Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

And can you still support him?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah - well now, it it is something that the law requires, then heeding the law would usually be a good thing (there is the occasional exception).

But that a contact from a foreign operative? government? merely offering information. It seems odd that such a thing must be reported.
    1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
    Scripture before Tradition:
    but that won't prevent others from
    taking it upon themselves to deprive you
    of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      As a follow on, not as a reply to any particular post.

The white house is aggressively pursuing damage control as it relates to Trump's comments on taking dirt and not calling the FBI. The FEC commisioner has weighed in, making it absolutely clear such action is illegal. Blame has been cast on Sarah Sanders for allowing too much access to the president as part of pointing fingers over who to blame for the incident.

And yet here on Tweb people are unwilling to even admit he said it, and are, once again, still willing to support Donald Trump, no matter what.

Jim
      Did the commissioner cite the statute? Turley said that "There is nothing illegal in receiving such information for either politicians or journalists."
      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
        Did the commissioner cite the statute? Turley said that "There is nothing illegal in receiving such information for either politicians or journalists."
        Back when the charges of collusion first started surfacing there were a number of legal experts from both sides of the aisle that were saying merely receiving information wouldn't break any laws. That would explain why that after the interview with Stephanopoulos Democrats have introduced measures requiring anyone getting such information to turn it over to the FBI. Such measures wouldn't be necessary if it were already illegal.

Meanwhile, I wonder if any of those who screamed accepting assistance like this from foreigners is treason have now started to realize that it was the Clinton campaign who actually paid for a foreigner — Britain’s Christopher Steele — to use other foreigners (the Russians) to fabricate a completely phony "dossier" that was a massive, deliberate interference by foreigners in the 2016 election.

Perhaps they should tend to their own crystal palaces before they start hurling stones about.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
          I think the Democrat strategy here is pretty transparent. The Mueller report said the Trump campaign rejected offers from foreign nationals despite repeated attempts, but now they're trying to make the case that they broke the law anyway because they didn't report each attempt to the FBI even though there was no reason to.

Meanwhile, is there any evidence that Mark Warner and Adam Schiff reported to the FBI after they solicited and accepted information from foreign agents?

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...eign-contacts/
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
            Ah - well now, it it is something that the law requires, then heeding the law would usually be a good thing (there is the occasional exception).

But that a contact from a foreign operative? government? merely offering information. It seems odd that such a thing must be reported.
            II dont think it is for a general person. But it is if you have a clearance, which most senators or congressman, and many staffers have, and apparently it also comes up in laws associated with running a campaign. Foreign governments having influence in our elections has been a serious concern since the founding fathers.

Jim
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Back when the charges of collusion first started surfacing there were a number of legal experts from both sides of the aisle that were saying merely receiving information wouldn't break any laws. That would explain why that after the interview with Stephanopoulos Democrats have introduced measures requiring anyone getting such information to turn it over to the FBI. Such measures wouldn't be necessary if it were already illegal.

Meanwhile, I wonder if any of those who screamed accepting assistance like this from foreigners is treason have now started to realize that it was the Clinton campaign who actually paid for a foreigner — Britain’s Christopher Steele — to use other foreigners (the Russians) to fabricate a completely phony "dossier" that was a massive, deliberate interference by foreigners in the 2016 election.

Perhaps they should tend to their own crystal palaces before they start hurling stones about.
              While I am no fan of clinton*, i would say there is a difference between hiring a service from a foreign entity and being approached by a foreign entity with designs on influencing an election. And that difference is that there is no immediate threat the foreign entity in the former case has immediate intent to influence our election. That intent is coming from the candidate, a us citizen. In the latter case, the intents and motivations for driving the election one way or the other arise from foreign interests, not domestic ones.

They both may be illegal and/or immoral, but for different reasons. And I think the higher threat to our national security, sovereignty, and electoral process lies with the latter.

Jim

*there are very few us citizens on the world stage thst I would see as a greater threat to our nation than Clinton, but unfortunately our current president is one of them.
              Last edited by oxmixmudd; 06-18-2019, 06:28 AM.
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

While I am no fan of clinton, i would say there is a difference between hiring a service from a foreign entity and being approached by a foreign entity with designs on influencing an election. And that difference is that there is no immediate threat the foreign entity in the former case has immediate intent to influence our election.

Right, because a foreign agent hired by a US political campaign could only have the purest motives. No need to have them or their information vetted by the FBI. Instead, you funnel that sketchy information in form of a "dossier" to the FBI and let FBI use it to game the FISA court and launch a political witch-hunt against your opponent. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Comment

While I am no fan of clinton, i would say there is a difference between hiring a service from a foreign entity and being approached by a foreign entity with designs on influencing an election. And that difference is that there is no immediate threat the foreign entity in the former case has immediate intent to influence our election. That intent is coming from the candidate, a us citizen. In the latter case, the intents and motivations for driving the election one way or the other arise from foreign interests, not domestic ones.

They both may be illegal and/or immoral, but for different reasons. And I think the higher threat to our national security, sovereignty, and electoral process lies with the latter.

Jim
                  When Trump proposed the scenario he said "somebody comes up." Not a foreigner. Not a representative of a foreign entity. Just "somebody comes up."

Having said this there is a school of thought that Trump set up a trap when he started this and the left blundered right into it. They are now on record saying that what the Clinton campaign did is treason.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

When Trump proposed the scenario he said "somebody comes up." Not a foreigner. Not a representative of a foreign entity. Just "somebody comes up."

Having said this there is a school of thought that Trump set up a trap when he started this and the left blundered right into it. They are now on record saying that what the Clinton campaign did is treason.
                    That is wishful thinking coupled with almost desperate political spin. Both Trump and Stephanopoulos were quite clear from the first few exchanges that the scenario included foreign operatives. While Trump did not specify as he opened the conversation on that topic, S began asking about that case from the first sentence.

And to be honest, giving Trump credit for some kind of deep hyper-intelligent plan here sounds more like the response of cult members who deify their leader than any sort of reasonable possibility.

Jim

Comment

That is wishful thinking coupled with almost desperate political spin. Both Trump and Stephanopoulos were quite clear from the first few exchanges that the scenario included foreign operatives. While Trump did not specify as he opened the conversation on that topic, S began asking about that case from the first sentence.

And to be honest, giving Trump credit for some kind of deep hyper-intelligent plan here sounds more like the response of cult members who deify their leader than any sort of reasonable possibility.

Jim
                      Whether or not it was what Trump intended when he brought it up it certainly is a result. And it really isn't very clever. It is almost obvious when you consider how his opponents typically respond.

ETA: And evidence that this was a set up by Trump is the fact that the Mueller Report notes that the Russians made multiple attempts to infiltrate the Trump campaign and pass on "dirt" concerning Hillary -- and yet the Trump campaign refused to accept it every time. But now, after refusing to accept it in real life, Trump brings up the idea of accepting such info and saying he doesn't think it would be wrong. It doesn't take a psychic to predict how the left and Never Trumpers will react. It is in effect a knee-jerk reaction for them.
                      Last edited by rogue06; 06-18-2019, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Yes, but liberals and others are desperately trying to convince us that Trump's response to a hypothetical question is somehow worse than what Hillary and the Democrats actually did.

Comment

Whether or not it was what Trump intended when he brought it up it certainly is a result. And it really isn't very clever. It is almost obvious when you consider how his opponents typically respond.

ETA: And evidence that this was a set up by Trump is the fact that the Mueller Report notes that the Russians made multiple attempts to infiltrate the Trump campaign and pass on "dirt" concerning Hillary -- and yet the Trump campaign refused to accept it every time. But now, after refusing to accept it in real life, Trump brings up the idea of accepting such info and saying he doesn't think it would be wrong. It doesn't take a psychic to predict how the left and Never Trumpers will react. It is in effect a knee-jerk reaction for them.
                          Wow, talk about revionist history. 'Refused to take it'. This is how you would characterize the infamous Trump tower meeting?

Jim
                          Last edited by oxmixmudd; 06-18-2019, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Wow, talk about revionist history. 'Refused to take it'. This is how you would characterize the infamous Trump tower meeting?

Jim
                            IIRC the Mueller Report said that they rejected it.

Comment

IIRC the Mueller Report said that they rejected it.
                              The Trump tower mtg, where we have an email or emails with them chomping at the bit to see the dirt the russian had?

If they walked away from that meeting and didnt make use of what was given, it was beacause it was itself useless info.

Jim
                              Last edited by oxmixmudd; 06-18-2019, 07:34 AM.

Comment

The Trump tower mtg, where we have an email or emails with them chomping at the bit to see the dirt the russian had?

Jim
                                And walked out empty handed having rejected the offer?

Comment