Thread: And can you still support him?

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

And can you still support him?

Consider these two events:

1) Trump asserts that he would have never allowed the CIA to recruit Kim Jong Un's brother (despite later attempts to claim that is not what he 'meant')

2) Trump explicitly and without apology asserts that he will take dirt on a political opponent from any foreign power or foreign adversary that provides it:

Source: https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/13/politics/donald-trump-spy-election-2020-foreign-government/index.html

This was the President of the United States -- the man charged with protecting the Constitution, American democracy and the Western world -- sitting at the Resolute desk in the Oval Office, saying he would accept damaging information from Russia and China on his 2020 opponent.

© Copyright Original Source

So I wait. Can you continue to support a president that is so completely willing to publicly and without apology undermine our intelligence community and our democratic process?

Jim
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

God, family, chicken! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Biden promised to cure cancer.

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post

1) Trump asserts that he would have never allowed the CIA to recruit Kim Jong Un's brother (despite later attempts to claim that is not what he 'meant')

2) Trump explicitly and without apology asserts that he will take dirt on a political opponent from any foreign power or foreign adversary that provides it:

Source: https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/13/politics/donald-trump-spy-election-2020-foreign-government/index.html

This was the President of the United States -- the man charged with protecting the Constitution, American democracy and the Western world -- sitting at the Resolute desk in the Oval Office, saying he would accept damaging information from Russia and China on his 2020 opponent.

So I wait. Can you continue to support a president that is so completely willing to publicly and without apology undermine our intelligence community and our democratic process?

Jim

You're way too invested in the whole 'Trump is eeevil' thing to have a sensible conversation with about this. Sorry.
    ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Faith
    Ecumenical Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    Promising a cancer cure and risking the US security intelligence are two different things.
    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
    George Bernard Shaw

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Jim
    Jim you mean like the Clinton campaign using Russian sources for the infamous dossier?
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

6. Amen MaxVel amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

8. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    last I heard he was not president ...
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVel View Post
    You're way too invested in the whole 'Trump is eeevil' thing to have a sensible conversation with about this. Sorry.
    nice dodge ...

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    Jim you mean like the Clinton campaign using Russian sources for the infamous dossier?
    Nope, not like that at all. First your characterization of the dossier is not accurate, but more importantly, this is an open request from a sitting president for foreign adversaries to affect a public election. That is unparalleled, it has no analogue in US history I know of, certainly not any previous candidate in my lifetime. the Dossier, at best, is a mere stepping stone on the journey to what the president just embraced openly, publicly.

But I see that so far the TWEB pro-trump actors are not yet even willing to even admit this is a bad thing - with the possible exception of MM whose post I've not looked at (yet?).

How far the Republicans on TWEB have fallen. 3 Years ago no person alive in public office could have done the two things listed without evoking the most intense rebuke and scrutiny from those who have posted thus far in this thread.

inch by inch, compromise by compromise, you are losing your principles over this man.

Jim
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 06-13-2019 at 08:07 AM.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Nope, not like that at all. First your characterization of the dossier is not accurate, but more importantly, this is an open request from a sitting president for foreign adversaries to affect a public election. That is unparalleled, it has not analogue in US history I know of, certainly not any previous candidate in my lifetime.

But I see that so far the TWEB pro-trump actors are not willing to even admit this is a bad thing - with the possible exception of MM whose post I've not looked at (yet?).

How far the Republicans on TWEB have fallen. 3 Years ago no person alive in public office could have done the two things listed without evoking the most intense rebuke and scrutiny from those who have posted thus far in this thread.

inch by inch, compromise by compromise, you are losing your principles over this man.

Jim
    Jim, this is nonsense. The only campaign that actually did use foreign sources against their opponent was the Clinton campaign, using a British national to do it. No mis-characterization here.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...