Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

And can you still support him?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    And walked out empty handed having rejected the offer?
    If they walked away from that meeting and didnt make use of what was given, it was because the info was itself useless.

'Rejected' is spin. They did exactly what trump said he'd do in the interview here discussed. They went after the dirt and they did not report the foreign contact trying to give them the dirt.

Jim
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 06-18-2019, 07:42 AM.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      If they walked away from that meeting and didnt make use of what was given, it was because the info was itself useless.

Jim
      Is that how it is characterized in the Mueller Report or are you just making stuff up?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Is that how it is characterized in the Mueller Report or are you just making stuff up?
        Are you serious? Are you going to actually trying to claim they rejected info that would have been useful to the campaign?

This is Donald Trump we are talking about, not Mother Theresa.

Jim
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

The Trump tower mtg, where we have an email or emails with them chomping at the bit to see the dirt the russian had?

If they walked away from that meeting and didnt make use of what was given, it was beacause it was itself useless info.

Jim
          Even if a Russian person had given up dirt on Hillary, it would not have been illegal in and of itself, and therefore no reason to report it to law enforcement.

Now what's most interesting about that meeting is that the Russian babe who ostensibly orchestrated it was working directly for and coordinating with Glenn Simpson, a close ally of the Hillary campaign who she (the Russian babe) met with before and after visiting Trump tower.

https://www.realclearinvestigations....e_a_setup.html
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I think it is time to note we are no longer discussing if trump said or implied the items listed in the opening post, but are now trying to say such things being said are not so bad after all.

As has been said by Trump himself, he could shoot someone and he would not lose any of his supporters

Jim

Comment

Are you serious? Are you going to actually trying to claim they rejected info that would have been useful to the campaign?

This is Donald Trump we are talking about, not Mother Theresa.

Jim
              Is that or is it not what the Mueller Report said? That they rejected the offer.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Is that or is it not what the Mueller Report said? That they rejected the offer.
                That is actually irrelevant. They listened to and then did not report a foreign agent advertising dirt on an opposition candidate, which is against the law, and which is what Trump said he would do in the Interview here discussed, and which is significantly contrary to the best interests and the sovereignty of the United States. Allowing foreign interests to have a hand in how our elections proceed, even influencing the election results is bad. And had this been Obama, or Hillary, or Bill, or Al Gore, or almost any person in the public spotlight other than Donald Trump, you would be agreeing with me.

And I will point out - again - that the conversation has become exactly what I was hoping it would not: a defense of Trump no matter what.

I started this thread to find out if the the Trump Cult here at TWEB could go so low as to support the actions I mentioned in the opening post.

I was hopeful this would be a step to far, and I'd be made to look silly with a unanimous round of "are you kidding, of course we can't support that".

Unfortunately what we have found out is that sadly - no they will not stand against this sort of thing - at least as it involves Trump (notice that now the focus is on Hillary for doing something less dangerous to the US (though still bad) while excusing Trump.

Bottom line: Yes, in fact, they will support (vigorously):

Originally posted by oxmixmudd
                1) Trump asserts that he would have never allowed the CIA to recruit Kim Jong Un's brother (despite later attempts to claim that is not what he 'meant')

2) Trump explicitly and without apology asserts that he will take dirt on a political opponent from any foreign power or foreign adversary that provides it:

Jim

Comment

They listened to and then did not report a foreign agent advertising dirt on an opposition candidate, which is against the law...
                  Funny how nobody claiming that has been able to cite the actual legal statute that was violated.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    Funny how nobody claiming that has been able to cite the actual legal statute that was violated.
                    You just have to remember that hiring a foreign agent, in an attempted frame job of a political opponent, is okay when a democrat does it.
                    Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 06-18-2019, 01:20 PM.
                    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                      You just have to remember that hiring a foreign agent, in an attempted frame job of a political opponent, is okay when a democrat does it.
                      Not at all pix.

It was not ok when Hillary did it - assuming that is what they did. It would not be ok no matter who did it.

If you are referring to my comment about the relative badness of what Trump is doing/encouraging (quietly accepting dirt on opponents offered by foreign agents) vs hiring a foreign investigator or service to find dirt on an opponent, I explained why what trump has done is worse. And I'll explain it again for your convenience.

The reason what Trump is doing is worse is that he is allowing the interests of a foreign state to help determine the course of our country. They are not helping Trump (or whoever) because they care about what is best for the USA. They are helping Trump (or whoever) because it is what is best for THEIR nation or kindom etc. If Hillary hires a foreign person to dig up dirt on an opponent, that motivation is derived from a US citizen - and while that is bad, it is not necessarily an act that is oriented around helping some other country get their way in our election.

We do not want the elections in the USA tampered with, or worse - directed by, foreign actors. It undermines the sovereignty and national security of the USA.

You (and others) need to stop looking at things like this through the narrow view of Trump vs the world, or democrats vs republicans. This is a NATIONAL issue and should cross ALL party lines, all personal loyalties. What Trump is advocating for in the statements I've outlined in this thread undermines the security and sovereignty of the NATION.

Jim
                      Last edited by oxmixmudd; 06-18-2019, 02:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                        Not at all pix. It is sad when you can't accept reality and have to make up stories about the 'other side'.

It was not ok when hillary did it - assuming that is what they did. It would not be ok no matter who did it.

If you are referring to my comment about the relative badness of what Trump is doing/encouraging (quietly accepting dirt on opponents offered by foreign agents) vs hiring a foreign investigator or service to find dirt on an opponent, I explained why what trump has done is worse. And I'll explain it again for your convenience.

The reason what Trump is doing is worse is that he is allowing the interests of a foreign state to help determine the course of our country. They are not helping Trump (or whoever) because they care about what is best for the USA. They are helping Trump (or whoever) because it is what is best for THEIR nation or kindom etc. If Hillary hires a foreign person to dig up dirt on an opponent, that motivation is derived from a US citizen - and while that is bad, it is not helping some other country get their way in our election.

We do not want the elections in the USA tampered with or worse, directed by, foreign actors. It undermines the sovereignty and national security of the USA.

You (and others) need to stop looking at things like this through the narrow view of Trump vs the world, or democrats vs republicans. This is a NATIONAL issue and should cross ALL party lines, all personal loyalties. What Trump is advocating for in the statements I've outlined in this thread undermines the security and sovereignty of the NATION.

Jim
                        And yet you still can't name a single law that Trump supposedly violated.

Comment

Not at all pix.

It was not ok when Hillary did it - assuming that is what they did. It would not be ok no matter who did it.

The reason what Trump is doing is worse is that he is allowing the interests of a foreign state to help determine the course of our country. They are not helping Trump (or whoever) because they care about what is best for the USA. They are helping Trump (or whoever) because it is what is best for THEIR nation or kindom etc. If Hillary hires a foreign person to dig up dirt on an opponent, that motivation is derived from a US citizen - and while that is bad, it is not necessarily an act that is oriented around helping some other country get their way in our election.

We do not want the elections in the USA tampered with, or worse - directed by, foreign actors. It undermines the sovereignty and national security of the USA.

Jim
                          “Orange man bad!”

See isn’t that so much easier than all the self righteous and excuse making to excuse away the reality that Trump’s political opponents are just as bad, if not worse than he is? Hillary Clinton committed crimes that would have landed almost anyone else in prison, but the fact you continue to excuse away her criminal behavior tells me all I need to know. I’m not looking at this from a democrat vs republican issue, but the reality is Trump’s opponent is a worse criminal than you accuse Trump as being, difference is there’s evidence of Clinton’s crimes.
                          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

“Orange man bad!”

See isn’t that so much easier than all the self righteous and excuse making to excuse away the reality that Trump’s political opponents are just as bad, if not worse than he is? Hillary Clinton committed crimes that would have landed almost anyone else in prison, but the fact you continue to excuse away her criminal behavior tells me all I need to know. I’m not looking at this from a democrat vs republican issue, but the reality is Trump’s opponent is a worse criminal than you accuse Trump as being, difference is there’s evidence of Clinton’s crimes.
                            If only Mueller had said, "No reasonable prosecutor would move to indict." Then Trump would be off the hook no matter how many crimes he (allegedly) committed.

Comment

“Orange man bad!”

The only one here being irrational or showing bias it you pix. Allowing other nations to influence our election process and announcing publicly a willingness to do just that is, in fact, bad. And it is bad regardless of whether you are a democrat or a republican. It's just ... bad.

It has nothing to do with the color of the hair. And you might be right about clinton - I'm not defending her in spite of the fact several of you are trying to pretend I am - but your focus on her is irrational. She is not president. Her potential impact on this country as a presidential level influence is probaly over. However, we do have this fellow in the white house that has made clear that if a foreign nation would rather see him continue in the white house, he will be glad to accept their help. And that is a real problem.

Effectively PIX, you are living by "Orange man NOT BAD" no matter what he does, not matter how clearly the thing he has done or is doing is in fact bad.

Jim
                              Last edited by oxmixmudd; 06-18-2019, 04:29 PM.

Comment

The only one here being irrational or showing bias it you pix. Allowing other nations to influence our election process and announcing publicly a willingness to do just that is, in fact, bad. And it is bad regardless of whether you are a democrat or a republican. It's just ... bad.

It has nothing to do with the color of the hair. And you might be right about clinton - I'm not defending her in spite of the fact several of you are trying to pretend I am - but your focus on her is irrational. She is not president. Her potential impact on this country as a presidential level influence is probaly over. However, we do have this fellow in the white house that has made clear that if a foreign nation would rather see him continue in the white house, he will be glad to accept their help. And that is a real problem.

Effectively PIX, you are living by "Orange man NOT BAD" no matter what he does, not matter how clearly the thing he has done or is doing is in fact bad.

Jim
                                You need a new brand of mind reading pills because these ones suck. In reality, I grew up in one of the most liberal states in the nation, California, with parents and extended family that were and still are democrats. I know all about the democrats
                                and hear plenty about how terrible Trump is. Thing is, you’re sticking your fingers in your ears and closing your eyes in a desperate attempt to flat ignore all the democrat cheating. Clinton did everything you accuse Trump of even thinking about doing and you don’t seem to care one bit. Clinton, not Trump paid foreign intelligence operatives to dig up dirt. Clinton, not Trump attempted to set up political opponents with foreign actors. These things really happened, so keep those fingers jammed in your ears, keep that blindfold secure, and keep screaming, ‘I CAN’T HEAR YOU!’ And all that nasty evidence stuff, where you ignore that Trump’s opponents are as bad as you accuse him of might go away.
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment