Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim Acosta has 'never witnessed' news outlets trying 'to damage one particular party'

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Sorry - no deal. And I disagree that the MSM 'has been targeting him for 3 years'. Rather, Trump has continuously engaged in negative, lying behavior that has to be covered and exposed for what it is. The press is required to report the truth. Since trump lies about almost everything, they are forced to report the truth behind what he is lying about. There really is no other way to cover trump than in an adversarial way. He's a messenger of falsehoods and deception and he wants everyone around him to go along with those lies and deceptions. What else can they do?

Jim
    So you are saying that they have obsessed over Trump for 3 years in an adversarial way then?

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    So you are saying that they have obsessed over Trump for 3 years in an adversarial way then?

No. I'm saying it's the press' job to report the truth. Any one reporting the truth and interacting with trump will appear to be in an adversarial relationship with Donald Trump. Because the Truth itself is in an adversarial relationship with Donald Trump. Just look at the number of advisers and cabinet members that have left on bad terms with trump because they would not cross a line on what it true verses what trump wanted to hear!

And that is what Acosta is saying. The apparent hostility that you rally around is nothing more than what happens when the truth meets Donald Trump. They are mortal enemies.

Jim
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    No. I'm saying it's the press' job to report the truth. Any one reporting the truth and interacting with trump will appear to be in an adversarial relationship with Donald Trump. Because the Truth itself is in an adversarial relationship with Donald Trump. Just look at the number of advisers and cabinet members that have left on bad terms with trump because they would not cross a line on what it true verses what trump wanted to hear!

And that is what Acosta is saying. The apparent hostility that you rally around is nothing more than what happens when the truth meets Donald Trump. They are mortal enemies.

Jim
    Thus you prove again, All of us are better off trying to teach a pig to sing than attempting to have a conversation with you about Trump because you’re incapable of being objective.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    Thus you prove again, All of us are better off trying to teach a pig to sing than attempting to have a conversation with you about Trump because you’re incapable of being objective.
    You of all people are not one to talk about being impossible to rationally converse with.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

5. Amen Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    You of all people are not one to talk about being impossible to rationally converse with.
    I’m not the one saying there is literally not a single nice thing to be said about a political opponent, ever.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

7. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I’m not the one saying there is literally not a single nice thing to be said about a political opponent, ever.
    Can you find me actually saying that?

I didn't think so.

And I have complimented him on his support for Israel, and on these pages. But you missed that I guess.

Trump's adversarial relationship with the truth is not anything new, nor is it anything that isn't obvious to the majority of the people observing him over time.

Jim
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 06-13-2019 at 03:04 PM.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Trump keeps doing stupid things. So he keeps the negative focus on him. And the negative things he does completely overshadow any positive stuff, so there you go.

Jim
    This seems to be an admission on your part that the media deliberately avoids reporting positively about Trump in order to focus on the negative. That sounds like bias to me.

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

10. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Can you find me actually saying that?

I didn't think so.

Trump's adversarial relationship with the truth is not anything new, nor is it anything that isn't obvious to the majority of the people observing him over time.

Jim
    Your words:

“Any one reporting the truth and interacting with trump will appear to be in an adversarial relationship with Donald Trump.”

So there isn’t a single nice or good thing ever, to be said about Trump?
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Your words:

“Any one reporting the truth and interacting with trump will appear to be in an adversarial relationship with Donald Trump.”

So there isn’t a single nice or good thing ever, to be said about Trump?
    You don't appear to be reasoning well at this moment. Trump lies so often that anyone reporting the truth will have to confront a lie of Trumps.

This simple fact does not in anyone's universe equate to 'there isn't a single nice or good thing ever to be said about Trump'.

It just means he lies so much that anyone reporting the truth is bound to bump up against it and be required to call him on it. That forces the relationship to be adversarial.

Jim
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 06-13-2019 at 03:29 PM.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    You don't appear to be reasoning well at this moment. Trump lies so often that anyone reporting the truth will have to confront a lie of Trumps.

This simple fact does not in anyone's universe equate to 'there isn't a single nice or good thing ever to be said about Trump'.

It just means he lies so much that anyone reporting the truth is bound to bump up against it and be required to call him on it. That forces the relationship to be adversarial.

Jim
    Or you’re being fed a narrative where Trump is the worst thing ever and anything good is ignored or covered up. If this isn’t true, show me an article on CNN’s main page that depicts Trump in a good light. Can you?
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy