflect bias, not the other way 'round. In states like China and Russia, leaders can't be criticized for the bad things they do. The media is not allowed to focus in on corrupt leaders that do not act in the best interests of their country. That is not true in the US.

Jim
    well it is true he invites it. He has them wrapped around his little finger. Anytime he wants to be in the new cycle, he just pops out a tweet and the entire MSM drops everything to report and scoff at him for the next few day. When they calm down, he just sends out another tweet.

But the result is exactly what Acosta denies: They spend all of their time on Trump. And their goal is to mock and damage him. They hate him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      So, what is the color of the sky in your world?
      Blue (on a sunny day anyway) - just like yours.

Jim
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        well it is true he invites it. He has them wrapped around his little finger. Anytime he wants to be in the new cycle, he just pops out a tweet and the entire MSM drops everything to report and scoff at him for the next few day. When they calm down, he just sends out another tweet.

But the result is exactly what Acosta denies: They spend all of their time on Trump. And their goal is to mock and damage him. They hate him.
        Trump keeps doing stupid things. So he keeps the negative focus on him. And the negative things he does completely overshadow any positive stuff, so there you go.

Jim
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Trump keeps doing stupid things. So he keeps the negative focus on him. And the negative things he does completely overshadow any positive stuff, so there you go.

Jim
          OK more slooowly... EVEN IF Trump is at fault, the result is that the MSM has been targeting him for 3 years and denigrating him, which is exactly what Acosta said they were not doing. They take the liberal side on most issues. They are biased.

Comment

OK more slooowly... EVEN IF Trump is at fault, the result is that the MSM has been targeting him for 3 years and denigrating him, which is exactly what Acosta said they were not doing. They take the liberal side on most issues. They are biased.
            Sorry - no deal. And I disagree that the MSM 'has been targeting him for 3 years'. Rather, Trump has continuously engaged in negative, lying behavior that has to be covered and exposed for what it is. The press is required to report the truth. Since trump lies about almost everything, they are forced to report the truth behind what he is lying about. There really is no other way to cover trump than in an adversarial way. He's a messenger of falsehoods and deception and he wants everyone around him to go along with those lies and deceptions. What else can they do?

Jim

Comment

Sorry - no deal. And I disagree that the MSM 'has been targeting him for 3 years'. Rather, Trump has continuously engaged in negative, lying behavior that has to be covered and exposed for what it is. The press is required to report the truth. Since trump lies about almost everything, they are forced to report the truth behind what he is lying about. There really is no other way to cover trump than in an adversarial way. He's a messenger of falsehoods and deception and he wants everyone around him to go along with those lies and deceptions. What else can they do?

Jim
              So you are saying that they have obsessed over Trump for 3 years in an adversarial way then?

Comment

So you are saying that they have obsessed over Trump for 3 years in an adversarial way then?

No. I'm saying it's the press' job to report the truth. Any one reporting the truth and interacting with trump will appear to be in an adversarial relationship with Donald Trump. Because the Truth itself is in an adversarial relationship with Donald Trump. Just look at the number of advisers and cabinet members that have left on bad terms with trump because they would not cross a line on what it true verses what trump wanted to hear!

And that is what Acosta is saying. The apparent hostility that you rally around is nothing more than what happens when the truth meets Donald Trump. They are mortal enemies.

Jim

Comment

No. I'm saying it's the press' job to report the truth. Any one reporting the truth and interacting with trump will appear to be in an adversarial relationship with Donald Trump. Because the Truth itself is in an adversarial relationship with Donald Trump. Just look at the number of advisers and cabinet members that have left on bad terms with trump because they would not cross a line on what it true verses what trump wanted to hear!

And that is what Acosta is saying. The apparent hostility that you rally around is nothing more than what happens when the truth meets Donald Trump. They are mortal enemies.

Jim
                  Thus you prove again, All of us are better off trying to teach a pig to sing than attempting to have a conversation with you about Trump because you’re incapable of being objective.
                  "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                    Thus you prove again, All of us are better off trying to teach a pig to sing than attempting to have a conversation with you about Trump because you’re incapable of being objective.
                    You of all people are not one to talk about being impossible to rationally converse with.
                    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                      You of all people are not one to talk about being impossible to rationally converse with.
                      I’m not the one saying there is literally not a single nice thing to be said about a political opponent, ever.
                      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

I’m not the one saying there is literally not a single nice thing to be said about a political opponent, ever.
                        Can you find me actually saying that?

I didn't think so.

And I have complimented him on his support for Israel, and on these pages. But you missed that I guess.

Trump's adversarial relationship with the truth is not anything new, nor is it anything that isn't obvious to the majority of the people observing him over time.

Jim
                        Last edited by oxmixmudd; 06-13-2019, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Jim
                          This seems to be an admission on your part that the media deliberately avoids reporting positively about Trump in order to focus on the negative. That sounds like bias to me.

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Can you find me actually saying that?

I didn't think so.

Trump's adversarial relationship with the truth is not anything new, nor is it anything that isn't obvious to the majority of the people observing him over time.

Jim
                            Your words:

“Any one reporting the truth and interacting with trump will appear to be in an adversarial relationship with Donald Trump.”

So there isn’t a single nice or good thing ever, to be said about Trump?
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Your words:

“Any one reporting the truth and interacting with trump will appear to be in an adversarial relationship with Donald Trump.”

So there isn’t a single nice or good thing ever, to be said about Trump?
                              You don't appear to be reasoning well at this moment. Trump lies so often that anyone reporting the truth will have to confront a lie of Trumps.

This simple fact does not in anyone's universe equate to 'there isn't a single nice or good thing ever to be said about Trump'.

It just means he lies so much that anyone reporting the truth is bound to bump up against it and be required to call him on it. That forces the relationship to be adversarial.

Jim
                              Last edited by oxmixmudd; 06-13-2019, 05:29 PM.

Comment

You don't appear to be reasoning well at this moment. Trump lies so often that anyone reporting the truth will have to confront a lie of Trumps.

This simple fact does not in anyone's universe equate to 'there isn't a single nice or good thing ever to be said about Trump'.

It just means he lies so much that anyone reporting the truth is bound to bump up against it and be required to call him on it. That forces the relationship to be adversarial.

Jim
                                Or you’re being fed a narrative where Trump is the worst thing ever and anything good is ignored or covered up. If this isn’t true, show me an article on CNN’s main page that depicts Trump in a good light. Can you?
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment