• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
    Only to Americans.
    As if anyone else matters.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Only to Americans. True sandwiches have flat bread. End of story.

Pirates and members of the porcine group aren't qualified to have an opinion, the first knowing nothing but forms of culinary brutality (hard tack!); the second belonging in sandwiches, not pontificating about what they are.
      Technically, sandwiches have two slices of bread (sometimes more), regardless of shape. So a hotdog might be either a sandwich or a filled roll depending on whether the roll is completely halved.
      1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
      Scripture before Tradition:
      but that won't prevent others from
      taking it upon themselves to deprive you
      of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Wow, the PC police would have a fit at this hot dog commercial....

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
          Technically, sandwiches have two slices of bread (sometimes more), regardless of shape.
          A hot turkey sandwich is only made with one slice of bread (granted, it is never colloquially referred to as a "hot turkey sandwich", but I'd get modded if I used the colloquial term).
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I say and voted no, however if it was put on two pieces of bread then would it be called a sandwich?

Comment

Originally posted by ReformedApologist View Post
              I say and voted no, however if it was put on two pieces of bread then would it be called a sandwich?
              There is no "thinking outside of the bun" in this discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                Technically, sandwiches have two slices of bread (sometimes more), regardless of shape. So a hotdog might be either a sandwich or a filled roll depending on whether the roll is completely halved.
                Don't come at me with facts, bro. It's not nice to even try to show me wrong.

I'm busy trolling the Yanks, who think that their idiosyncratic use of English vocabulary is the only correct way to use it.

...Er.... did I say that out loud?
                ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

Only to Americans. True sandwiches have flat bread. End of story.

Pirates and members of the porcine group aren't qualified to have an opinion, the first knowing nothing but forms of culinary brutality (hard tack!); the second belonging in sandwiches, not pontificating about what they are.
                  So is a quesadilla a sandwich? Or a pizza?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    So is a quesadilla a sandwich? Or a pizza?
                    Of course!
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Don't come at me with facts, bro. It's not nice to even try to show me wrong.

I'm busy trolling the Yanks, who think that their idiosyncratic use of English vocabulary is the only correct way to use it.

...Er.... did I say that out loud?
                      Not at all. But it is the one that counts.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

If you take a single lice of bread and cut it in half and use the halves to hold some other food between them -- is that a sandwich?

If you set two slices of pizza one atop the other so that their tops are in the middle -- is that a sandwich?

What about an open-face sandwich?

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          If you take a single lice of bread and cut it in half and use the halves to hold some other food between them -- is that a sandwich?

If you set two slices of pizza one atop the other so that their tops are in the middle -- is that a sandwich?

If I go to a sandwich shop and order a tuna sandwich with no bread, are they allowed to serve me that? Can they still be called a sandwich shop?

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                            If I go to a sandwich shop and order a tuna sandwich with no bread, are they allowed to serve me that? Can they still be called a sandwich shop?
                            Jack Nicholson from Five Easy Pieces:
                            Bobby: I’d like a plain omelet, no potatoes – tomatoes instead, a cup of coffee and toast.
                            Waitress: No substitutions.
                            Bobby: What do you mean, you don’t have any tomatoes?
                            Waitress: Only what’s on the menu. You can have a #2 – a plain omelet, comes with cottage fries and rolls.
                            Bobby: Yeah, I know what it comes with, but it’s not what I want.
                            Waitress: I’ll come back when you make up your mind.
                            Bobby: Wait a minute, I have made up my mind. I’d like a plain omelet, no potatoes on the plate, a cup of coffee and a side order of wheat toast.
                            Waitress: I’m sorry, we don’t have any side orders of toast. I can bring you an english muffin or a coffee roll.
                            Bobby: What do you mean you don’t make side orders of toast? You make sandwiches, don’t you?
                            Waitress: Would you like to talk to the manager?
                            Bobby: You’ve got bread and a toaster of some kind?
                            Waitress: I don’t make the rules.
                            Bobby: Okay, I’ll make it as easy for you as I can. I’d like an omelet, plain, and a chicken salad sandwich on wheat toast, no mayonnaise, no butter, no lettuce and a cup of coffee.
                            Waitress: A #2, chicken salad sand. Hold the butter, the lettuce, the mayonnaise, and a cup of coffee. Anything else?
                            Bobby: Yeah, now all you have to do is hold the chicken, bring me the toast, give me a check for the chicken salad sandwich, and you haven’t broken any rules.
                            Waitress: You want me to hold the chicken, huh?
                            Bobby: I want you to hold it between your knees.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Do I want to know what a lice of bread is?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                                Do I want to know what a lice of bread is?
                                Sorry. I was running low on S's.

Comment