Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

And can you still support him?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

3 Years ago no person alive in public office could have done the two things listed without evoking the most intense rebuke and scrutiny from those who have posted thus far in this thread.
    How often have I warned about the boy-who-cried-wolf effect?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
      Biden promised to cure cancer.
      Source: Joe Biden Promises To Cure Cancer As Though Essential Oils Don't Already Exist

Presidential candidate Joe Biden promised to cure cancer if he is elected president, a strange claim since essential oils already exist and have been shown to cure cancer by studies performed by obscure mom blogs across the internet.

"I promise to cure cancer if I'm elected," he said, showcasing his baffling ignorance. It's like he doesn't even know that a few whiffs of lemon extract and lavender and your cancer goes away on its own. It's pretty frightening how out-of-touch Biden is on this one. He likely doesn't even have an essential oils starter kit or some handy rollers in his pockets.

The real question is whether Biden is in the pocket of Big Pharma. He probably is, since he made bold claims like curing cancer and totally ignored all the mom-reviewed research studies that show there's already a cure for cancer, consisting mostly of mixing up a bunch of essential oils and breathing them in through a diffuser you can buy from some lady at your church at full retail price.

If you'd like to know more about how essential oils can cure all forms of cancer, don't worry, the lady at your church will be approaching you soon whether you want to talk about it or not.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

In all serious, imagine the heads exploding if Trump ever said something like that.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Source: Joe Biden Promises To Cure Cancer As Though Essential Oils Don't Already Exist

Presidential candidate Joe Biden promised to cure cancer if he is elected president, a strange claim since essential oils already exist and have been shown to cure cancer by studies performed by obscure mom blogs across the internet.

"I promise to cure cancer if I'm elected," he said, showcasing his baffling ignorance. It's like he doesn't even know that a few whiffs of lemon extract and lavender and your cancer goes away on its own. It's pretty frightening how out-of-touch Biden is on this one. He likely doesn't even have an essential oils starter kit or some handy rollers in his pockets.

The real question is whether Biden is in the pocket of Big Pharma. He probably is, since he made bold claims like curing cancer and totally ignored all the mom-reviewed research studies that show there's already a cure for cancer, consisting mostly of mixing up a bunch of essential oils and breathing them in through a diffuser you can buy from some lady at your church at full retail price.

If you'd like to know more about how essential oils can cure all forms of cancer, don't worry, the lady at your church will be approaching you soon whether you want to talk about it or not.

Source

In all serious, imagine the heads exploding if Trump ever said something like that.

Please explain why you do not view the statements outlined in OP as a serious problem.

Jim
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
          So after this one lands as being yet another dud of reporters misquoting it flat out lying about what was said, how long will it take you to run to the next narrative without admitting your previous one was false?
          hasn't happened yet - and these are not misquotes. The things said are the things said. I guess one can pretend he didn't say what he said ....
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Mods need to change the title of this thread to "A practical example of the dangers of Trump Derangement Syndrome".
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

hasn't happened yet - and these are not misquotes. The things said are the things said. I guess one can pretend he didn't say what he said ....
              Or you can just ignore that you have an out of context soundbite where we don’t hear the rest of what was said. You didn’t answer the question though, what will you do when this turns out to be the same case, as the other hundred, “We’ll get you this time Trump!” Moments and totally folds? Will you admit to error or blast off again only to return next week, with yet another plan to ‘get Trump’?
              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                How often have I warned about the boy-who-cried-wolf effect?
                I wouldn't call it that, though it's the same basic mechanism. People start Trumps presdency willing to excuse x. And for those that are not willing to accept that much compromise x is already too much. But Trump keeps pushing that envelope, and the Trump supporter keep saying " well that isn't THAT much worse than what I've already said I support", or they just continue to believe somehow the next increment is just 'taken out of context'. Either way the support for Trump just keeps digging deeper and deeper into what the person normally would never support. And here we are - a president who would interfere with intelligence gathering processes in favor of our enemies, and a president that is willing to publicly declare he will violate his responsibility to report foreign contacts if contacted with dirt on opponents that he can use to help win the 2020 election - as well as a promise to use it. And 4 pages on of defense of that from his 'followers'.

Jim

Comment

Or you can just ignore that you have an out of context soundbite where we don’t hear the rest of what was said. You didn’t answer the question though, what will you do when this turns out to be the same case, as the other hundred, “We’ll get you this time Trump!” Moments and totally folds? Will you admit to error or blast off again only to return next week, with yet another plan to ‘get Trump’?
                  You question is irrelevant.

I heard the entire context of the CIA comment, so it is not a possible outcome for #1. He said what he said.

And the reality is, the parts heard on the other don't lend themselves to another conclusion either - especially since he already showed he would do it in 2016. He's just making it official that is his actual policy. And tossing out another request for help like he did in 2016.

Jim
                  Last edited by oxmixmudd; 06-13-2019, 02:01 PM.

Comment

You question is irrelevant.

I heard the entire context of the CIA comment, so it is not a possible outcome for #1. He said what he said.

And the reality is, the parts heard on the other don't lend themselves to another conclusion either - especially since he already showed he would do it in 2016. He's just making it official that is his actual policy. And tossing out another request for help like he did in 2016.

Jim
                    Sorry, but having a conversation with you, about Trump, is impossible. It’s like trying to have a conversation with Jorge about evolution or a conversation about cosmology with JM. It’s pointless because you already know the truth and anyone who disagrees is stupid, immoral, corrupt, or all the above. That’s why I don’t bother and just instead ask you what you’ll do once the rake smacks you in the face, yet again.
                    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

I wouldn't call it that, though it's the same basic mechanism. People start Trumps presdency willing to excuse x. And for those that are not willing to accept that much compromise x is already too much. But Trump keeps pushing that envelope, and the Trump supporter keep saying " well that isn't THAT much worse than what I've already said I support", or they just continue to believe somehow the next increment is just 'taken out of context'. Either way the support for Trump just keeps digging deeper and deeper into what the person normally would never support. And here we are - a president who would interfere with intelligence gathering processes in favor of our enemies, and a president that is willing to publicly declare he will violate his responsibility to report foreign contacts if contacted with dirt on opponents that he can use to help win the 2020 election - as well as a promise to use it. And 4 pages on of defense of that from his 'followers'.

Jim
                      Nobody is as blind as those who refuse to see. Does paying foreigners to make up things about your opponents and trying to topple them with this fake information, count? Those who live in glass houses, shouldn’t throw stones.
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Sorry, but having a conversation with you, about Trump, is impossible. It’s like trying to have a conversation with Jorge about evolution or a conversation about cosmology with JM. It’s pointless because you already know the truth and anyone who disagrees is stupid, immoral, corrupt, or all the above. That’s why I don’t bother and just instead ask you what you’ll do once the rake smacks you in the face, yet again.
                        On the contrary. You feel that way because you can't accept the truth about what trump is saying in this instance. It isn't that hard Pix. He said quite clearly that the use of Kin Jong Un's brother as an asset by the CIA "would not happen on my watch". IOW, Trump would make sure the CIA was not allowed to do that. There you go.

What else does "I would listen" mean when asked what he would do if foreign operatives came to him with dirt on an opponent? And what in the world would his comments about calling the FBI mean except that he thinks its a dumb idea and he wouldn't do it. I mean - he called out Wray when Wray said it was the responsibility of any candidate to call the FBI in a situation like that, saying Wray was wrong!

This is not rocket science pix. But it is disturbing if you are committed to supporting trump and have any reasonable version of a conscience.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.13af3fe9f17d

Source: above

Trump added: “You don't call the FBI. … Oh, give me a break – life doesn't work that way.”

In response to rebukes, including from Republicans, Trump claimed in the summer of 2016 that he had been joking when he encouraged Russia to hack his opponent’s emails. Watch last night’s clip, and you’ll see that Trump is clearly not joking about welcoming dirt from foreigners. Once again, this puts him crosswise with the FBI.

At a Senate hearing on May 7, FBI Director Chris Wray said such attempts should be reported. Trump appointed Wray after firing James Comey. “My view is that, if any public official or member of any campaign is contacted by any nation-state or anybody acting on behalf of a nation-state about influencing or interfering with our election, then that is something that the FBI would want to know about,” Wray testified.

Asked about this statement by ABC anchor George Stephanopoulos, Trump said, “The FBI director is wrong.”

An FBI spokeswoman declined to comment.

Jim

Comment

On the contrary. You feel that way because you can't accept the truth about what trump is saying in this instance. It isn't that hard Pix. He said quite clearly that the use of Kin Jong Un's brother as an asset by the CIA "would not happen on my watch". IOW, Trump would make sure the CIA was not allowed to do that. There you go.

What else does "I would listen" mean when asked what he would do if foreign operatives came to him with dirt on an opponent? And what in the world would his comments about calling the FBI mean except that he thinks its a dumb idea and he wouldn't do it. I mean - he called out Wray when Wray said it was the responsibility of any candidate to call the FBI in a situation like that, saying Wray was wrong!

This is not rocket science pix. But it is disturbing if you are committed to supporting trump and have any reasonable version of a conscience.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.13af3fe9f17d

Source: above

Trump added: “You don't call the FBI. … Oh, give me a break – life doesn't work that way.”

In response to rebukes, including from Republicans, Trump claimed in the summer of 2016 that he had been joking when he encouraged Russia to hack his opponent’s emails. Watch last night’s clip, and you’ll see that Trump is clearly not joking about welcoming dirt from foreigners. Once again, this puts him crosswise with the FBI.

At a Senate hearing on May 7, FBI Director Chris Wray said such attempts should be reported. Trump appointed Wray after firing James Comey. “My view is that, if any public official or member of any campaign is contacted by any nation-state or anybody acting on behalf of a nation-state about influencing or interfering with our election, then that is something that the FBI would want to know about,” Wray testified.

Asked about this statement by ABC anchor George Stephanopoulos, Trump said, “The FBI director is wrong.”

An FBI spokeswoman declined to comment.

Jim
                          You might want to buy a new brand of mind reading pills because these ones suck. In reality, I’ve seen this song and dance dozens of times already.

1. Media throws a fit about something Trump said or did.
                          2. Media steps on rake as the truth comes out.
                          3. Media denies they ever stepped on rake.
                          4. Repeat.

It’s pointless even bothering because as had already been shown, you’re incapable of having any sort of rational conversation about Trump because you’re TDS prevents you from doing so. I’ll wait for the full story to come out, but as I already suspect, the rake is about to hit you in the face and you’ll deny it ever happened as you switch to a new story without ever acknowledging the previous one was false to begin with.
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

You might want to buy a new brand of mind reading pills because these ones suck. In reality, I’ve seen this song and dance dozens of times already.

4. Repeat.

It’s pointless even bothering because as had already been shown, you’re incapable of having any sort of rational conversation about Trump because you’re TDS prevents you from doing so. I’ll wait for the full story to come out, but as I already suspect, the rake is about to hit you in the face and you’ll deny it ever happened as you switch to a new story without ever acknowledging the previous one was false to begin with.
                            'Mind reading pills'. Seriously? You mean to tell me that the delusion has gotten so strong that when we react to what Trump actually says we are to be accused of 'mind reading'? As in, we can't possibly know what he meant by what he said, so any attempt to call him on what he said is 'mind reading'?

That is really, really sad Pix.

Jim

Comment

I support President Trump without hesitation, and all the more so as he is constantly attacked and derided.
                              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

4. Repeat.

LPOT He asked a valid question. What does Trump's quote I would listen mean?
                                A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                                George Bernard Shaw

Comment