Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

And can you still support him?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Yes, reports that consider exaggeration, approximation, differences of opinion, honest mistakes, hyperbole, figures of speech, sarcasm, obvious jokes, and so on to be "lies".
    Of course, he's a regular saint.

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    No it's not.

I was hoping a new user to the forum might bring a fresh perspective, but instead all you have to offer is the same, tired and irrational anti-Trump rhetoric that we've all heard a million times before.
    It's alright - you'll see after you've lived whether your debased beliefs are up to the standard ;) I'm not worried, if I were you - I would be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zara View Post
      It's alright - you'll see after you've lived whether your debased beliefs are up to the standard ;) I'm not worried, if I were you - I would be.
      I'm not sure on who's behalf you're making this threat. Do you, who seem to how know so little about God, presume to speak for him? Heed the parable of the talents where the wicked servant was condemned by his own words.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        I'm not sure on who's behalf you're making this threat. Do you, who seem to how know so little about God, presume to speak for him? Heed the parable of the talents where the wicked servant was condemned by his own words.
        I am more concerned about people that say they know a about God, but live a life that is empty of its spirit. Then, because they believe, they somehow get a free pass at the end - I don't think so, frankly.

Exploiting others for your own gain, is the central issue. Treating the world as something to exploit and destroy for your own personal gain, is the issue. These are things Trump and his corporate cronies value - if you support him, you're in the same boat. The same, sinking one.
        Last edited by Zara; 06-23-2019, 05:57 PM.

Comment

I am more concerned about people that say they know a about God, but live a life that is empty of its spirit. Then, because they believe, they somehow get a free pass at the end - I don't think so, frankly.

Exploiting others for your own gain, is the central issue. Treating the world as something to exploit and destroy for your own personal gain, is the issue. These are things Trump and his corporate cronies value - if you support him, you're in the same boat. The same, sinking one.
          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Yes.

Comment

Yes.
              Show it.
              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                Show it.
                Show what?

Comment

Show what?
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• No, just the greedy, lustful, gluttonous, and lying masses. You know, the lives of a large number of self-confessed 'good Christians' across the globe. They are all pious at church, but live lives that create suffering among animals and other humans, many of whom they will never meet - or think about. Do I need to paint you a picture?

Comment

No, just the greedy, lustful, gluttonous, and lying masses. You know, the lives of a large number of self-confessed 'good Christians' across the globe. They are all pious at church, but live lives that create suffering among animals and other humans, many of whom they will never meet - or think about. Do I need to paint you a picture?
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Whose supporting Trump?

Comment

No, just the greedy, lustful, gluttonous, and lying masses. You know, the lives of a large number of self-confessed 'good Christians' across the globe. They are all pious at church, but live lives that create suffering among animals and other humans, many of whom they will never meet - or think about. Do I need to paint you a picture?
                          How come you harbor such hatred against so many people?

Comment

• Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                            How come you harbor such hatred against so many people?
                            Because they cause harm to others, and destroy the garden.

Comment

Because they cause harm to others, and destroy the garden.
                              So you live in a high level of hate because of some garden and you wish to speak evil of your fellow man?

Where did you get such ideas from?

Comment

• Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                                So you live in a high level of hate because of some garden and you wish to speak evil of your fellow man?

Where did you get such ideas from?
                                I live in a high level of anger, not hatred. The only evil is the effect of the lives of my fellow man. It isn't some garden, it is the garden. My fellow man is blind as well as ignorant.

Comment