Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

I could use a hug or something.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I could use a hug or something.

I love my family and it pains me when they fight. Compounded with the little temptations and stressors of life I feel worn down. I often wonder if I am using my gifts as intended. Sometimes I worry that I am not going anywhere in life.

sigpic

Hang in there dude.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
      I love my family and it pains me when they fight. Compounded with the little temptations and stressors of life I feel worn down. I often wonder if I am using my gifts as intended. Sometimes I worry that I am not going anywhere in life.

Recharge your batteries a bit by spending some time with God - maybe some worshipful music you like, read the Bible, prayer, go to a good church service.

If you're worried that you're not serving the Lord well, you probably are doing OK.
      ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

hug.gif

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
          Recharge your batteries a bit by spending some time with God - maybe some worshipful music you like, read the Bible, prayer, go to a good church service.

If you're worried that you're not serving the Lord well, you probably are doing OK.
          All that, but also find an outlet for your love. Volunteer at a hospital or nursing home or food pantry. God created us to serve.

I liken it to "scum pond" just up the road. There's a little pond that has several "inputs" (small creeks feed it) but there's no outlet for it. The water just sits there and stagnates. A crust of scum has grown over it.

I think we can become like that --- we can have LOTS of input, but if there's no outflow, we stagnate. Serve, teach, give...

Oh, and
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

On the "serving" thing, try several different options. Find the one where you feel that God is blessing you or others (which will bless you ) for being involved. THAT, sir, is worth more than rubies.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              On the "serving" thing, try several different options. Find the one where you feel that God is blessing you or others (which will bless you ) for being involved. THAT, sir, is worth more than rubies.
              I do like helping folks. Honestly I look forward to Sunday because I can go to church and if I am feeling well play amtgard.
              sigpic

Comment

We love you so, little brother. All these guys are giving you such good advice.

I'm only here for the requested

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post

Honestly, I like going to church. I like reading the bible. I dont always sleep well.
                  sigpic

Comment

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                      Never heard of this band until today.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
                        Never heard of this band until today.
                        They're still around (sort of - it's mostly Ted Kirkpatrick and guest musicians/vocalists these days).
                        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

It's another idea for you, but have you ever thought about starting a project of some kind? I'm not sure how creatively inclined you are or how adept you are at using a computer, but there are a lot of software tools out there these days (many of them free) that could help you with drawing, composing, programming, writing -- or combining them all into a game or media presentation.

And to follow up Cow Poke's earlier posts, that could be another way of serving others in the name of Christ if through your creativity you're seeking His honor and glory.

In any case, though, I'll try to keep you in my prayers, man.
                          ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

"For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment